God or the Girl, abortion clinic update on my mother's Alzheimer's disease

Go down

God or the Girl, abortion clinic update on my mother's Alzheimer's disease

Post by redpill on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:56 pm

way back in 2006 on A&E TV, i saw, only once A&E reality tv show God or the Girl, i managed to watch it while it was airing on primetime

While watching it, the 4 young men thinking of going to the Catholic clergy and the Catholic college group brought back memories as I myself participated in an Evangelical youth group.

One scene that really stood up to me was when Dan the curly haired guy was passing out Catholic missionary literature, he encountered another person named Dan, who was a fundamentalist, who was also a college 20 something and the two debated. Dan was arguing that Catholics have abandoned the bible and Scripture and he quickly listed several Catholic doctrines and teachings that are contradicted by the bible or have no biblical support

Only bits and pieces I can find on YouTube, but here is a good long chuck of the documentary

as you can see Dan leads his Catholic college youth group to a prayer at an Abortion clinic, with other Catholics with him, saying hail mary and rosary beads, which as an Evangelical I never uttered those words nor did we use rosary beads.

i knew of several youth pastors via my time and involvement in Evangelicalism. Like Catholicism, Evangelicals are also opposed to a woman's right to an abortion, or in other words prolife on abortion

I'm now pro-choice on abortion but I can be "persuaded"

Over the weekend of April 1, 2018 my mom was seen by a neurologist, in medicine its called a consult, and he said she has Alzheimer's dementia, advance. They think her weight loss is due to loss of appetite and apathy about eating.

which  pale

as a kid I thought my mom would live forever. there would never be a time in my life when my would not be there, as in death.

and now I am coming to terms with the eventuality she may die from Alzheimer's dementia. afterwards she'll be lost to me through death.
and it could come in any moment.

I'm envious that my mom's the same age as Donald Trump, and only a little older than Hillary Clinton, and much younger than Ruth Ginsberg, yet those 3 seem perfectly healthy.

I've researched  Alzheimer's dementia, the neurologist did prescribe Aricept (donezepril) and Namenda (mementine) but there is no cure.  Recently drug trials for a class of drugs called BASE inhibitors have failed. There are several drugs that are being tested in phase 2/3 clinical trials, but many of these are also BASE inhibitors.

One day in the near future I wake up in the morning and I find my mother doesn't wake up, and that she had died in her sleep  pale

I always considered the possibility my mom might die premature due to breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cardiac arrest, car accident.
On Survivor Millennial vs Gen X the winner Adam Klien's mother died of lung cancer and she was a non smoker, just days after Adam returned. So now Adam as a 20 something  Millennial has to spend the rest of his life without his mother.

I've read atheist literature, esp Brian Marsahll's Why doesn't god heal amputees and the concern in the back of my mind is while everything he says sounds good, what if my mom gets breast cancer or lung cancer or ovarian cancer or a stroke or blood clot?
I never thought she'd get Alzheimer's dementia - that wasn't on my list of things I thought could happen.

Some people claim they prayed and got a miracle cure.

I've been scouring the internet for miracle healing of those with   Alzheimer's dementia

there are several such blogs and stories of individuals show say they prayed and   Alzheimer's dementia was reversed or even cured

June and Alzheimer's - Prayers for Healing - June Berg Alzheimer's
www.junebergalzheimers.com/june-and-alzheimers/june-prayers-healing

May 15, 2015 - When June first was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, I was one that thought perhaps Jun's life could be saved by prayers for healing…I had heard of such claims of miracle Cures through prayer…but I was also concerned about the often expressed opinions that "all that has or will happen, was or is a part of ...

Doctors Amazed by Pastor's Recovery from Dementia - CBN.com
www.cbn.com/700club/features/amazing/RH98_Richard_skoff.aspx

Through an MRI and CAT scan their doctor determined Richard had early onset Lewy Body Disease, a form of dementia and Alzheimer's with no known cure. Theresa was ... Richard says that during a time of prayer he heard God say use all the tools available for his healing - including nutrition. Theresa says, “He started ...

Alzheimer's Hope! – Divine Integration Healing
www.divineintegrationhealing.com/alzheimers-hope/

My mother had very advanced Alzheimer's disease and was completely unresponsive to her environment. She was also plagued, by frequent seizures and raging systemic infections. I began to intervene energetically, with God's help, and my mother, over the next two years, regained the ability to turn towards us, to make ...

as I mentioned before here is a woman who claimed prayer healed her  Alzheimer's disease

if my mom turns out like she did, I'd consider it a healing miracle.

Suppose an angel appears in a dream or vision or while i'm watching the angel documentaries on YouTube and offers a healing miracle

and cure her just like the woman above was cured

Sure I think that's great. I've agreed with a lot of what atheists have said, but an angel curing my mom of  Alzheimer's can certainly change my mind about a lot of things.  If this angel wants me to switch my views on abortion from pro-choice to pro-life, in exchange for miracle prayer based healing, just like those young college Catholics in the God or the Girl video praying at an abortion clinic,  I could do that.

My interest in religion and angels has always been rooted for the possibility of miracle healing.

I don't define miracle the way atheists like David Hume did, as a violation of the laws of nature. I define miracle as my mom being cured of Alzheimer's like other people have testified. Even if there is a thoroughly naturalistic, scientific mechanistic explanation for recovery from dementia, that somehow the immune system created antibodies that bind to Amyloid and Tau proteins causing them to be cleared resulting in complete recovery, it's still a miracle in my book. Maybe prayer has a quantum mechanical mind body effect on healing.

In mean time I plan to contact some churches such as the Mormons to send volunteers to pray for my mom, and I will invite them in my home.

As for me, I'll pray to the Unknown God for healing. I'll also attempt the Law of Attraction to attract a life free of dementia Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

Re: God or the Girl, abortion clinic update on my mother's Alzheimer's disease

Post by MurderMysteryReader on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:42 pm

If your mother was healed from Alzheimer's it would truly be a miracle. I haven't heard of anyone diagnosed with the disease of being cured of it. My aunt wasn't and it took her. I contacted Mama2JML about changing my username, but have not heard back from her. I don't know if I ever will. I might have to contact someone else who can change it as I can't change it myself.

Last edited by MurderMysteryReader on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I wanted to add something.)
MurderMysteryReader

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:37 am

MurderMysteryReader wrote:If your mother was healed from Alzheimer's it would truly be a miracle. I haven't heard of anyone diagnosed with the disease of being cured of it.  My aunt wasn't and it took her. I contacted Mama2JML about changing my username, but have not heard back from her. I don't know if I ever will. I might have to contact someone else who can change it as I can't change it myself.

I agree. I might take a break from true crime to further research miracle healing. Btw what do you want your new username to be? I contacted Mama2JM and out of the blue after a month she emailed me.

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderMysteryReader on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:44 am

You will have your hands full with your mother. I don't know your family dynamic. Decisions will have to be made. The best hope and best outcome would be the miraculous healing, but time will tell. I am glad that you contacted Mama2JM about this situation and that she responded. I think Bookworm will. Do as a username. It describes me very well. Thank You. Getting a new username will take care of the problem.
MurderMysteryReader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum