The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EARS/ONS GSK and Mr. Cruel link ruled out, but both Australia taskforce and FBI considered it JonBenet Ramsey

Go down

EARS/ONS GSK and Mr. Cruel link ruled out, but both Australia taskforce and FBI considered it  JonBenet Ramsey Empty EARS/ONS GSK and Mr. Cruel link ruled out, but both Australia taskforce and FBI considered it JonBenet Ramsey

Post by redpill Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:16 pm

The article is located here: https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/californias-golden-state-killer-linked-to-victorias-mr-cruel/news-story/6c91599d9be8db79a7a33bd814b097a0

If you can't read the article because it's behind a paywall, here you go:

A renewed investigation into one of America’s most elusive serial killers — wanted for 12 murders and 45 rapes — has unearthed ­intriguing Australian links.

The Australian can reveal US authorities have looked at the possibility the Golden State Killer fled to Australia, while Victorian police have confirmed they investigated and ruled out a connection to that state’s infamous unidentified offender Mr Cruel.

The GSK — also known as the East Area Rapist and the Original Night Stalker before his crimes were connected — terrorised ­California in the 1970s and 80s with attacks on women, couples and children in their homes. His crime spree mysteriously and ­abruptly ended in 1986, and ­despite his DNA being recovered he has never been identified.

The FBI launched a major new appeal for public assistance in 2016 and international interest in the crimes has surged with the ­release of a best-selling book, several podcasts and a TV documentary series.

Among the countless tips and leads examined by investigators, one from a retired Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department ­detective, David Gates, links to Australia.

Mr Gates contacted the FBI within days of its appeal, reporting that the clean-cut “GSK” suspect closely resembled a man wanted for burglaries in the mid-1980s.

Detectives knew the burglar’s identity but later discovered he had moved to Australia, where he died in a traffic accident, Mr Gates said.

When contacted by The Australian, 71-year-old Mr Gates confirmed GSK investigators spoke to him about the tip.

“It sounded like an individual I knew about, who had emigrated to Australia,” he said.

“I had a partner at the time and it was his case and I was assisting him on it. He doesn’t remember it at all but I just remember this guy and I can even picture the wanted poster we had on him at the time.

“He looked like a little fair-haired college kid but he was just a nasty piece of work.”

Mr Gates believed the burglaries occurred in upmarket Calabasas or neighbouring Hidden Hills in California and that the offender was arrested for minor crimes, which was how detectives knew his identity.

In another local link, Victoria Police confirmed the GSK was at some stage on its radar as it investigated Mr Cruel.

Mr Cruel is the moniker given to the man suspected of a series of attacks on young girls in ­Melbourne in the 1980s and 1990s. In 1987 — his first accepted attack, although some suspect there were earlier ones — he broke into a family home in Lower Plenty and sexually assaulted an 11-year-old girl after restraining her parents.

Among the shared traits ­between this attack and GSK’s crimes, both reportedly involved men who took breaks to eat meals, were armed with a knife and a gun, engaged in pretend conversations with others, used expert knots and claimed they were only there to rob their ­victims. Mr Cruel forced his victims to wash and his DNA was not recovered.

Crime buffs have discussed the similarities on a range of online forums, but police dismiss any link.

“Victoria Police is aware of the matter regarding the Golden State Killer in the US,” a police statement reads.

“This was reviewed in relation to the outstanding Mr Cruel ­investigations in Victoria and any connection has been ruled out.”

Former Victorian detective Chris O’Connor, who worked on the Spectrum taskforce set up to catch Mr Cruel, said sexual ­offenders commonly shared behavioural traits.

“We had information coming from thousands of people from all sorts of walks of life with their own bent on things,” he said.

“The vast majority were genuine. But the necessary reality is that not one of these, unless they’re the offender, has the full facts. That is a flaw in their argument.”

Michelle McNamara ran a true-crime blog and wrote about the GSK’s crimes before her death in 2016. She was writing a book on the case, I’ll Be Gone in the Dark, which was completed after her death and released in February.

At first the GSK attacked women alone or with children, but evolved to target couples. Burglaries and rapes escalated to murders, with victims ranging in age from 13 to 41.

there is substantial overlap in MO from GSK/Mr. Cruel

and many of the items GSK/Mr. Cruel brought to the crime scene is similar (ligature, tape, nylon cord, gloves, shoe prints) to what was found in the Jonbenet Ramsey case

now, if only they will research the JonBenet Ramsey / Mr Cruel link.

if they do, they should give me 100% full credit for coming up with the theory. I am the first to originate the JonBenet Ramsey / Mr Cruel link and any news articles should reference my role in originating the theory and submitting it for analysis

Back to top Go down