Sunday school with Redpill: King David & the holocaust

Go down

Sunday school with Redpill: King David & the holocaust

Post by redpill on Sun May 06, 2018 5:50 pm

Sun May 06, 2018

time for Sunday school with Redpill:

the bible very clearly is high on King david, it depicts god as being totally in love with this guy

‘Fill your horn with oil, and go. I will send you to Jesse the Bethlehemite, for I have provided for myself a king among his sons.’ . . . 13Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers. And the Spirit of the LORD rushed upon David from that day forward” (1 Samuel 16:1, 13).

what did David do?

2 Samuel 8 New International Version (NIV)

David’s Victories

8 In the course of time, David defeated the Philistines and subdued them, and he took Metheg Ammah from the control of the Philistines.

2 David also defeated the Moabites. He made them lie down on the ground and measured them off with a length of cord. Every two lengths of them were put to death, and the third length was allowed to live. So the Moabites became subject to David and brought him tribute.

3 Moreover, David defeated Hadadezer son of Rehob, king of Zobah, when he went to restore his monument at[a] the Euphrates River. 4 David captured a thousand of his chariots, seven thousand charioteers[b] and twenty thousand foot soldiers. He hamstrung all but a hundred of the chariot horses.

5 When the Arameans of Damascus came to help Hadadezer king of Zobah, David struck down twenty-two thousand of them. 6 He put garrisons in the Aramean kingdom of Damascus, and the Arameans became subject to him and brought tribute. The Lord gave David victory wherever he went.

7 David took the gold shields that belonged to the officers of Hadadezer and brought them to Jerusalem. 8 From Tebah[c] and Berothai, towns that belonged to Hadadezer, King David took a great quantity of bronze.

9 When Tou[d] king of Hamath heard that David had defeated the entire army of Hadadezer, 10 he sent his son Joram[e] to King David to greet him and congratulate him on his victory in battle over Hadadezer, who had been at war with Tou. Joram brought with him articles of silver, of gold and of bronze.

11 King David dedicated these articles to the Lord, as he had done with the silver and gold from all the nations he had subdued: 12 Edom[f] and Moab, the Ammonites and the Philistines, and Amalek. He also dedicated the plunder taken from Hadadezer son of Rehob, king of Zobah.

13 And David became famous after he returned from striking down eighteen thousand Edomites[g] in the Valley of Salt.

14 He put garrisons throughout Edom, and all the Edomites became subject to David. The Lord gave David victory wherever he went.

bible praises David

1 Samuel 18:7 As they danced, they sang This was their song: "Saul has killed his thousands, and David his ten thousands!"

and Hitler killed 6 million, does this make Hitler close to Yahweh's heart than Saul or David? the they in this verse were Jewish women.  and how exactly is this pro-life on abortion?

They found an inscription about a century after this events called the Tel Dan Steele, which is interpreted as saying House of David, so they think David was a person of history, but it's hard to see the bible as anything other than propaganda for some guy who killed a lot of people.

4 David captured a thousand of his chariots, seven thousand charioteers[b] and twenty thousand foot soldiers. He hamstrung all but a hundred of the chariot horses.

i don't know what it means to hamstring the a horse

but

cripple (a person or animal) by cutting their hamstrings.

sounds painful.

David's actions

2 David also defeated the Moabites. He made them lie down on the ground and measured them off with a length of cord. Every two lengths of them were put to death, and the third length was allowed to live. So the Moabites became subject to David and brought him tribute.

for this God says in psalms

“I have made a covenant with my chosen one;
I have sworn to David my servant:
4 ‘I will establish your offspring forever,
and build your throne for all generations.’” (Psalm 89:3-4)

I have found David, my servant;
with my holy oil I have anointed him,
21 so that my hand shall be established with him;
my arm also shall strengthen him. (Psalm 89:20-21

the bible very clearly credits David's victories to God

The Lord gave David victory wherever he went

for those who know actual history, the Jews were defeated by the ancient Assryians, Babylonians, then the Romans, who crushed the jews.

despite the promise of maintaining the throne of David forever,  2 Samuel 7:13-16 (NIV)

He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with the rod of men, with floggings inflicted by men. But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever.

But I will not take the whole kingdom out of Solomon's hand; I have made him ruler all the days of his life for the sake of David my servant, whom I chose and who observed my commands and statutes. I will take the kingdom from his son's hands and give you ten tribes. I will give one tribe to his son so that David my servant may always have a lamp before me in Jerusalem, the city where I chose to put my Name.
 1 Kings 11:34-36 (NIV):

the I in this case is "God"

For this is what the LORD says: 'David will never fail to have a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel
Jeremiah 33:17 (NIV):

Davidic line  ended with King Zedekiah in about 586 BC

as a kid reading this, every word or term was confusing. what's a moabite? whats a Bethlehemite? what's a Ammonites ? what's a philistine? i thought the 10 commandments is thou shalt not kill, but here david is doing a lot of killing. and for someone killing so many, why does God love him so much, but rejected Saul?

it was all very confusing to me.

what's the point of this material?

i agree with atheist Marshall Brain these lines and verses don't dazzle me with brilliance and amazement. reading this i don't get the sense that a perfect wise being is the source of this material.

in school history we learned about the Holocaust and we were assigned to read the Diary of Anne Frank. we told how Hilter was a bad person for kiling so many Jews.

but in church, and reading the bible, i learned how the Jews murdered so many Amalkites, Hittites, Moabites, worshipers of abortion-sacrificing to Molech and this is seen as a righteous God's judgment on abortions for Molech.

I see a double standard here. Hitler killing Jews is an atrocity. Jews and bible figures like Samuel Saul David killing Canaanites is good, divinely decreed.

if we use the same standard, then if hitler is a monster so was king david.

ultimately how is any of this of any relevance?

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum