large crowds around arcade video game

Go down

large crowds around arcade video game

Post by redpill on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Thu Sep 20, 2018

this forum was down for the past couple days, and i am only now able to access it.

sadly it looks like image server is down.

i realize i can die at any second for any reason so i figure i wanna talk about my life.

one thing i am an eyewitness to

in the 80s and into the 90s, when arcade video games that require quarters or tokens were popular,

it was fairly common, esp on the weekends to see large spectators watching the gamer play games.

games like space ace and dragons lair for example, had an extra tv screen on top for spectators to watch.

the game kung fu was also popular, in the early 80s oriental martial arts had a mystique

and yie are the kung fu

in the 90s both street fighter 2 and mortal kombat were immensely popular and there were huge crowds of spectators watching 2 people compete and fight against one another.

on street fighter some of the most common fighters were ryu vs ken, and there were a lot of fireballs and dragon punches

mortal kombat had those fatalities

i didn't play dance dance revolution but there were large crowds for that. it was one of the few video games at arcades that girls like to play.

i once played star wars and darius and i attracted a crowd watching me, i thought it a bit flattering.

i imagine this is forever gone.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum