Should public school teachers raise the topic of abortion and call prolifers anti-choicers?

Go down

Should public school teachers raise the topic of abortion and call prolifers anti-choicers?

Post by redpill on Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:37 pm

Sun Sep 30, 2018

in high school i took a sociology course, not AP as it did not exist in the 1980s, but just regular one, taught from a standard topic, which covered standard topics. The teacher was a psychology teacher Mr A*** and he was voted most popular teacher. He told the class he minored in sociology.

in a lot of the classes i took, from english literature and writing, to american history, to this course, and even psychology, abortion was mentioned.

i went to a public high school and most of the students by high school were prochoice.

the teacher said he calls prolifers anti-choice

at the time i wasn't sure what to think, but looking back, i question whether that is professional.

if he wants to talk about abortion in a sociology course, calling prolife students anti-choice seems to go against the ethos of schooling to let students come to their own views.

or to put it another way, imagine he calls blacks who rape murder n*ggers.

would you allow a public school teacher to calls blacks who commit crimes n*ggers?

how is that different from calling prolife students anti-choicers.

he clearly was imposing his views on abortion to all the students, and making value judgments.

he was fortunate he taught in the 80s and he was one of the most popular teachers in the school

i was transitioning from prolife views to prochoice views myself.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum