The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

deadly shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue vs claims in the Old Testament

Go down

deadly shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue vs claims in the Old Testament Empty deadly shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue vs claims in the Old Testament

Post by redpill Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:22 am

Sun Oct 28, 2018

i click on my news and i learn

deadly shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue

11 Jews dead.

an ant-semitic gunman walks into a Jewish synagogue and guns down 11 jews worshiping Yahweh

this is the real world. 11 real Jews are dead as of yesterday when it happened, Saturday Oct 27, 2018

Jews the bible claims are god's chosen ones. god has a covenant with jews

Jews of course regard the Christian bible's Old Testament as their bible, with no New Testament.

growing up i read the bible believing it was the word of god.

but one thing i notice was how much killing there was going on in the old testament.

the unmistakeable claim in the OT is that god helps jews achieve military victory over the canaanites, egyptians and others

this is a passage from Joshua 10:14

The Day the Sun Stood Still
…13So the sun stood still and the moon stopped until the nation took vengeance upon its enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? “So the sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down almost a full day.” 14There has been no day like it before or since, when the LORD listened to the voice of a man, because the LORD fought for Israel. 15Then Joshua returned with all Israel to the camp at Gilgal.…

so the bible has many claims in that god actively fought for israel against their enemies, here Joshua at Jashar, where he caused the sun to stand still, so Jews can kill more people.

when i was reading this as a kid the only thing i knew about history was that hitler murdereed 6 million jews in the holocaust

why does the bible claim throughout the old testament that god helps jews achieve military victory against the canaanites, but that in the real world, in the world outside the bible, hitler and the nazi murdered 6 million jews with no response from god.

there appeared to be a contradiction between my observation of the real world, the real world where 6 million jews perished by the nazis

and the claims of the bible, where god actively fought alongside the jews against the idolators.

and hitler didn't kill 6 million satanists or pagans or idolators or even muslims or christians. he killed 6 million jews, which the bible says god has a convenantal relationship with

today's news of a gunman killing 11 jews is more of the same

there were so many things that god could have done to stop the gunman from jamming his gun, to giving him a heart attack to simply changing his mind.

the victims were 11 jews.

so the world of the bible is a god who helps jews achieve military victory over his enemies, except when they lose. when they lose they attribute the defeat to sin.

But the sons of Israel acted unfaithfully in regard to the things under the ban, for Achan, the son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi, the son of Zerah, from the tribe of Judah, took some of the things under the ban, therefore the anger of the LORD burned against the sons of Israel. Now Joshua sent men from Jericho to Ai, which is near Beth-aven, east of Bethel, and said to them, “Go up and spy out the land.” So the men went up and spied out Ai. And they returned to Joshua and said to him, “Do not let all the people go up; only about two or three thousand men need go up to Ai; do not make all the people toil up there, for they are few.” So about three thousand men from the people went up there, but they fled from the men of Ai. And the men of Ai struck down about thirty-six of their men, and pursued them from the gate as far as Shebarim, and struck them down on the descent, so the hearts of the people melted and became as water.
(Joshua 7:1-5, NASB).

when jews lose their battle its because of sin. god's anger burns against the jews causing them to lose their next battle.

christians of course take these statements seriously, as presumably do jews.

somewhere in the bible is the verse the claim god is the same yesterday

today and forever more. so if god is the same, does he still help jews win military battles?

ultimately hitler was defeated by the combine armies of usa and soviet union, and that gunman was defeated by cops with guns, though he injured 6 according to the news reports.

guns help you achieve military victory. god, not so much.

in vikings many engagements the vikings actually defeated the christians, and the christians said we did not find favor with god. in other engagements viking fought vikings, and sometimes christians beat the vikings which they credit christ. when europe became christian you had christians fighting christians.

i am unclear why jews follow the dietary kosher laws in the OT, but not, say, putting homosexuals to death.

i was skeptical of the claim that victory in battle had anything to do with god.

the most successful conqueror in pre-modern history was genghis khan, with alexander the great and julius caesar achieving many great military victories. yet these 2 conquerors did not worship the god of israel.

and in addition to the holocaust, the jews got their asses kicked by the romans in 2 major engagements.

i considered another explanation

what if there is no god, the bible is not the word of god, despite what a lot of people told me in person.

what if god no more is involved in battles than he is in the outcome of a sporting event like a football game.

instead of using the word israelites, you use the word of your favorite sports team.

god was with the new england patriots and therefore they scored a touchdown against the philidephia eagles.

the new england patriots sinned by accepting homosexuals, so they lost their next game to the kansas city chiefs.

god clearly had no role to play in who wins or loses a sporting event, though many athletes are religious and believe some higher power like god helps them succeed in sports against their rivals.

clearly absurd, but that is what the OT is claiming about jews and their supposed victories.

i have since learned archaelogy have refuted the claims of the OT. there is no archaeological evidence of an exodus. there is no egyptian records that substantiate the claims of exodus and joshua. the events are wholly fictional, which means the main character of the said events, yahweh, is also fictional.

so the reason a gunman was able kill 11 jews yesterday is that there is no god to prevent it.

so it kinda all makes sense.

the bible was written by primitive men who had delusional beliefs that god chose the jews as his favorites and gave him victories, defeats can be explained as sin. jews committed sins. god then lifts his protection and jews lose badly.

the bible isn't the word of god, it is the word of primitive men, and the main character yahweh is a fictional character.

whether its hitler killing 6 million jews or a crazed guman killing 11 jews in a house of worship, it seems god doesnt protect.

these verses from the jewish old testament

Joshua 10:14

The Day the Sun Stood Still
…13So the sun stood still and the moon stopped until the nation took vengeance upon its enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? “So the sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down almost a full day.” 14There has been no day like it before or since, when the LORD listened to the voice of a man, because the LORD fought for Israel. 15Then Joshua returned with all Israel to the camp at Gilgal.…

But the sons of Israel acted unfaithfully in regard to the things under the ban, for Achan, the son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi, the son of Zerah, from the tribe of Judah, took some of the things under the ban, therefore the anger of the LORD burned against the sons of Israel. Now Joshua sent men from Jericho to Ai, which is near Beth-aven, east of Bethel, and said to them, “Go up and spy out the land.” So the men went up and spied out Ai. And they returned to Joshua and said to him, “Do not let all the people go up; only about two or three thousand men need go up to Ai; do not make all the people toil up there, for they are few.” So about three thousand men from the people went up there, but they fled from the men of Ai. And the men of Ai struck down about thirty-six of their men, and pursued them from the gate as far as Shebarim, and struck them down on the descent, so the hearts of the people melted and became as water.
(Joshua 7:1-5, NASB).

the bible for me are just words on a piece of paper. the words i just read while from the bible, have no emotional significance to me. and preachers claiming this is how sin is affecting jews has no pull on me.

trump said jews need armed guards to protect them and i agree.

re: book of jashar

The Book of Jasher (also, Jashar) or the Book of the Upright or the Book of the Just Man (Hebrew: סֵפֶר הַיׇּשׇׁר‬; transliteration: sēfer hayyāšār) is an unknown book mentioned in the Hebrew Bible. The translation "Book of the Just Man" is the traditional Greek and Latin translation, while the transliterated form "Jasher" is found in the King James Bible, 161

so the bible quotes a book of Jashar which is lost.

this verse succinctly summarizes what i actually read when i read the bible

, therefore the anger of the LORD burned against the sons of Israel.

this statement in its various forms is repeated many times, that god anger and hate BURNS against the jews, and he then makes Jews suffer and die, bc of some sin like idolatry.

i dont want to worship a deity who is filled with this

when i see jews studying torah

deadly shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue vs claims in the Old Testament Batm_110

when i read the torah i remember this

"Now then let Me alone, that My anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them; and I will make of you a great nation." Then Moses entreated the LORD his God, and said, "O LORD, why does Your anger burn against Your people whom You have brought out from the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand?
Exodus 32:10-11

God wants to exterminate all Jews, he wants to destroy Jews, the entire Torah is how God is itching to kill Jews.

when christians say just believe in jesus and you'll be saved. jesus loves you, what they omit is that to believe in jesus is to also believe in the entire bible, including the old testament.

it's the classic bait and switch scam

Back to top Go down