The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i just had my first multiday power outage and heavy snow

2 posters

Go down

i just had my first multiday power outage and heavy snow Empty i just had my first multiday power outage and heavy snow

Post by redpill Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Mon Jan 14, 2019

i just got powered restored for me now.

on friday it was snowing extremely heavy where i lived.

i knew that could be the case so i bought a lot of frozen food to eat.

but then on saturday 2pm, the power went out. and this in Jan in winter with snow.

i thought no big deal power would go on.

but after several hours it didn't return. so i wore winter coat and slept in my bed and it was cold, my home temp was 40, lots of places closed due to snow.
my streets were caked with snow

i turned on the gas fireplace where i live and that kept me warm. while not as nice as a wood fireplace it worked reliably.

i thought power would be returned but once again it didn't return and i spent another night cold only this time i slept next to the fireplace.

today around 7pm it finally returned power and here i am blogging about it.

having no power and heavy snow sucks. nothing works, except gas fire. and my house was really cold and there was lots of snow i had to remove Sad

Back to top Go down

i just had my first multiday power outage and heavy snow Empty Re: i just had my first multiday power outage and heavy snow

Post by searchinGirl Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:14 pm

So you do have a gas fireplace. Did you have enough food to eat?

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

i just had my first multiday power outage and heavy snow Empty Re: i just had my first multiday power outage and heavy snow

Post by redpill Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:23 pm

searchinGirl wrote:So you do have a gas fireplace. Did you have enough food to eat?

without electricity cooking it was a challenge. Sad

i had cookie dough which i tried to cook it in the gas fireplace but it burned, cooking uneven.

i ate a LOT of bananas and potato chips Sad

yes i have a gas fireplace with ceramic artificial logs. that was the only thing that kept me warm

my entire housing area of more than 30+ houses had no power, not just mine.

i've had power outages my entire life but this was the first that lasted days

and i'm someone who has seen doomsday preppers but i never imagined this. i was thinking asteroids or UFO invasions, not losing power for a couple days No

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:06 am

Did your mom stay warm?

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:11 am

searchinGirl wrote:Did your mom stay warm?

not really, but i had her sleep by the fireplace. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:20 am

Hopefully you didn’t sleep on a cold floor. My mom lived in NC and when it snows there the electricity always goes out. She would set herself up next to the gas fireplace with a radio for two or three days at a time. Because it always happens she could always plan. I miss her.

We haven’t had a storm like you just had for awhile. The last several winters have been pretty dry. I can remember three foot deep three day long storms maybe twenty years ago. How much snow fell?

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 am

searchinGirl wrote:Hopefully you didn’t sleep on a cold floor. My mom lived in NC and when it snows there the electricity always goes out. She would set herself up next to the gas fireplace with a radio for two or three days at a time. Because it always happens she could always plan. I miss her.

We haven’t had a storm like you just had for awhile. The last several winters have been pretty dry. I can remember three foot deep three day long storms maybe twenty years ago. How much snow fell?

wow i was thinking how nice it is to live in florida, except for the hurricanes. NC also has hurricanes

we got 10 inches of snow Sad i've never though had an experience of not having power in the winter for several days.

supposedly more cold and snow is in the forecast.

when i was a kid in the 70s i remember and have photos of foots of snow.

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:45 am

Just read there was an earthquake in Kansas tonight near Caldwell.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:28 pm

searchinGirl wrote:Just read there was an earthquake in Kansas tonight near Caldwell.

i didn't see that but weather forecast is more snow and an artic blast of extreme cold Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down