The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abigail Williams, 13, Libby German, 14 2 year anniversary Lyica Cook Elizabeth Collins 2012

Go down

Abigail Williams, 13, Libby German, 14 2 year  anniversary Lyica Cook Elizabeth Collins 2012 Empty Abigail Williams, 13, Libby German, 14 2 year anniversary Lyica Cook Elizabeth Collins 2012

Post by redpill Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:58 pm

Sat Feb 16, 2019

cat

Feb 13, 2019  was the 2 year  anniversary of Abby Williams and Libby German

Abigail Williams, 13, Libby German, 14 2 year  anniversary Lyica Cook Elizabeth Collins 2012 Missin12

Abigail Williams, 13, Libby German, 14 2 year  anniversary Lyica Cook Elizabeth Collins 2012 Delphi12

still unsolved.

suspect in photo still unidentified despite $200k+ reweard iirc

they have not released any details like DNA or method of death

authorities have kept a tight lip on the details, such as where they were killed whether the bodies were dumped

they did say "down the hill"

when i was there age i was in the woods to, the woods closest where i lived was too small for a bigfoot, but i still pretended bigfoot was there.

also worth mentioning is the Iowa cold case murder of Lyica Cook & Elizabeth Collins 2012

Abigail Williams, 13, Libby German, 14 2 year  anniversary Lyica Cook Elizabeth Collins 2012 F21ab710

Lyica Cook & Elizabeth Collins 2012 were bicycling in the woods when they were somehow murdered.

a write up on reddit
u/BubbaJoeJones wrote:
In 2012, cousins Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins were riding their bikes near Meyers Lake in Evansdale, Iowa, where they would be seen together for the last time. 5 months later, their bodies were recovered at Seven Bridges Park, 25 miles away from the abduction site. Their killer remains at large.

Cousins Lyric Cook, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, were riding their bikes on a Friday afternoon on July 13, 2012. Their grandma, Wylma, had last seen them riding their bikes towards downtown Evansdale at approximately 12:20 PM. Evansdale, Iowa is a small town with a population of 4,700 and is 10 miles southeast of Waterloo, which is the fourth most populous city in Iowa with a population of approximately 68,000. However, the two cities are close enough together that you can enter either city without any significant distinction from the other. The girls often rode their bikes together, but not for too long, as insisted by their caretakers. When they didn't return home on time as they always responsibly did, the family went searching for their girls at approximately 2:00 PM. When they were nowhere to be found, Wylma promptly alerted the authorities at 2:48 PM, reporting her grandchildren as missing.

A search ensued almost immediately. The location where the girls disappeared is approximately 15 miles away from an FBI field office, which likely contributed to the the rapid success of the search effort. Witnesses would later say the girls were last seen on Brovan Boulevard in Evansdale, and that they were spotted again by at 1:00 PM on Gilbert Drive, which was close to Meyers Lake. Meyers Lake is a popular recreation area where families often gather to catch prize fish. Hundreds of volunteers in the community participated in the search. Two days after their disappearance, the Lake had been partially drained in the hopes that they would find significant evidence, but turned up nothing. The search involved FBI dive teams, infrared-equipped aircraft, scent trail dogs, and cadaver dogs, but nobody could find any trace of the missing cousins. It wasn't until 5:00 PM that local firefighters discovered the children's bicycles as well as Elizabeth's belongings on a trail near the southeast corner of Meyers Lake. When the bicycles were found, it became apparent that the girls were in imminent danger, and that time was valuable. Fliers were posted around the community, pleading for the children's safe return.

The girls remained missing for 5 months. Their bodies were discovered on December 5, 2012, by hunters in a remote wooded area at Seven Bridges Wildlife Park in Bremer County, approximately 25 miles north from Meyers Lake. According to one source, Seven Bridges is in an isolated area with only one sign indicating its existence, suggesting that the perpetrator was familiar with the park. Authorities never revealed how the girls were murdered and continue to withhold pertinent information; a common investigation strategy that helps avoid false confessions. This case in particular has already received at least two false confessions, but law enforcement officers were able to quickly rule them out as they did share any information that has not been shared with the public. Lyric and Elizabeth’s families, who had hoped and wanted to believe that their children were alive, were devastated. Community members would later hold a candle light vigil at Meyers Lake, where thousands of attendees arrived to pay their respects. Since then, the park at Meyers Lake has been converted into “Angels Park,” which has large monuments dedicated to several missing persons, and also the opportunity for people to purchase bricks in which they can dedicate a memorial designed for someone of their choosing.

On June 24, 2013, 6 months after their bodies were recovered, LE announced that three witnesses had come foward with valuable information. There was allegedly a white, full sized, older "large clunky SUV," similar to a Chevy Suburban or Ford Bronco, parked on Arbutus Avenue on the date of the girls disappearance. Arbutus Avenue meets the bike trail where their bicycles and possessions had been located. Two witnesses placed the vehicle between two signs on the biking trail, whereas the third witness claimed they saw the veichle parked near the woods, 100 feet away from where their bikes were. All three witness statements were said to be consistent as they all provided the same time frame: the veichle had been parked at the park between 11:30 to 12:30 PM. As witnesses faced criticism as to why they waited so long to come foward, authorities claimed that law enforcement officials had started to "pour through the reports and start making connections." Sources revealed that two of the three witnesses did come foward during the initial investigation, but the third witness waited several months later as they presumed that someone had already filed that tip. The police investigated over 1,000 leads and hundreds of registered sex offenders, but the perpetrator still remains unidentified.

The FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit released this offender profile:

•The offender is familiar with both Meyers Lake and Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in Bremer County.

•The offender selected Seven Bridges because he was familiar with how secluded the area is.

•The offender blends in with and may be part of the Evansdale, Bremer and surrounding communities.

•The perpetrator most likely used “quiet coercion” to gain compliance such as a ruse or threats of violence to get the girls to leave with him.

•During July of 2012, the perpetrator may have been experiencing stress due to spousal problems, financial difficulties, legal trouble employment difficulties or mental health issues.

•The offender may avoid discussing the case or may show interest in following media developments.

•The offender may have abducted or attempted to abduct other children or adults in the past.

•Following the disappearance, the suspect may have changed their appearance, hairstyle or facial hair.

•The vehicle may have been hidden or suddenly sold, altered with a new paint job, or the interior re-upholstered.

Theories

It is worth mentioning that some people theorize that Lyric and Elizabeth were murdered as revenge for a possible drug dispute that Lyric’s parents were involved in. Both of Lyric’s parents, and her older brother, abused Methamphetamine, and her father had a history of making the drug in the house while the children were home, including the day that they disappeared. Her father, Dan Morrissey, was also scheduled in court to testify against people he had meth deals with shortly after their disappearance. Elizabeth’s parents have publicly stated that they believe their child’s disappearance was related to Lyric’s families’ substance abuse, and went as far as refusing to have joint memorial or funeral services.

A year and a half after the children went missing, Dan Morrissey was sentenced to 90 years in prison for drug charges. After nearly four years of silence, Dan broke his silence during September of this year, and spoke exclusively with KWWL while behind bars. Dan stated that despite his troubled past, his substance abuse has nothing to do with his daughter’s murder, saying “ Yeah it doesn’t even make sense if you think about it and play it out. You know, why would this happen? If I had any idea of somebody that was in my life, that I owned money to or had threatened me or anything, you’d think I wouldn’t know who that person is? You know what I mean. So I mean that would be the number one suspect on the case and this thing would have been solved a long time ago. But there is absolutely nobody in my life that I owe money to or that I have told on or anything like that. That has nothing to do with my daughter… And why would they abduct Elizabeth and my daughter at the same time in another town that my daughter’s not even from on a random bike ride that nobody knew they were going to take. It doesn’t make sense.”

In 2014, Lyric’s mother, Misty Cook, was also sentenced to 10 years in prison for drug charges, but was released in 2015. Also aware of the scrutiny of the public, Misty claims that she has since turned her life around and that her daughter Abigail, who was 5 months old during the time of the interview in 2017, helped her “live again.” Misty claimed that her drug abuse was a result of coping with the pain that the disappearance of her daughter caused, and that while she regrets her past, believes that she doesn’t deserve being shamed by the public.

Elizabeth’s parents, Drew and Heather Collins, have since divorced.

All of the parents’ cell phones and personal computers were taken in for examination during the initial investigation, but there was no sign of any suspicious activity. Interviews and polygraph tests were also conducted, but yet again revealed nothing that could indicate their personal involvement or knowing of who was involved.

People also theorize that the offender responsible for the murders of Lyric and Elizabeth may possibly be responsible for the murders of Abigal Williams, 13, and Liberty German, 14. On February 13, 2017, Abby and Libby were dropped off at Monon High Bridge in Delphi, Indiana, by Libby's older sister, Kelsi at approximately 1:45 PM. At 2:07, Libby uploaded a photo of Abby on the bridge to Snapchat. At 3:11, Libby's father, Derrick, called Libby's phone to let the children know that he was on his way and that they were to return to the drop of location, but there was no answer. Upon arrival at 3:14, the girls were nowhere to be found. A search ensued at approximately 5:00 PM, but the girls’ bodies would not be recovered until the next morning, where they were located on the trail bed by the creek on the trail. People believe that these crimes are similar in nature and that the perpetrator responsible for the Delphi murders is a serial killer who preys on young, vulnerable girls. Similarly to that of the Evansdale murders, no further information regarding the murder has been released by authorities. Delphi investigators requested to share notes with Evansdale investigators early in the investigation, which first caused people to theorize that they believe there is a possible connection between the two crimes. When asked if the crimes were related at an official press conference, it was said "We don’t have any evidence that leads us to believe these two cases are connected... A lot of people would hope we can solve both of them." However, other than the fact that two female children were abducted and murdered while together, there are no significant similarities beyond that.

Another theory is that it was a crime of opportunity, and a child predator saw Lyric and Elizabeth by themselves, and abducted them when the opportunity presented itself. 6 years later, the case remains unsolved.

Links:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2012/12/10/us/iowa-missing-girls/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2F

https://owlcation.com/social-sciences/Loss-of-Angels-The-Evansdale-Iowa-Murders

https://kwwl.com/news/lyric-elizabeth/2018/09/27/a-conversation-with-lyric-cooks-father-from-behind-bars/

https://www.google.com/amp/whotv.com/2014/08/22/investigators-release-suspect-profile-in-murder-of-evansdale-cousins/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/globegazette.com/news/iowa/case-of-two-missing-cousins-who-were-abducted-in-evansdale/article_aad7fede-8a8a-5c90-80db-94948ab200ab.amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/98956208

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/356413001

http://www.kwwl.com/story/34591309/2017/02/Thursday/similarities-between-indiana-murders-lyric-and-elizabeth

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kcci.com/article/ohio-double-murder-case-holds-similarities-with-evansdale-case/9111881

officially Indiana considers the murders to be coincidence and not linked.

now i'm thinking i should perhaps carry a gun.

since the 2 girls were last seen riding bicycles, did they stop and then get abducted, or were they knocked off while bicycling?

i also bicycled through the woods when i was young. Shocked pale

if i could somehow be a kid again, but knowing what i now know, i'm not sure what i would do.

when i was a kid i bicicyled and hiked in the woods and the thought of someone killing me never not once ever occurred to me. i was looking out for wood peckers and owls and berries. sometimes i had dnd type fantasies of seeing a monster or a dragon or a bigfoot.

now i know there are bad people in the woods and they kill kids pale pale Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down