The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my thoughts on the 2018 new round of DNA testing on The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey

Go down

my thoughts on the 2018 new round of DNA testing on The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey Empty my thoughts on the 2018 new round of DNA testing on The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey

Post by redpill Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:58 am

Mon Jul 22, 2019

I'm writing this on Mon Jul 22, 2019

it stopped raining and is much cooler, certainly much cooler than the previous week.

news reports that stan garnett ordered a new round of DNA testing in 2017

JonBenet Ramsey case: New DNA testing planned
CNN-Dec 15, 2016
The Colorado Bureau of investigation is opening a new DNA testing facility in 2017 and will next year use new technology in the JonBenet case ...

New DNA Testing Planned in the 20-Year-Old Murder Case of ...
NBCNews.com-Dec 14, 2016

Colorado DA on Reopening DNA Portion of JonBenet Ramsey Murder ...
In-Depth-ABC News-Dec 15, 2016

Colorado DA on Reopening DNA Portion of JonBenet Ramsey Murder ...
In-Depth-ABC News-Dec 15, 2016

this is what i think is being done behind the scenes with these results

Story image for JonBenet dna from MIT Technology Review
The citizen scientist who finds killers from her couch
MIT Technology Review-Jun 22, 2018
She'd been hired to connect DNA from a long-ago murder scene to a suspect. This is her sort of riddle, mixing genetics, census records, and ...

based on this news report

Forensic testing had gotten what’s called a partial Y-STR profile of the suspect’s DNA, based on his Y chromosome. With technological advances just in the past decade, Cormier got more testing with new technology, and got a larger DNA profile.

That was checked against a state Department of Health database. The closest match to the partial Y-STR profile was a man who wasn’t even born when Christine disappeared but had committed a crime that required him to submit a DNA sample, police said.

The suspect they were looking for, police concluded, was related to that person. That man’s father was Joao Monteiro, police say.

When police looked into Joao Monteiro’s background, they found he’d moved at least 19 times in the last 30 years, with one address 78 Slater St., directly above Saints Market. Other addresses were right in Christine’s neighborhood.

Police began following Monteiro — who, they said, “lives his life in a very covert manner,” parking his car at a building next door to his Central Falls home, and parking it between two large delivery trucks at work, police said.

This week, investigators got a search warrant for Monteiro’s DNA. At 8 a.m. Wednesday, they brought him to the Pawtucket Police Department to swab his cheeks and get it. By 5:50 p.m., forensic scientist Tamara Wong of the Department of Health contacted Cormier: Monteiro’s DNA was consistent with the sample found in the blood on Christine’s pants.

He was brought into custody after leaving work late Wednesday.

At the news conference in Pawtucket on Thursday, Cormier said she hopes it’s not the last arrest from the deck of cards.

“I hope this is a message to the people responsible for these crimes: We are coming for you,” she said.That was checked against a state Department of Health database. The closest match to the partial Y-STR profile was a man who wasn’t even born when Christine disappeared but had committed a crime that required him to submit a DNA sample, police said.

The suspect they were looking for, police concluded, was related to that person. That man’s father was Joao Monteiro, police say.

When police looked into Joao Monteiro’s background, they found he’d moved at least 19 times in the last 30 years, with one address 78 Slater St., directly above Saints Market. Other addresses were right in Christine’s neighborhood.

Police began following Monteiro — who, they said, “lives his life in a very covert manner,” parking his car at a building next door to his Central Falls home, and parking it between two large delivery trucks at work, police said.

This week, investigators got a search warrant for Monteiro’s DNA. At 8 a.m. Wednesday, they brought him to the Pawtucket Police Department to swab his cheeks and get it. By 5:50 p.m., forensic scientist Tamara Wong of the Department of Health contacted Cormier: Monteiro’s DNA was consistent with the sample found in the blood on Christine’s pants.

He was brought into custody after leaving work late Wednesday.

At the news conference in Pawtucket on Thursday, Cormier said she hopes it’s not the last arrest from the deck of cards.

“I hope this is a message to the people responsible for these crimes: We are coming for you,” she said.

ref https://www.providencejournal.com/news/20190718/dna-analysis-leads-to-arrest-in-1988-murder-of-10-year-old-girl

the new round of DNA testing includes,

re-testing the original DNA tests, such as the blood spot on the panties, longjohns, fingernails etc,

testing or re-testing all items associated with the crime, from the ligature and paintbrush, to clothing, ransom note, items collected near where the body was found, her bed and items in her bedroom, barbie nightgown and blanket

and the DNA tests include

Forensic testing had gotten what’s called a partial Y-STR profile of the suspect’s DNA, based on his Y chromosome. With technological advances just in the past decade, Cormier got more testing with new technology, and got a larger DNA profile.

That was checked against a state Department of Health database. The closest match to the partial Y-STR profile was a man who wasn’t even born when Christine disappeared but had committed a crime that required him to submit a DNA sample, police said.

a standard nuclear DNA profile, the original profile distal stain 007 is either 9 or 10 markers, whereas CODIS usually requires 12.

newer DNA tests 2018 as described in CBS show the case of goes out to 16 markers

CBI should be able to get a 16 loci markers using more advance technology of 2018 as opposed to 1997.

2 new tests are also done,

Y-STR profile of the suspect’s DNA, based on his Y chromosome. With technological advances just in the past decade, Cormier got more testing with new technology, and got a larger DNA profile.

only males have Y chromosome

they should also obtain a Y-STR profile of the suspect’s DNA, compare it with known suspects including burke and john.

and forensic mitochondrial DNA

Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) has provided forensic scientists with a valuable tool for determining the source of DNA recovered from damaged, degraded, or very small biological samples. MtDNA is a small circular genome located in the mitochondria, which are located outside of a cell's nucleus.

Mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondrial DNA offers several benefits over nuclear DNA when determining phylogenetic pathways, including: Maternal inheritance – mtDNA is inherited from the mother only, providing a much more direct genetic lineage.

this DNA can determine maternal lineage.

all 3 types of DNA can help determine relatives of the suspect, family lineages.

Mitochondrial DNA. can help identify mothers and female relatives like grand mothers and aunts and sisters of the suspect

Y-STR profile of the suspect’s DNA can help identify male relatives such as fathers uncles and brothers

and nuclear genomic DNA can help esp if he has had relatives of either gender DNA in the system

notice that as a forensic scientist, i am approaching this crime using a forensic dna science approach,

what i don't do, is what RDI do which is to claim well the parents did it to cover up for their son, or the parents did it or the brother did it, who else writes such a long ransom note?

a suspect whose DNA matches all 3 types found on Jonbenet's clothing and underwear should be investigated and answer the question,

how did his DNA end up on JBR's clothing is there an innocent explanation or did it occur during the commission of the crim?

now, i did try to explain this to SD on crimeshots

I told SD to take off that RDI mask, you won't need it. that's what the RDI want you to believe.

this is what SD did

my thoughts on the 2018 new round of DNA testing on The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey Kylo-r11

What a Face

Back to top Go down