The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Very First Bible A.W. Mitchell the return of Marcion

Go down

The Very First Bible A.W. Mitchell  the return of Marcion Empty The Very First Bible A.W. Mitchell the return of Marcion

Post by redpill Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:45 pm

Fri Jan 29, 2021

on youtube i visit religion for breakfast,

here he discusses Marcion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXkqIW4EMRI&t=1s

one of the links was to this

The Very First Bible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNi9s4EHKWQ&t=2s

which has links to this

https://www.amazon.com/Very-First-Bible-Marcion-Sinope/dp/0578641593

https://www.theveryfirstbible.org/

as a kindergarten and first grade student I attended a Roman catholic school on weekdays, and on Sunday my parents took me to an evangelical church. one thing i noticed even in kindergarten was that the Catholic bible had several books not in the Evangelical NIV bible.

I was bullied and attacked by a bully there so after first grade I transferred and entered second grade in a public school. I prayed to god but god didn't do anything me.

around sixth grade i read the bible and i noticed there's a lot of killing in the Old Testament. is the god of the Old testament the same god as the god of the New testament? of course the church said so.

one reason it was kept was it contained prophecies that pointed to Jesus and proved Jesus was the jewish messiah.

Sometime in college i learned about Marcion, and I read some of Bart Ehrman's books, including Lost Christianities.

Dale Martin Yale courses on the New Testament are here

I watched all 27 lectures plus lectures and documentaries by Bart Ehrman and gnosticism.

I'm sympathetic to Marcion, but in terms of actual history, the Ebionites were closest to the historical Jesus. today's Messianic Jews are the closest to the Ebionites.

I actually downloaded the very first Bible and skimmed through it.

Marcion was indeed the first person we know who actually created the first Christian Bible, a closed canon. Jews did not call their sacred scripture the bible, they called it Torah. It was not until sometime in the 4th century with Athanaisus who listed the 27 books of the New Testament, with even several books like Revelation, James, Titus 2 Peter still being debated.

I skimmed though the apostolicon and evangelicon, based on Luke's gospel and Paul's letters.

https://www.theveryfirstbible.org/evangelion.html

it doesn't have the nativity narrative

some important Christian ideas like being born again are in the Gospel of John, which Marcion did not include for reasons unknown.

From a purely pragmatic view point, ditching the Old Testament is a good idea. a major reason many Christians leave christianity and becomes atheists is the Old Testament.

from the conflict with Darwin's theory of evolution to the genocidal atrocities,

The Very First Bible A.W. Mitchell  the return of Marcion 0291e410
The Very First Bible A.W. Mitchell  the return of Marcion 91552310

Hitler and the Nazi actually attempted this in what the called positive christianity for purely antisemtic reasons.

would this Marcionite church accept Jewish converts?

The Very First Bible A.W. Mitchell  the return of Marcion 000cb510
The Very First Bible A.W. Mitchell  the return of Marcion Hayden10

A.W. Mitchell serves as the Community Outreach Director for the Marcionite Christian Church and The Very First Bible website.

the pdf states he wants to establish it in the Dominican republic of all places. not in the USA even though everything is done in English, not Spanish.

one thing the website and youtube channel talks about is COVID, which i am not sure is relevant to religion.

websites like LDS

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/?lang=eng

make no mention of COVID, and i don't see how it is germane to getting closer to God through Jesus.

a kid growing up in the Marcionite church wouldn't read the nasty Old Testament, so that's one less reason to leave religion.

kids reading the Marcionite bible won't ask why there's so much killing in the bible, why God ordered the Amalkites eliminated

but in the real world,

bad things happen and prayer doesn't seem to work. my mom is dying of Alzheimer's and i don't believe prayer does anything.

here are pictures i took of my local swedenborg church

The Very First Bible A.W. Mitchell  the return of Marcion P1000510
The Very First Bible A.W. Mitchell  the return of Marcion P1000512
The Very First Bible A.W. Mitchell  the return of Marcion P1000511

i've visited every kind of christian church from methodist catholic presbyeterian, assemblies of god, evangelical churches, swedenborg, mormon, jehovah witness, Unity, Unitarian universalist, quaker, etc.

if there were a marciontie church down the block where i live i might visit it.

a marcionite church wouldn't have to answer questions for example about genesis versus the theory of evolution.

they probably would have to answer questions like why did my father die of cancer? if god is so loving why is there so much suffering?

everything of course depends on details. there are many ways to have a church services, and of course , anyone starting a "new" religion as A.W. Mitchell is doing have to deal with the cult issue.

i have seen the documentary the Vow and Seduced inside the NXIVM cult.

I do think its amazing that we have the messianic jews,there are several in my area, which is similar to the Ebionites. and now apparently Marcion is making a comeback via A.W. Mitchell.

i do think it's harder to start a new cult today, the Marcionite church has to deal with a less religious population, and at the same time, issues from LGBT to internet access to religion, to Christian fundamentalist apologetics, who will warn Christians to stay away from the Marcionite church.

i don't perform any miracles.

at the end of the day my mom is dying of Alzheimer's and i don't think any church can help. after all, Hitler killed 6 million Jews with no response from God.

whydoesn'tgodhealamputees is a pretty good website i think. sucks because praying is so easy but it never works.

but if i were to start my own religion, which i can't because i don't perform miracles, i'd follow the Marcionite church in ditching the old testament.

however, unlike Marcion, i'd combine not only the other 3 gospels minus references to Judaism, but I'd also add material from the Gospel of Thomas to Secret Book of James among other works into a single gospel, which would take up a lot of time i don't have, and copyright issues. I grew up on NIV bible.

I'd also had some gnostic works from the Odes of Solomon to Gospel of Truth from the Nag Hammadi library. I'd also add material from buddhist, taoist, Zen, and Christian and Sufi mystics as part of the "bible"

i wouldn't mention COVID on my website

not sure how I'd deal with LGBT issues, since my experience is with evangelical churches which don't accept LGBT, but they are very active, vibrant, with a large teenage youth group. the churches i know best that are vibrant are conservative and basically a safe space for cultural conservatives, not LGBT. oh and they are anti-abortion to.

I like to see pictures and videos of this Marcionite church that will be established sometime in the Dominican Republic. Can Jews and LGBT join? what about abortion? what about cultural conservatives? will there be gay weddings?

i did see this,

Marcionite Church Forbids RNA/DNA Vaccinations for Members
Jul 31, 2020
Subitis Medicinae edict on RNA/DNA vaccines extends for seven years; Nanovaccinology use also curtailed

obviously Marcion writing in the second century had nothing to say about RNA/DNA vaccines.

i plan to get a RNA/DNA vaccines for myself and my mother as soon as it is available. i don't see any connection between the two.

i see he has a reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarcioniteChurch/

mostly devoted to the idea of COVID and vaccine conspiracy. Suspect

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down