The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barnes and Nobles and Borders bookstores

3 posters

Go down

Barnes and Nobles and Borders bookstores  Empty Barnes and Nobles and Borders bookstores

Post by redpill Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:44 pm

Fri Jun 07, 2019

bounce

in the news,

Barnes & Noble sells to hedge fund Elliott for $475.8 million

Barnes and Nobles is going under and Borders bookstores has already died.

I have lots of memories of bookstores, from Barnes and Nobles and Borders bookstores to B Dalton, Crown, Books a million and others.

In the 1980s I bought ACT and SAT test prep and AP test prep section

later, I bought MCAT GRE and LSAT test prep books from Barnes and Nobles and Borders bookstores

Barnes and Nobles and Borders bookstores  Act-te10

there was also a section that had books like the Joy of Sex, and Penthouse letters and the bookstore was the only place that had such books, not my local library. in the 80s, and they also had, though shrink wrapped, Playboy Penthouse and Hustler magazines

In college I often studied at Barnes and Nobles and Borders bookstores, this is the 90s

I bought BeOS and installed it on my computer from Borders bookstore in the 90s.

There was a Barnes and Nobles and Borders bookstores very close to the beach, so after the beach I'd hit the bookstore.

once, there was one attractive girl at the bookstore i struck up a conversation and got her number.

if Barnes and Nobles goes i guess public libraries will be the only place to browse books.

Barnes and Nobles and Borders bookstores had true crime, and one book was PMPT on the shelf, and another was FBI John Douglass the cases that haunt us.

these bookstores now have D&D books, but in the 80s i went to Toys r US to get my DnD books.

in the mid 90s in the book store I saw GA Wells, Did Jesus Exist?, first time I was exposed to the idea that Jesus never existed, a claim refuted and debunked by actual historians of early Christianity like Bart Ehrman, using the historical method.

I also bought my copy of Allan Bloom's the Closing of the American Mind from one of those bookstores, along with Portable Nietzsche, books that had select writings of Frederich Nietzsche.

i didn't buy books on string theory but I did check them out at the local library.

I wonder how this impact college textbook bookstores, like a lot of college students i spent a lot of $$ on college textbooks and if lucky I could sell them back, though frequently editions change.

the college bookstores also sold computers and other stuff.

with the closing of Borders and Barnes and Nobles going out of business
and end of an era Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

Barnes and Nobles and Borders bookstores  Empty Re: Barnes and Nobles and Borders bookstores

Post by searchinGirl Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:28 pm

Now it's all about audible...the easy way to read.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Barnes and Nobles and Borders bookstores  Empty Re: Barnes and Nobles and Borders bookstores

Post by redpill Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:49 pm

searchinGirl wrote:Now it's all about audible...the easy way to read.

in high school i was in honors english and we had to read shakespeare's major plays hamlet king leer othello, over 4 years and in 80s i rented out on vcr his plays and watched it.

it realy made no impression but every english lit teach says shakespeare is the greatest.

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:27 pm

Ponder the fatal flaw.... I wish you would comment on my subreddit...  promise if you are nice and don’t use any profanity you will not be banned, I’ll work with you...

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:13 pm

searchinGirl wrote:Ponder the fatal flaw.... I wish you would comment on my subreddit...  promise if you are nice and don’t use any profanity you will not be banned, I’ll work with you...

i'm flattered Embarassed Embarassed

but yeah my last go around on reddit /jbr was rough, downvotes,this post received to many negative downvotes, post below threshold, reports to admin, message from admin banned forever

the prior admin said he read my posts said they were crap. cherry

anyhow hey where've u been, uve been gone from here along time, along with mmr.

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:27 am

I’ve been busy building a website. www.searchingirl.com

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:10 am

searchinGirl wrote:I’ve been busy building a website. www.searchingirl.com

i can see you're busy from moderating reddit /jbr to your website to coming here.

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderMysteryReader Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:50 pm

Not everyone likes the physical copies of books anymore. Too cumbersome to carry around and they already carry their smartphone with them. I think people like to combine activities and listen to a book while walking etc. I like to read books while on my elliptical and read The Great Gatsby E book. It has a see through book holder on it but it is kind of hard taking the book out to turn the pages and putting it back in. I would be reading other books that way too. On an e reader you can have a lot more books on it than you could carry around. Sam Wellers went out of business pretty much because of Barnes and Noble. Now it is Barnes and Noble's turn. Libraries are even considering renting out e books. Things always change in life depending on what most of the people want.

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:56 pm

MurderMysteryReader wrote:Not everyone likes the physical copies of books anymore. Too cumbersome to carry around and they already carry their smartphone with them. I think people like to combine activities and listen to a book while walking etc. I like to read books while on my elliptical and read The Great Gatsby E book. It has a see through book holder on it but it is kind of hard taking the book out to turn the pages and putting it back in. I would be reading other books that way too. On an e reader you can have a lot more books on it than you could carry around. Sam Wellers went out of business pretty much because of Barnes and Noble. Now it is Barnes and Noble's turn. Libraries are even considering renting out e books. Things always change in life depending on what most of the people want.

i read great gatsby Sleep i wish schools let us read what we wanted to read bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down