The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amy Coney Barrett for saying 'sexual preference,

Go down

Amy Coney Barrett for saying 'sexual preference, Empty Amy Coney Barrett for saying 'sexual preference,

Post by redpill Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:41 pm

Tue Oct 13, 2020

Barrett used "sexual preference" (not "sexual orientation") when discussing her views on marriage equality.

This is a dogwhistle. The term "sexual preference" is used by opponents of equality to suggest that being #LGBTQ is a choice.

#BlockBarrett #SCOTUSHearing

And Slate’s Mark Joseph Stern broke down why Barrett’s use of it was so concerning:

As Jesse Bering explained in 2013, the term is similar to other expressions, like “the gay lifestyle” or “avowed homosexual,” that were once common but are now considered offensive. These phrases play into the anti-gay canard that sexual minorities are not a discrete and insular minority deserving of constitutional protections but rather deviants who should not be rewarded for their aberrant sexuality.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/amy-coney-barrett-sexual-preference-term.html

"America’s the only nation in the world that when we’ve gone through a major crisis, we’ve almost always been able to come get through it and come out stronger. I’m hopeful," Biden said. "I’m going to need you if we win. I’m going to need you to help this time rebuild the backbone of this country, the middle class, but this time bring everybody along regardless of color, sexual preference, their backgrounds, whether they have any … Just bring everybody along. We can do this. We can, and I think the country’s ready."

joe biden

execute order 66

Back to top Go down