The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

heat wave is finally where I live

Go down

heat wave is finally where I live Empty heat wave is finally where I live

Post by redpill Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:02 pm

Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:43 pm

for the past several weeks I've been listening to the news, including the local weather report, of reports of a huge heat wave not only in the South West like Arizona where it is to be expected, but also in Washington State, Oregon, Vancouver, and California.

with the usual talks about global warming and even power outages. In the West this also has been talk about drought.

where I live it mostly has been upper 80s, warm to be sure, but tolerable.

well today it is upper 90s, over 95 and humid with heat index in the 100-100F in the afternoon.

Sad

and predictions for most of this week, then cooling off a bit next weekend, then heating back up again the following week.

the term the weatherman is using is "heat dome"

the ways I keep cool is I set my a/c to 86 F (!) during the day, but use lots of fans,

at night when i need to sleep i set it to 81 F plus fans.

I plan to leave my mother in the home as she has end stage dementia, last year in the summer of 2020, i would take her to the mall on days like today, with a mask of course for COVID prevention.

local swimming pools want $10 for adults pale plus the sun is extremely intense, i may get a sunburn without suntan lotion.

my mother dementia has deteriorated that i plan to leave her inside the home, 86F i think is survivable with fans.

all the curtains are closed.

sadly I don't live in a house that enjoys tree shade, which would really help save me energy costs. No

Back to top Go down