The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My solution to the debate of dark matter vs MOND in particle and astrophysics

Go down

My solution to the debate of dark matter vs MOND in particle and astrophysics Empty My solution to the debate of dark matter vs MOND in particle and astrophysics

Post by redpill Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:48 pm

in the spirit of Stephan Hawking,

I've read books and listen to debates in physics as a hobby interest.
One debate is between string theory vs loop quantum gravity.

another debate i'm addressing here is dark matter vs MOND

i've listen to astrophysics and particle physics gives the pro and cons of dark matter vs MOND

MOND actually explains galaxy rotation curves better than dark matter, which has problems such as cuspy halo problem and missing satellite galaxy problem.

My solution to the debate of dark matter vs MOND in particle and astrophysics

thus far the LHC and direct detection experiments found no evidence of new physics, no SUSY no WIMPS

LHC results is just standard model, no new weak scale physics

all the speculation regarding naturalness implies new physics at the weak scale to stabilize the higgs seems misguided.

starting with these objectives

1- most minimal modification of the standard model
2- building on MOND success
3- explaining dark matter success

Milgrom Stacy McGough et al, have provided strong observational evidence for MOND in a variety of galaxy systems, including low surface brightness galaxies, spiral galaxies etc.

Smolin Verlinde et al, have provided a tentative outline that MOND can be attributed to quantum gravitational effects in the deep IR

so in my theory, building on Milgrom and Smolin et al, MOND represents a quantum gravitational effect due to cosmological constant being small and positive.

what about dark matter successes in large scale structure, CMB, BAO weak gravitational lensing?

it can possibly be explained in terms of standard model physics.

the dark matter inferred from large scale structure gravity, weak gravitational lensing, etc, is in my theory the result of primordial black holes, baryonic dark matter including brown dwarfs dust, MACHOs etc,

there is a literature that assumes a new particle dark matter, which then rules out MACHOs primordial black holes etc, but in this framework we assume MOND. MACHOs and primordial black holes are then the "dark matter" used to explain large scale structure of the universe.

specifically, almost all of the dark matter isn't located inside individual galaxies, which in this framework is explained by MOND, it is located outside of galaxies and binds galaxies together gravitationally, and is also contributing to weak gravitational lensing, primordial black holes and MACHO, the products of Standard model baryonic physics.

acoustic peaks in the power spectrum of the CMB is one of the strongest evidence of "dark matter"

dark matter theorists assume this can only be explained as a particle outside the standard model, and obviously "refutes" MOND

BAO in CMB is the result of neutrons, tetraneutrons, neutrinos, strangelets, primordial black holes

neutrons are not stable in ordinary space but under extreme pressures such as a neutron star, neutrons are stable. tetraneutrons may be stable.

so MOND + "dark matter" where dark matter is attributed to standard model particles like neutrons, neutrinos strangelets, primordial black holes Neutronium

so dark matter can exist in MOND, provided the dark matter is black holes, neutrons, neutrinos strangelets, Neutronium which are all allowed under the standard model.

currently there are no experiments that establish dark matter and new unknown forces, except neutrino masses

this theory has to be revised by any experiments that show more particles or more forces obviously
which may or may not have good dark matter candidates

to summarize, my theory predictions

there is no non-standard model dark matter unless confirmed by experiment

there is no non-standard model dark matter within galaxies

galaxy rotation curves are explained as MOND, with MOND a QG effect in the deep IR due to the cosmological constant

dark matter that does exist and inferred from CMB acoustic peaks, is the result of standard model baryons, either neutrons, neutrinos, strangelets, or black holes.

weak gravitational lensing and large scale structure galaxy cluster dynamics is the result of black holes and MACHO's where gravity tails off according to MOND, its behavior changes as a phase shift below a certain acceleration

prediction neither LHC nor any future collider will produce new particles, direct detection experiments of dark matter will come up empty.

MOND as a modification of gravity (or possibly inertia) is "correct", the dark matter that exists are both primordial black holes and black holes that became so supermassive they swallowed up the entire galaxy at the big bang.

the total mass of black holes, as predicted by the CMB is on the order of 5 times baryon mass

the most minimal extension of physics that explains is that MOND is a QG effect in the deep IR, there is only the standard model extended to explain neutrino masses, and dark matter is simply black holes.

Back to top Go down