The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

throwback thursday lego sets and mr roger's neighborhood

Go down

throwback thursday lego sets and mr roger's neighborhood Empty throwback thursday lego sets and mr roger's neighborhood

Post by redpill Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Thu Jan 17, 2019

it's thursday

time for throwback thursday

as a toddler of the 70s my parents bought me toys and one toy i really liked was

lego's which in the 70s looked like this

throwback thursday lego sets and mr roger's neighborhood Bd40dc10

i had the house and neighborhood set.

no instruction manual, no specific things i could build them into.

but i also watched mr roger's neighborhood

throwback thursday lego sets and mr roger's neighborhood Mister10

and my lego set had pieces i could make a home with and one of my all time fav lego piece

throwback thursday lego sets and mr roger's neighborhood 714e9310

yes the lego tree.

i loved dotting my landscape with these lego trees. i was a lego tree hugger as a toddler.

i felt like godzilla with these trees.

wisconsin at the time had tall trees, not sure about now, and having a lego set that had trees made me feel warm and fuzy.

i go outside and i see these incredibly tall trees. then i have these legos and the trees fit in my toddler palms.
i thought it was magical. of course i know the trees i saw outside were not the same trees, the lego trees that i used to create lego.

i only have like 1 lego set with maybe a score of pieces so it wasn't like i could build highly elaborate constructions out of it. i had enough pieces for a small rectangular box like house and trees

as a kid i liked building these homes then destroying them like i saw godzilla do on tv.

once i reached kingergarten we moved, and part of the moving was throwing away toys including legos. they went straight in the trash.

i kinda forgot them until i saw this

The Hot New Asset Class Is Lego Sets

apparently legos are collectors items and worth a lot of money.

i actually own a lot of comic books and i never made any money from them, though they are far from mint. i actually read my comic books so they are in crappy condition

i'm not interested in legos now, but i seeing them reminds me of being a toddler.

throwback thursday

when i was a toddler

Back to top Go down