The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

guns and guns safety

2 posters

Go down

guns and guns safety  Empty guns and guns safety

Post by redpill Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:38 pm

Tue Mar 26, 2019

watching tv shows i see a lot of home invading bad guys,

of course you can be attacked anywhere at any time.

one issue is what gun to buy, and how do you store it safe from possible bad guys who might find it and use it on you.

in some tv shows, the spouse uses the gun on the husband/wife and claim a suicide or accident to collect life insurance.

i think that some sort of gun is probably a good idea for home self defense. i'm not sure if it is safe to store a gun in a car. if someone breaks into the car they have your gun. then you can be attacked as you attempt to enter the car.

if you have children there is a risk they may find the gun and harm themselves, a sibling or you

also in the news,

Haley McManus 15

Haley McManus 15 accidentally shot herself to death at a gun club in southeast Iowa. Sunday morning Mar 24, 2019 at Tri-State Gun Club

They found Haley McManus suffering from a single gunshot wound.

guns and guns safety  11441310
guns and guns safety  11441311
guns and guns safety  11441312
guns and guns safety  12497410

Lee County EMS Director Bill Young said the teenage girl was taken to Fort Madison Community Hospital and later to the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City.

The sheriff’s office said McManus died later at the hospital. Weber said she lived in Fort Madison.

The sheriff’s office said the incident happened during a practice session and is being treated as an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound. No crime or negligence is suspected.

one error, she was using a gun in a gun range and she made an error and shot herself killing herself. after 15 years of life, she's gone.

pretty sobering.

i can be clumsy and absent minded so it's not hard for me to make some error and it goes off killing me. Sad or someone in my home Sad

right now i have pepper spray. i don't keep it in the car as it gets hot over the summer.

using it inside a home may backfire i think.

i also think about how if i had a gun, should it be loaded or not?

should it be kept in a gun safe or not?

if there is a bad guy, doesn't loading it and removing it from a locked safe slow down, giving time to the bad guy?

but is having a loaded gun not inside a locked safe, a huge risk?

i know .22 has low recoil but it is usually only fatal if it hits a vital area.

there was a story of a woman who died when her young toddler son found her gun in her purse and accidentally shot and killed her.

your husband or wife might give your gun to a bad guy to have you killed, and make it look like a robbery gone wrong to collect life insurance money. or leave you for a romantic rival.

so many decisions to make. Suspect

Back to top Go down

guns and guns safety  Empty Re: guns and guns safety

Post by searchinGirl Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:36 pm

redpill wrote:Tue Mar 26, 2019

watching tv shows i see a lot of home invading bad guys, of course you can be attacked anywhere at any time.
one issue is what gun to buy, and how do you store it safe from possible bad guys who might find it and use it on you.

Whatever you buy, take it seriously. learn how to use it properly. know and follow all safety rules. I own a Ruger single-action .45 revolver with a simulated pearl grip and a blue tint finish, Old West Style. Cowgirl Quick-Draw. I have only ever shot wax bullets at a light on a target, but I think I'm capable of shooting an intruder and not killing him. It would certainly stun him. Hubby has a CCP and takes it very seriously. All guns are kept in a gun safe, except for the one he is using to defend himself which is always holstered, and kept close-by when he is sleeping. There are lots of rules and he had to take classes. He was in the Army and says it's like sentry duty ... never relinquish the responsibility.

in some tv shows, the spouse uses the gun on the husband/wife and claim a suicide or accident to collect life insurance.

Those are just the ones you see on TV that cause murder and mayhem. Most people don't live that way. Married people tend to love each other. Some people play games though, with their lives and with their guns.

i think that some sort of gun is probably a good idea for home self defense. i'm not sure if it is safe to store a gun in a car. if someone breaks into the car they have your gun. then you can be attacked as you attempt to enter the car.

I think a gun makes the most sense in preparing for self-defense. You don't really want to store a gun in your car. But there are rules for traveling too. keep it in a safe, locked bag, or close to you in a holster. be aware of it at all times.

if you have children there is a risk they may find the gun and harm themselves, a sibling or you

This is a risk. Take extra care in how you want to teach your children about firearms. Be responsible.

one error, she was using a gun in a gun range and she made an error and shot herself killing herself. after 15 years of life, she's gone.

do you know what the error she made was?

pretty sobering. i can be clumsy and absent minded so it's not hard for me to make some error and it goes off killing me. Sad or someone in my home Sad

Well, I know all about clumsy and absent minded behavior and I have a broken and repaired wrist to prove it. So, I guess I won't be shooting anytime soon. But I think it's quite an accomplishment to have typed out this post...

guns and guns safety  Wrist-11
guns and guns safety  Wrist-12

I hope this isn't too graphic for you. But i figured you being a forensic scientist you might appreciate my new technical arm. i don't know how to make the images smaller.

Last edited by searchinGirl on Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new way of typing)

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:05 am

hey thanks for writing. wow so much to comment on it would take me ages.

when you say what you see on tv, well i only watch shows based on real crimes Smile

i've seen the golden state killer joseph deangelo barge into a sleeping home with a flashlight into the eyes of victims and pointing a gun.

obviously if your gun is in a safe and needs to be loaded it's too late. Sad

i don't know how that 15 year old died, only that she shot herself at a gun range, i only know what the news reports say.

those x-rays are fascinating. that looks pretty awful. i hope you get better.

yeah i'm clumsey and i worried i might break my own wrist, but with a gun i'm worried about shotting and killing myself accidentally.

on ID they also feature spouses shooting their spouse to collect life insurance or they found a new lover. or both.

any thoughts on my atlanta child killer zodiac same handwriting?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down