The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aggravating lessons about windows 10 update BSOD

2 posters

Go down

aggravating lessons about windows 10 update BSOD Empty aggravating lessons about windows 10 update BSOD

Post by redpill Mon May 06, 2019 12:24 am

Today, I have 2 pc's, I'm using my second PC.

my other PC a windows 10 was attempting to install an update. okay. automatic update. okay.

well while it was installing my PC BSOD, blue screen of death.

okay.

well when it rebooted it starts then i get BSOD.

it repeats BSOD over and over again.

I attempted several trouble shooting

I tried safe boot, fails, BSOD

i can't restore because I didn't enable system protection

it won't let me fix start up repair.

can't undo updates bc it says installation in progress.

i attempted to reset, said fail.

it seems only option is to reinstall the original OS Sad

so lesson seems to be if your computer crashes while installing the update, unless you have backup which i didn't, your pc won't boot.

it starts booting and the screen shows up, then it bsod.

i looked at several forums for this but i couldn't find this exact problem. Sad

Back to top Go down

aggravating lessons about windows 10 update BSOD Empty Re: aggravating lessons about windows 10 update BSOD

Post by searchinGirl Mon May 06, 2019 11:14 am

Did you figure it out?

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

aggravating lessons about windows 10 update BSOD Empty Re: aggravating lessons about windows 10 update BSOD

Post by redpill Mon May 06, 2019 1:53 pm

searchinGirl wrote:Did you figure it out?

no, when i have the time i may go the nuclear option,

format the hard drive reinstall windows No

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sat May 18, 2019 10:14 pm

searchinGirl wrote:Did you figure it out?

yes, sort of

this is the problem

Windows 10 Won't Boot When Using System Restore After Updating

Microsoft says that a known issue will block Windows 10 from booting after trying to restore the system to a restore point created before installing a Windows 10 update.

The issue affects all Windows machines where system protection is turned on and a system restore point has been created prior to installing one or more Windows 10 updates.

When users try to restore the system after the Windows 10 updates have finished installing, the system will not be restored and, instead, "the computer experiences a Stop error (0xc000021a)" and, after restarting the computer, the system will not be able to return to the Windows desktop.

According to Microsoft's support document, this is a known Windows 10 issue and it happens because:

During the system restore process, Windows temporarily stages the restoration of files that are in use. It then saves the information in the registry. When the computer restarts, it completes the staged operation.

In this situation, Windows restores the catalog files and stages the driver .sys files to be restored when the computer restarts. However, when the computer restarts, Windows loads the existing drivers before it restores the later versions of the drivers. Because the driver versions do not match the versions of the restored catalog files, the restart process stops.
Failed restart recovery

Redmond provides a procedure that can be followed to recover from the failed restart caused by this known issue which requires users to enter the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE or WinRE) by restarting the computer again after the failure.

To be able to circumvent the restart failures caused by this known issue, users may have to either restart two times in a row or use a hardware restart switch.

Once the Windows Recovery Environment is on the screen, follow these steps:

Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > More recovery options > Startup settings, and then select Restart now.
In the list of startup settings, select Disable driver signature enforcement. (Note: You may have to use the F7 key to select this setting.)
Allow the startup process to continue. As Windows restarts, the system restore process should resume and finish.

Following the steps listed above will allow users to restore the computer to the restore point chosen before the Stop error (0xc000021a) was triggered.
Avoiding failed restarts

In order to start the System Restore wizard on computers affected by the restart crashes caused by failed system restores, users have to use WinRE instead of the Settings dialog box.

To be able to start this process from the Windows desktop, follow this procedure:

Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery.
Under Advanced options, select Restart now.
After WinRE starts, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System restore.
Enter your recovery key as it is shown on the screen, and then follow the instructions in the System Restore wizard.

Related Articles:

ref https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-wont-boot-when-using-system-restore-after-updating/

this sort of thing is what happened

what i did is that i cloned via minitool shadow maker

my second computer to the broken one and so i have an exact clone of 2 computers and this worked

affraid

i only know how to use winodws not macs but yeah it's aggravating. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sat May 18, 2019 10:37 pm

Wow. This sounds like a major headache. I’m glad for you that you figured it out. But it seems like you lost the data on one computer? And now you have two that can serve as backups for the other?

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sat May 18, 2019 10:42 pm

searchinGirl wrote:Wow. This sounds like a major headache. I’m glad for you that you figured it out. But it seems like you lost the data on one computer? And now you have two that can serve as backups for the other?

hi,
yeah you are correct, i did lose data on that computer. oh well, such is life.

i built 2 pc's in my home that are identical, and when 1 failed i used the other as a backup.

i don't use macs bc i prefer building my pc from parts from ebay

and installing mac os on a pc is quite difficult and involved.

i've mused about linux but for now i'm focused on other things.

how have you been doing?

do you use mac or pc/windows?

are you going to be around more?

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sat May 18, 2019 11:01 pm

Ive always used PCs personally but when I worked for MCI/WorldCom I worked on a Sun Microsystem with Unix and Oracle. I know enough to be a little dangerous. Here at home, I’ve had a network up and running for 16 years now after looking up how to wire a cat5 connection.

I come by more often than I comment. Plus my arm still gets sore a bit. I’ve been researching Shambhala as a cult lately since they are prosecuting a former instructor for sexual assault on a minor. I think it’s so possible the intruder came from that community or Naropa. Lots of stories of abuse there.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sat May 18, 2019 11:08 pm

searchinGirl wrote:Ive always used PCs personally but when I worked for MCI/WorldCom I worked on a Sun Microsystem with Unix and Oracle. I know enough to be a little dangerous. Here at home, I’ve had a network up and running for 16 years now after looking up how to wire a cat5 connection.

I come by more often than I comment. Plus my arm still gets sore a bit. I’ve been researching Shambhala as a cult lately since they are prosecuting a former instructor for sexual assault on a minor. I think it’s so possible the intruder came from that community or Naropa. Lots of stories of abuse there.

not only do i use pc but i like building them. i like getting parts by mail from ebay or newegg or visiting the microcenter

so you are using a wired cat5 instead of wireless? i use wireless n currently. looking at ac.

oh ok. tbh i don't see much about shambala in this. an old idi poster named holdontoyourhat promoted the idea that north korean dictator sent his agents to abduct jonbenet to be his child bride. i'm kinda meh on that, but it did get me to consider home invading pedo's from australia like mr cruel

i did watch paranormal caught on tape and in search of monsters and ancient aliens,

all 3 shows talk about shambala as this mystical place. wouldn't mind having my mom sent there to restore her.

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sat May 18, 2019 11:56 pm

Shambhala is a mystical place, but in Boulder it’s a new age religion created by Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche and later passed down to his son. Rinpoche also founded Naropa University with Allen Ginsberg. I don’t know how many Buddhists in town are sadists but due to a large number of martial artist warriors that practice eastern philosophy I think it’s a possibility. Currently Boulder is prosecuting a former Shambhala teacher for sexually assaulting a ten yr old girl whom he had spending overnights with him while he mentored her. He went to her room while his wife was sleeping and performed oral sex on her. Only later did she realize it was really wrong. She is a woman in her twenties now.

I found a website called FACT that was started by a father who lost his daughter to suicide after she took up with a renowned naropa dancer. He just recently in April won a wrongful death lawsuit against the guy. And there are testimonials and other websites from victims that are really pissed off about being indoctrinated Dharma Brats.

We have wireless too. The wired connection is faster.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sun May 19, 2019 12:05 am

searchinGirl wrote:Shambhala is a mystical place, but in Boulder it’s a new age religion created by Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche and later passed down to his son. Rinpoche also founded Naropa University with Allen Ginsberg. I don’t know how many Buddhists in town are sadists but due to a large number of martial artist warriors that practice eastern philosophy I think it’s a possibility. Currently Boulder is prosecuting a former Shambhala teacher for sexually assaulting a ten yr old girl whom he had spending overnights with him while he mentored her. He went to her room while his wife was sleeping and performed oral sex on her. Only later did she realize it was really wrong. She is a woman in her twenties now.

I found a website called FACT that was started by a father who lost his daughter to suicide after she took up with a renowned naropa dancer. He just recently in April won a wrongful death lawsuit against the guy. And there are testimonials and other websites from victims that are really pissed off about being indoctrinated Dharma Brats.

We have wireless too. The wired connection is faster.

i see. yeah i saw that they speculate yetis are guarding shambahala and that yetis travel through he world through portals

i don't see how this connects to JBR

though if it makes you feel better Mama2JMLcompletely and totally rejected my mr cruel theory and said she has no faith my theory and doesnt think he was involved at all.

i know ur online but i'm heading off to bed soon Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sun May 19, 2019 12:06 am

Have a good night.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sun May 19, 2019 12:14 am

searchinGirl wrote:Have a good night.

u2

so ur theory is someone w/ shambhala in boulder decided to kill jbr?

why call themselves a small foreign faction?

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sun May 19, 2019 12:25 am

Well, they might consider themselves international. But Whitson and Smit refer to some studies that say ligature strangulation is almost always committed by a lone male perp, so I don’t know if it was more than one. The Ransom Note is a fantasy. I think the perp was on drugs.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sun May 19, 2019 12:29 am

searchinGirl wrote:Well, they might consider themselves international. But Whitson and Smit refer to some studies that say ligature strangulation is almost always committed by a lone male perp, so I don’t know if it was more than one. The Ransom Note is a fantasy. I think the perp was on drugs.

you got me interested in writing about the ransom note

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down