The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dominican Republic resort travel warning

2 posters

Go down

Dominican Republic resort travel warning Empty Dominican Republic resort travel warning

Post by redpill Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:44 am

Wed Jun 05, 2019

in my news feed,

Pennsylvania Woman Died at Same Dominican Republic Hotel 5 Days Before Engaged Couple Found Dead

Miranda Schaup-Werner had just enjoyed a drink from the minibar in her hotel room when she suddenly collapsed and died on May 25 2019

For the second time in less than a week, another American was found dead inside of a Dominican Republic hotel.

Shortly after arriving on the Caribbean island on May 25, Miranda Schaup-Werner collapsed and died in her hotel room at Bahia Principe Hotel in La Romana, Fox News reports.

The Allentown, Pennsylvania psychotherapist, 41, had just checked into her room with husband Daniel Werner and was looking forward to a relaxing trip to celebrate their 9th wedding anniversary, but the couple sadly never got the chance to do so.

Now, Miranda’s family are searching for answers as just five days after her sudden death, an engaged couple from Maryland were found dead in their room at the same hotel.

“Daniel and all of us are in a state of disbelief, we are shocked. She was perfectly content, everything seemed fine,” Jay McDonald, Daniel’s brother-in-law, told Fox News. “It was, at first, a little confusing that there was such a strong parallel… it immediately caused serious concern for us.”

Speaking to the outlet, McDonald said Miranda and Daniel planned to spend five days in the Dominican Republic and seemed to be pleased by the island and resort from the minute they arrived.

An American woman died of respiratory failure in her Dominican Republic hotel room days before a Maryland couple was found dead of the same cause at the same resort, a hotel staff member told ABC News.

Miranda Schaupp-Werner was found dead at the Grand Bahía Príncipe hotel in La Romana on May 25 -- five days before Edward Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, were found dead in their hotel room.

Schaupp-Werner, 41, "died suddenly and inexplicably in her hotel room...after arriving and having a drink from the in-room mini-bar," family spokesperson, Jay McDonald, said in a statement to ABC News. She was healthy before she died, McDonald said. She had arrived in the Dominican Republic the day she died, McDonald added.

Her husband, Daniel Werner, was with her when she began experiencing physical distress and collapsed, McDonald said.
(MORE: American couple dies in Dominican Republic hotel of respiratory failure: Officials)

Schaup-Werner died of respiratory failure and pulmonary edema, according to the hotel. An autopsy performed on the couple determined that they died of the same causes, according to the Dominican Republic National Police

so apparently 3 american tourists visited a hotel in the Dominican Republic part of the Caribean, all 3 experienced physical distress and collapsed died respiratory failure

so if you or i vacation in Dominican Republic, will you or i experience physical distress and collapsed died respiratory failure
? pale pale pale

i imagine they'll do a scientific work up autopsy.

could be poisoning, or virus or something worse. i'd think virus is the most concerning bc what if it spreads?

Back to top Go down

Dominican Republic resort travel warning Empty Re: Dominican Republic resort travel warning

Post by MurderMysteryReader Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:22 pm

A doctor I listened to thinks these people were poisoned. Arsenic is one he mentioned. In one case the glass was not checked out for traces of aresenic or some other poisonous substance. Perhaps travelers will think twice about taking a vacation to the Dominican Republic until it is safer to go there.

Back to top Go down

Dominican Republic resort travel warning Empty Re: Dominican Republic resort travel warning

Post by redpill Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:56 pm

MurderMysteryReader wrote:A doctor I listened to thinks these people were poisoned. Arsenic is one he mentioned. In one case the glass was not checked out for traces of aresenic or some other poisonous substance. Perhaps travelers will think twice about taking a vacation to the Dominican Republic until it is safer to go there.

that's reassuring pale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down