The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I finished watching Star Trek Discovery *spoiler warning*

Go down

I finished watching Star Trek Discovery *spoiler warning* Empty I finished watching Star Trek Discovery *spoiler warning*

Post by redpill Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:57 pm

Sun Jul 28, 2019

*spoiler warning*

this post contains mild spoilers to Star Trek Discovery

I just finished watching every episode of season 1 and 2, 29 episodes in total.

as far as aethetics and production values, I think it far surpasses even Star Wars.

each episode to me is like watching a $100 million budget movie in some ways.

I really like the way they presented the Discovery and the bridge and the lights and all the special effects.

I wasn't sure if I was seeing a digital CGI or stage props but it's well done.

it was for me an enjoyable ride, just seeing the special effects was for me awe inspiring.

I enjoy lightsaber combat most and discussions of the Force, which means star wars, but apart from that, I think Star Trek looks better than Star Wars. The planets and the bridge looks more futuristic and pleasing than non-Jedi-sith Star Wars.

I like the looks of the Star Trek Discovery bridge and computer interface better than even Force Awakens and TLJ.

as for the actual show uh.....

it should be called Star Trek Michael Burnham

since the show is entirely about her, and in my opinion she's like Rey a Mary Sue. She does everything perfectly the first try and never has any difficulties of any kind.

my thought on what this show was about changed literally every 10 minutes.

when they introduced Michael Burnham with Sylvia Tilly I thought that this was a kind of reality show on a fictional show.

Sylvia Tilly is the only character that is sort of normal like. everyone else it's hard to relate to.

in terms of suspension of disbelief, they introduced the idea of using universe wide fungus, like mushrooms, and travelling through mushrooms via spores.

and that one guy Paul Stamets injected himself with tardigrade DNA resulting in an ability to interface with this fungus and thus faster than light travel.

one thing i did find shocking was when they enter the mirror universe they spoke of the Terran emperor.

I kept thinking of Star Wars Emperor but it ended up being Michelle Yeoh LOL.

once change i notice is in the second season, they battled ship to ship similar to xwings vs tie fighters in star wars.

I'm not sure if i understood the show well. i saw it once through and I enjoyed what they presented. I do think they had pretty good creative minds on the stage props.

Watching it I don't think i can ever re-watch the original star trek, or TNG or voyager, it looks awful.

i actually regard star wars of course dated to put it mildly. George Lucas used 90s era CGI and he thought it would look great but by now it looks terrible and dated in the prequel trilogy.

at this point my memories of star trek are fading, as i saw the original Star Trek with captain kirk and spock in the 1970s. that's a long time ago. and with the new special effects, I can't bring myself to watch the old stuff.

i recall vaguely the episode of tribbles, and i also recall the serial killer episode where a jack the ripper was a spirit that possessed people.

as a sign of the change in times, Discovery has a homosexual couple who are married in real life, Paul Stamets and Hugh Culber and a lesbian engineer.

some critics felt Star Trek went SJW, promoting homosexuality rather then telling a good story.

i'm not a kid anymore and this isn't the 1970s, but i recall the original star trek to wrestle with philosophical issues, though the special effects were horrendous that made it interesting for me.

today Discovery promotes homosexual love, awesome special effects, nice 1080p resolution and picture quality and audio, but soulless for me.

of course I'm watching this as an adult my childhood sense of wonder is gone.

I do plan to watch Season 3 and Picard of star trek.

I hope Star Wars re-boots the franchise and use Star Trek like special effects and improvements. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down