The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the effort to identify one Jane Doe

Go down

the effort to identify one Jane Doe Empty the effort to identify one Jane Doe

Post by redpill Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:24 pm

Thu Jun 21, 2018

long time readers of my blog are familiar with my effort to identify Dana Point Jane Doe as Holly Jo Glynn.

Today I visit listverse

Top 10 Grim Cold Cases With Recent Twists And Turns

7 The Little Martyr Of The A10

That was the nickname used by French media to refer to a child who was murdered and dumped by the highway near the city of Blois. Police called her Inass. She remained unidentified for almost 30 years. Now, not only do we know who she was, but we might also see justice brought to the killers—her parents.Still unnamed in the media, the girl was born in Casablanca in 1983. She would have been four years old when her body was discovered covered in a blanket in a ditch along the A10 motorway. She bore signs of gruesome abuse, including broken bones, burns, and even human bite marks. Her murder sparked one of the biggest investigations in the history of France. More than 65,000 schools and 6,000 pediatricians were consulted to try to obtain the victim’s name. It all went nowhere, and the case was declared unsolved in 1997. Even so, her DNA was added to the national database in 2008, but no matches were found. This changed in 2016, when a man with matching DNA was arrested for an unrelated offense. He turned out to be Inass’s brother.[4]Police attention turned to their parents, Ahmed and Halima Touloub. Separated in 2010, each one pointed at the other as the violent one who abused the children. Both were arrested in June 2018.
ref http://listverse.com/2018/06/21/top-10-grim-cold-cases-with-recent-twists-and-turns/

What I find fascinating is the effort they went

Her murder sparked one of the biggest investigations in the history of France. More than 65,000 schools and 6,000 pediatricians were consulted to try to obtain the victim’s name. It all went nowhere, and the case was declared unsolved in 1997.

65,000 schools and 6,000 pediatricians

wow! that's a lot of schools and pediatricians

this effort reminds me of Walker County Jane Doe

Along interstate 45, the girl was seen at the Hitch 'n' Post truck stop. After arriving, she requested directions to the prison, claiming a "friend" was there and the witness drew a map to the location.[9] The waitress said that she suspected the girl was a possible runaway, and that she said she was from Rockport or Aransas Pass, Texas. The victim claimed to be 19 years old; when the waitress expressed doubts and asked if the victim's parents knew where she was, the girl replied, "Who cares?"[11][12][13]

FBI agents actually went to every single elementary and junior and high school in the Rockport or Aransas Pass, Texas, spoke to teachers and principals AND went through class photos in an attempt to identify her, they asked if they noticed any student was missing

no success.

How she was identified

Even so, her DNA was added to the national database in 2008, but no matches were found. This changed in 2016, when a man with matching DNA was arrested for an unrelated offense. He turned out to be Inass’s brother.

this is similar to GSK

in theory every jane and john doe with DNA could be identified via familial search i think.

there's a whole community of sleuthers on websleuth and others who work to try to identify jane and john does.

there are many sites in english in USA and canada.

this one was in France, presumably it was written in french.

i've not found very many in Australia or New Zealand.

to give you an idea of how extensive the search is,

several Jane Does in the USA were proposed to be connected to missing persons in Australia (!)

i of course have suggested that Jonbenet's killer is Australia's Mr. Cruel.

other sleuthers have proposed jane does found here in the USA were from missing persons list from Australia.

Back to top Go down