The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my second computer was the mac classic 2

Go down

my second computer was the mac classic 2   Empty my second computer was the mac classic 2

Post by redpill Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:35 am

Sat Sep 15, 2018

i was able to sell my 8088 tandy 1000sx with cm-11 monitor using a local news group and sold it to a local buyer, this buyer literally showed up in my residence with a car, handed me cash and i handed over the equipment around 1994.

its now selling for quite a bit on ebay now, in 2018

on the local dial in groups, and this was before the widespread use of web browsers i was able to find and purchase a mac classic 2, for only like $350

so in effect i was able to trade a tandy 1000sx with an 8088 and monitor for a much more advance classic 2

my second computer was the mac classic 2   2009-010

The Macintosh Classic II (also sold as the Performa 200) is a personal computer designed, manufactured and sold by Apple Computer, Inc. from October 1991 to September 1993. Like the Macintosh SE/30 it replaces, the Classic II was powered by a 16 MHz Motorola 68030 CPU and 40 or 80 MB hard disk, but in contrast to its predecessor, it was limited by a 16-bit data bus (the SE/30 had a 32-bit data bus) and a 10 MB memory ceiling. The slower data bus resulted in the Classic II being 30% slower than the SE/30.[1]

While the Classic II shares a case with the earlier Classic, architecturally it is more similar to the Macintosh LC. The use of custom ICs, identical to those used in the LC, enabled the Classic II to have a lower component count than older Macs. Unlike the LC and the SE/30 before it, the Classic II does not have an internal Processor Direct Slot, making it the first slotless desktop Macintosh since the Macintosh Plus.

one thing i discovered is that it was not like the mac se/30

it would not be able to expand like the se/30. also getting software for it was a bit more of a challenge though i did get word for mac 5.1

it was monochrome and had a GUI but it was slow. in those days macs were often sold without keyboard and mouse but i got that included.

i also got a modem and dial in

prior to buying it, i had used DOS and some windows at the computer lab, but the apple was considered the best and most user friendly you can buy.

i mean it worked, but it was slow and black and white. i couldn't do a whole lot with it. i eventually sold it and got $400 for it.

so in effect i got it for "free".

the one thing i remember most about it apart from that it was not upgradeable and slow

was screensaver after dark

my second computer was the mac classic 2   Hqdefa65

Back to top Go down