The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gerry Rodgers "WHO REALLY KILLED JONBENET RAMSEY?" vs the power of the daubert side of the Forensics

Go down

Gerry Rodgers "WHO REALLY KILLED JONBENET RAMSEY?" vs the power of the daubert side of the Forensics Empty Gerry Rodgers "WHO REALLY KILLED JONBENET RAMSEY?" vs the power of the daubert side of the Forensics

Post by redpill Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:00 am

Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:51 pm

i was researching The Unsolved Murder of Lindsay Buziak when i found

this person,

Gerry Rodgers "WHO REALLY KILLED JONBENET RAMSEY?"

I’m a retired Royal Canadian Mounted Police homicide detective and forensic coroner. I also served as a sniper on British SAS-trained Emergency Response Teams, so I’ve got a bit of experience around life and death. Now I’m an Amazon Best-Selling Investigative Crime Writer and Blogger here and with The HuffPost. I want to provoke your thoughts and I’d like to help you with your writing. So write back to me in Vancouver, Canada. I’m dying to hear your words!

he writes

To this day, the smoking gun in JonBenet’s homicide is the alleged ransom note.

If the note is legitimate, then it’s a kidnapping that went sideways. If it’s fraudulent, it’s a murder staged to look like a kidnapping. Regardless, there’s no doubt the note’s author is responsible for killing JonBenet and it’s within the note where the killer reveals their true identity.

Third—what does the science of statement analysis tell us? It’s here where the killer’s identity is revealed.

The first thing that comes to my mind when reading the note is that it’s nonsense.

“I advise you not to provoke them” and “I advise you to be rested” are passive statements and reflect a feminine touch.
Four times the writer uses the phrase “she dies.” If JonBenet was still alive when the note was written, the author would likely use the term “she will die”. This indicates the writer knew JonBenet was already dead.
The note’s address changes from “Mr. Ramsey” being used once to “John” being repeated three times. This is far too familiar for an unknown kidnapper and strongly indicates the writer knew John Ramsey personally.
The closing terms “Victory!” and “S.B.T.C” appear cryptic and of some personal, religious significance to the writer.

A principle behind the science of statement analysis is that truthful people rarely use synonyms. They remain consistent in language whereas deceitful people change language and weave in synonyms to distract. Another principle is that people expose their psychological profile in their writing.

So what does the JonBenet Ramsay note say about the author?

It’s clearly a deceitful attempt to distort the facts, using unrealistic, bizarre, and unbelievable demands to shift attention from the reality of the situation. It’s apparently written by a woman of higher education, with a religious background, familiar with John Ramsey, who can’t bear to bring JonBenet’s name into the equation, yet cryptically reveals a personal message.

A47It’s written in characters that can’t be eliminated from Patsy Ramsey’s known handwriting and it was written with a Sharpie pen and foolscap paper found in her home—the home in which JonBenet was murdered and who’s body was stashed on the cold basement floor.
Patsy Ramsey denied culpability until her death but denials are cheaper than a thrift store suit. A look at her psychological profile is telling.

A48Patsy Ramsay was a beauty queen, herself—crowned Miss West Virginia in 1977. She graduated from university with a B.A. in journalism and was a devout member of the Episcopalian church and a wealthy socialite in her community. Perversely, she flaunted an air of modest integrity while flogging every chance to sexually exploit her six-year-old daughter in front of every pageant and camera she could find.

Patsy Ramsey was an educated, articulate, and calculating woman. She was also very religious.

It’s in the Bible where the key to the ransom note’s lock is hidden.

The terms “watching over” and “and hence” are consistent with a religious mindset and they are known to be used in the Ramsey family Christmas message which Patsy wrote the year after JonBenet’s death.

http://dyingwords.net/who-really-killed-jonbenet-ramsey/

wow, sounds damning

his analysis sounds like a plagiarized cut and paste of Mark McLish statement analsyis

the criteria to evaluate experts is the Daubert standard, or what i call power of the daubert side of the Forensics

The Court defined "scientific methodology" as the process of formulating hypotheses and then conducting experiments to prove or falsify the hypothesis, and provided a set of illustrative factors (i.e., not a "test") in determining whether these criteria are met:

Whether the theory or technique employed by the expert is generally accepted in the scientific community;
Whether it has been subjected to peer review and publication;
Whether it can be and has been tested;
Whether the known or potential rate of error is acceptable; and
Whether the research was conducted independent of the particular litigation or dependent on an intention to provide the proposed testimony.[4]

with that in mind a simple visit to wikipedia and skeptic dictionary on Statement analysis

Statement analysis, also called investigative discourse analysis and scientific content analysis (SCAN), is a technique for analyzing the words people use to try to determine if what they said is accurate. Proponents claim this technique can be used to detect concealed information, missing information, and whether the information that person has provided is true or false.[1][2][3]

critics argue that it has not been subjected to objective analysis, with most of the studies failing to have used any outside criteria to confirm whether the statements were actually true or false. As it has not been proven experimentally and is generally unaccepted by courts, skeptics call it an example of pseudoscience.

Aldert Vrij, one of the leading authorities on detection of deception (DOD) techniques, points out that most studies of the technique did not rely on the ground truth being established and thus examiners could not be certain if "examinees were actually telling the truth or lying".[10] He also notes that there is no standardization among the different methods of analysis and this "implies that much depends on the subjective interpretation and skill of the individual" performing the analysis. Vrij attributes this to an absence of theoretical underpinning behind SCAN/statement analysis.[10] Vrij characterizes SCAN/statement analysis as weaker than CBCA because SCAN/statement analysis lacks "a set of cohesive criteria", being instead "a list of individual criteria".[10] Vrij argues that SCAN/statement analysis is best used as a technique to guide investigative interviews rather than as a "lie detection tool".[11]

Critics argue that the technique encourages investigators to prejudge a suspect as deceptive and affirm a presumption of guilt before the interrogation process has even begun. Statement analysis in general has been criticized as "theoretically vague" with little or no empirical evidence in its favor, and SCAN in particular has been characterized as "junk science"[1] with the Skeptic's Dictionary and Skeptical Inquirer magazine[12] classifying it as a form of pseudoscience.[2]

a simple trip to wikipedia and skeptic dictionary shows there is no scientific basis for "statement analysis" and therefore this guy's claims that Patsy wrote the note has no scientific basis.

it's bullshit.

this is the power of the daubert side of the Forensics. the power to save Jonbenet from rdi bullshit.

i have serious doubts about some of his claims on Lindsay Buziak.

Back to top Go down