The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"JonBenet Ramsey: Forensic Scientist Thinks Re-Examining DNA With Modern Technology Is ‘Worth It"

Go down

"JonBenet Ramsey: Forensic Scientist Thinks Re-Examining DNA With Modern Technology Is ‘Worth It" Empty "JonBenet Ramsey: Forensic Scientist Thinks Re-Examining DNA With Modern Technology Is ‘Worth It"

Post by redpill Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:48 pm

Tue Mar 10, 2020

i found this article

JonBenet Ramsey: Forensic Scientist Thinks Re-Examining DNA With Modern Technology Is ‘Worth It’
By Us Weekly Staff
March 9, 2020

DNA has come a long way since JonBenét Ramsey’s death, and her family is hopeful that advances in technology can help solve the cold case nearly two decades later.

In episode 11 of “The Killing of JonBenét: The Final Suspects,” the late child beauty queen’s half-brother, John Andrew Ramsey, meets with forensic scientist Richard Eikelenboom to understand how DNA evidence could help track down the person who killed JonBenét in December 1996.

“Of course, it’s a lot of work,” Eikelenboom says. “But, yeah, this case, I think with all the commotion, it’s worth it to do this kind of work and put a couple police officers on it … [and] redo all the DNA.”

That said, Eikelenboom has “no doubt” in his mind that the Ramsey case can still be solved.

“The state of Colorado is very dry, which is extremely good for your DNA,” he says. “Even if they didn’t store it in very good conditions — which I cannot imagine, but let’s assume they didn’t — the normal air conditions are very dry there, which means that’s good for your DNA.”

ref https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jonbenet-ramsey-scientist-thinks-re-examining-dna-is-worth-it/

in 2018 there was retesting done, and perhaps more tests can be done in 2020 to clarify the results.

there's a huge gulf in how RDI approach this case, with feelings and emotions, and IDI using latests advances in DNA science. drunken

Back to top Go down