The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What evidence supports the Intruder Theory in the JBR case?

Go down

What evidence supports the Intruder Theory in the JBR case? Empty What evidence supports the Intruder Theory in the JBR case?

Post by redpill Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:45 pm

Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:39 pm

i found this on reddit

What evidence supports the Intruder Theory in the JBR case?

I'm currently reading through Foreign Faction by James Kolar (I'm only 100 pages in) and the idea of an intruder - or intruders - committing the murder of JonBenét Ramsey seems absurd to me for a number of reasons: Someone - or multiple people - manage to break into the home despite no evidence of forced entry (the smashed window in the basement occurred the previous summer when John accidentally locked himself out and had to get back in).

Yet they manage to break in and navigate around this maze of a home. They have enough time to start two practice notes on Patsy’s notepad before writing a full-fledged three-page ransom note - a note that most analysts believe was undeniably written by Patsy.

They then stun gun JBR - who doesn’t scream in agony, just immediately passes out (which doesn’t seem very likely). She wakes up and they feed her a single piece of pineapple before hitting her over the head with a blunt object, thinking they killed her.

They spend some considerable time with her body before crafting a garrote and strangling her to death. Here’s the thing: why would any adult need a garrote to strangle an unconscious 6-year-old girl? They then inserted the remnants of the paintbrush (from which the garrote was made) into her vagina before leaving.

I just don't see it but I am open mind and eager to hear alternative viewpoints, so I would love to hear any counter points to what I posted above! Thanks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/mhgm24/what_evidence_supports_the_intruder_theory_in_the/

no mention of DNA, ransom note, multiple types of trace evidence, fiber hair, tape, ligature, shoe print

lol!

DBCooperSkydiver
49 minutes ago

The note is the key to the entire thing. It clearly was NOT a kidnapping for ransom, yet someone tried to make it look like it was. I remember in my basic detective class, a profiler taught us that, whenever a perpetrator attempts to alter the appearance of a crime scene to make it look like something it isn't, you must immediately look to those closest to the victim for your suspects. A stranger wouldn't have given a shit about what people thought, and taken the enormous risk of the time it took to write that note. .

and what is the scientific status of profiling?

Sleep

iseedoubleu
46 minutes ago

For me it’s the note and the pineapple in her system.
Vote

are there crimes with handwritten messages and murder victims at the crime scene?

level 1
throwaway9274824
1 hour ago

And why, if they had enough time to write that ransom novella did they not have enough time to remove Jonbenet? So many questions, no answers that point to an intruder
Vote

are there no crimes where an intruder murders a victim, leaves a handwritten message, and leaves the victim in the home?

Rolling Eyes

level 1
Cmyers1980
1 hour ago
· edited 58 minutes ago

They have enough time to start two practice notes on Patsy’s notepad before writing a full-fledged three-page ransom note - a note that most analysts believe was undeniably written by Patsy.

I remember reading that the Ramsey case was the only recorded case of a “kidnapper” writing the ransom note (let alone multiple) at the scene of the crime and then killing the person they intended to kidnap at the same location which lends credence to the idea that it wasn’t an intruder at all. Here’s a great thread about the ransom note and the numerous issues with it.

oh really? ever heard of the Daubert standard?

catgiraffe86
1 hour ago

Nothing I know of. I think maybe there’s unknown DNA on her underwear but I don’t think it’s important

never heard of cases that were solved with touch DNA, as well as cases solved with forensic genealogy?

cat

Motherlicka
18 minutes ago

As ridiculous as an intruder sounds, I'd take it over the absurdly unfounded Burke accusations. I think the person responsible is the one who prepared the milk and pineapple, tea, was wearing the same clothes as the day before, and wrote the ransom note. The one who called 911 and subsequently hung up on 911 without even giving her kidnapped daughters name. The one person who seemed to be in charge of the entire situation. This person staged it all, including the you know what. She wasn't going to prison and she did what she had to do.

such a huge gulf between those with actual knowledge of the relevant forensics and RDI study

Back to top Go down