The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18-year-old Mary Tanner was found murdered

Go down

18-year-old Mary Tanner was found murdered Empty 18-year-old Mary Tanner was found murdered

Post by redpill Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:11 pm

Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:06 pm

I'm searching through orbituaries and I found this

18-year-old Mary Tanner was found murdered

18-year-old Mary Tanner was found murdered Mary-e10

The brutal murder of a Maine teenager 43 years ago remains unsolved, but the case is getting renewed attention thanks to a documentary in production, the Bangor Daily News reports.

Mary Ellen Tanner, 18, was found dead on July 9, 1978, at the end of a runway in rural Maine by a pilot who had spotted her body while taking off.

“There’s a woman down there dead. Somebody call the police,” the pilot said in a radio transmission, according to the newspaper.

Tanner’s body was already beginning to decompose in the summer heat. She was only partially clothed – her pants and shoes were missing – and it was apparent that her head had been beaten.

Friends and family described Tanner, who had three older siblings, as a “free spirit” who often hitchhiked, which was common among youth at the time.

“She was a kind, gentle soul, everybody’s little sister,” Tim Ames, a childhood friend, told the newspaper.

On July 7, 1978, two days before she was found dead, Tanner attended a parade in Kennebunkport’s Dock Square. Multiple people saw her at the event, and she talked with at least two friends.

That evening, Tanner was spotted at a bowling alley, after which she hitchhiked with friends to a hill near the Rachel Carson Wildlife Refuge, a popular hang-out spot for teens.

Tanner then went to a beach with another friend and was later seen at the intersection of Routes 9 and 35 in Kennebunkport.

ref https://www.crimeonline.com/2021/08/26/teens-murder-in-rural-maine-more-than-40-years-ago-haunts-filmmaker/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmYeLHyiTtw

i learn about all these young white females who were murdered, apparently here in the state of Maine, cold case Alaska featured a couple in Alaska.

crazy to think of all the young white females out there who have been murdered and I've never heard of it.

I've never heard of this case until right now.

if I were a teen white female, I think i'd lock myself in my home with a gun, and even then you're not safe. the most recent episode of on the case with Paula Zahn featured such a case.

well if they have DNA they could solve it. affraid

Back to top Go down