The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

children as young as eight watching hit Netflix show Squid Game

Go down

children as young as eight watching hit Netflix show Squid Game Empty children as young as eight watching hit Netflix show Squid Game

Post by redpill Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:16 pm

Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:06 pm

in the news are a lot of articles stating kids are watching it.

i originally thought when i first heard squid game, was that it was some video game or card game involving squids. perhaps an iphone game where you play a squid collecting food using the iphone touch.

i found it a bit surprising a video game about squids would be so popular.

i also thought it could be squid was a character in a cartoon like sponge bob, or maybe even squid game is something sexual.

when i first heard tossed salad i though so what? chefs toss salads.

then i learned toss salad actually means licking someone's anus. i didn't see the connection. but i learn that it is a prison term.

so maybe squid game is some sort of sexual activity maybe the penis looks like s squid or the vagina smells like a squid.

well, no, Squid Game is Netflix ultraviolent and 100% Korean drama.

in the news there are articles such as

Welsh primary school issues warning to parents as pupils as young as eight watching hit Netflix show Squid Game

'Children and young people are likely to know about the show via word of mouth and because it is so popular on social media, but they may be unaware of the extent of gore, death and violence the show contains'
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/squid-game-parents-warning-children-21868593

Should children as young as 8 be watching Squid Game? Surprisingly, parents and experts disagree

https://www.news24.com/parent/family/parenting/should-children-as-young-as-8-be-watching-squid-game-surprisingly-parents-and-experts-disagree-20211007

Scenes from the Ultra Violent “Squid Game” Series Appearing on Kids' TikTok

What you need to know if your child is watching Squid Game on Netflix

https://www.nymetroparents.com/article/what-parents-need-to-know-about-squid-game

Only small numbers of children are attending school in Sydney, but tens of thousands will return to classrooms over the next two weeks after 16 weeks of remote learning, during which many have had extensive and unsupervised access to screens.

Linda Wickham, the principal of Dulwich Hill Public School in Sydney’s inner west, wrote to parents on Thursday saying children as young as six and seven have acknowledged they have watched the series, which is rated MA for mature adults.

“Squid Game features scenes that depict extreme violence and gore, strong language and frightening moments that are, according to its rating, simply not suitable for primary and early high school aged children,” Ms Wickham wrote.

https://www.smh.com.au/education/children-as-young-as-six-mimicking-squid-game-in-playground-school-warns-20211014-p58zxx.html

i've only binge watched it once through. as it is 9 episodes each about an hour long, i am still processing it. i eventually plan to watch it at least once more, assuming i am still alive.

in the news are reports of children as young as 8 watching it.

there's the korean version with subtitles and english dubbed version. since i was cooking and eating while i was watching it i picked the english dubbed version.

i can't imagine being a kid today, not only with all the computer and iphones and gadgets and online, but also watching a show like the squid game.

it is ultraviolent and has sex and so not suited for children. in this way it reminds me of South Park, also not suited for children.

the one thing i think children could learn from the squid game is that we live in an capitalist economic system and it sucks. it blows.

i'm not even a leftists.

if a kid does watch squid game, i think the message for them is to choose a college major wisely, as in avoiding women studies.

i don't think parents should allow kids to watch it, but if kids figure a way to watch it, they should understand that it's a metaphor for how capitalism works.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down