The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I move to Florida? Hurricane Ian

Go down

Should I move to Florida? Hurricane Ian Empty Should I move to Florida? Hurricane Ian

Post by redpill Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:51 pm

Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:40 pm

One question I've thought about at length is this

Should I move to Florida?

Why?

Because I hate the Midwest bone chilling winters with highly dangerous ice and snow roads.

a couple of years ago there was an ice storm and I was without power for nearly a week, no electricity.

I had to use the fireplace to stay warm.

even walking on the sidewalk in the winter is dangerous as you can slip and fall and break a hip bone or leg bone
or even hit your head.

Florida is nice and warm. I've heard they don't have a state in come tax.

Sound nice.

I really like Disney World in Orlando and I like beaches and boating.

Should I move to Florida?

I have no experience with year round warmth and I've heard summers are very hot and humid which is a bummer.

Hot is okay but humid? yuck. and I'm not accustomed to crocodiles or year round bugs.

I click on the news and I find this

Florida scrambles to prepare as Hurricane Ian

By Shannon Stapleton and Brendan O'Brien

TAMPA (Reuters) -Residents across Florida scrambled to place sandbags around their homes and stockpile emergency supplies on Monday, emptying store shelves as Hurricane Ian spun toward the state carrying high winds, torrential rains and a powerful storm surge.

Ian's path toward Florida forced the U.S. space agency NASA to roll its giant Artemis 1 moon rocket off its Cape Canaveral lauchpad after postponing the much-anticipated mission a third time.

Ian was a Category 2 hurricane as of Monday evening, packing winds over 100 miles per hour and expected to intensify before making landfall in Cuba. Forecasters said that once Ian left Cuba, the storm could make landfall north of Tampa Bay early on Friday or turn northwest toward Florida's Panhandle.

"This is a really big storm," Florida Governor Ron DeSantis told a news conference, saying the storm could potentially envelope both coasts of the state.

The Biden administration declared a public health emergency for the state on Monday and said it was working with local officials to provide support.

Florida has in seen wetter, windier and more intense hurricanes in recent years, which experts attribute to climate change. There is also evidence that climate change is causing storms to travel more slowly, meaning they can dump more water in one place.

hmmm

maybe not ?

we do get tornado and blizzards here though

i'm looking at these news youtube,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdq5Sd6s6WA

so long lines of grocery stores with food and water all gone

long lines at gas stations

long lines on roads

possibility of wind damage and flooding and no power

how does it effect your property value you bought this brand new home in Florida for $500, 000

and it has wind damage and is flooded.

and a lot of my equipment including my computer is sensitive to water damage.

then you have to get in touch with your insurance and clean up.

that's a lot of bs to deal with.

right now fall is finally here and my area has 70F and no rain and sunshine.

it's lovely though sun sets around 7pm.

but of course tornado are possible, and there's extreme cold winter. pale

and if you live in paradise like California and get tortured and then murdered, well it wasn't paradise was it?

of course you can be murdered in the midwest as well. pale

Back to top Go down