The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

after church a saltwater aquarium shop has moved out, smashburger captain D

Go down

after church a saltwater aquarium shop has moved out, smashburger captain D Empty after church a saltwater aquarium shop has moved out, smashburger captain D

Post by redpill Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:53 pm

Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:18 pm

when my mom was alive and healthy, i would take her to church to please her and keep her happy. she had early stages of dementia and couldn't drive nor self-care. the church in question was quite a distance from my home.

after church i sometimes, depending on the weather, would take her to a saltwater aquarium store that had mostly marine fish, though it also had freshwater fish, and was extremely high-end.

after church a saltwater aquarium shop has moved out, smashburger captain D Ypyzmc10

as well as aquascaping

she mostly kept quiet. I enjoyed seeing these creatures, including clown shrimp and jellyfish.

these aquariums were extremely pricey, in the thousands of dollars, and I have no room and no time to care for such things, so I would like to visit the store. especially at night the store was a bit dim, but the aquariums were brightly lit.

after church a saltwater aquarium shop has moved out, smashburger captain D Dsc00110

my mom has since died due to dementia and this store "relocated" to another location far away, so I haven't visited it in 2 years.

a couple of other stores that shared the same fate

I would like to eat at Smashburger with my mom

after church a saltwater aquarium shop has moved out, smashburger captain D Img-2012

and Captain D

after church a saltwater aquarium shop has moved out, smashburger captain D Captai10

my mom really liked the Captain D funnel cakes

and Hardees

after church a saltwater aquarium shop has moved out, smashburger captain D 440px-10

all have since closed.

I used to get Captain D and Hardees coupons in the mail. not anymore.

what i liked most about Captain D is that it was about half the price of a McDonad's filet o fish with fries and a drink, $5 vs $10, but better tasting, well McDonald fries were better tasting but Captain D fish was better tasting and the also offered hush puppies and funnel cake. originally the manager let me keep the coupon and the least expensive was the children meal with 1-2 pieces of fish, fries, a drink and i think a cookie or funnel cake for like $3.99 plus tax. i sometimes ordered fried clam or ship as a side item which was also very tasty.

i'm surprised that both Smash burger and Captain D went out of business since on the weekends especially both dining rooms were very full, at least pre-COVID. i know COVID may have hit both hard, Captain D was drive through only during COVID

there was also a Chinese restaurant I would also visit with my mom and dine in, and it also went out of business. it had a Gyrus arcade video game.

and a nearby Goodcents, what I liked about that Goodcent was it was privately owned, and the owner would offer a free drink and chips since I went there so often. so I only had to pay for the sandwich.

A nearby Church's Chicken also went out of business, as did Border's bookstore which was close to the Church, and Boston Chicken, we both loved the corn bread, is also gone.

a large grocery store also went out of business close to where i live. as my mom's dementia got worse, she would eat food without paying for it, at the grocery store.

my mom had Silver Sneakers, which the local YMCA gym accepted, and accepted me as her caregiver,  also went out of business.

all  are gone and my mom has since died. it's all just memories now
I love you I love you

Back to top Go down