The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

when i studied Tae Kwon Do vs the real world

2 posters

Go down

when i studied Tae Kwon Do  vs the real world  Empty when i studied Tae Kwon Do vs the real world

Post by redpill Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Mon Oct 08, 2018

i originally was going to talk about space quest on the tandy 1000 and other but i decided after visiting listverse

today on listverse

10 Certified Badass Warriors Who Shook The Asian Continent
ANDREW HA OCTOBER 8, 2018

4 Wu Mei (Ng Mui)
The first of two ladies on this list, Wu Mei was a martial arts genius. Said to have been one of the legendary Five Elders of Shaolin, she survived the temple’s destruction during the Qing dynasty.
http://listverse.com/2018/10/08/10-certified-badass-warriors-who-shook-the-asian-continent/

i actually did study tae kwon do

i've mentioned in some of my blog posts that in my era, oriental martial arts craze with bruce lee and the karate kid
from the orient. i saw that show kung fu on tv when i was  a  very young kid. david carragen

oriental martial artists

there were news reports about the orient from japan and china, and shows like godzilla, and also how on math test scores how well they did. on math.

but what interested me was the world of ninjas and samurai and chinese monks doing martial arts.

i'll revisit this more, but the most popular gi joe figure wasn't duke but cobra ninja aka storm shadow
the most popular video games were street fighter and yie are the kung fu.

the teenage mutant ninja turtles became popular i was finishing high school but yeah that was also set in japan in new york.

so i signed up for tae kwon do and the head guy was a korean guy, from korea when i was in second grade
the tae kown do was the closest dojo to where i lived.

we actually had our names written in korean and we learned to count to ten in korean.

we learned certain "forms", a lot of what we were taught were kicks and forms.

i still remember the first time the martial arts guy with an identical twin brother held a board and told me to break it with my first, and after a dozen attempts i succeeded. i broke a board with my fist

i was learning the variety of kicks tae kwon do emphasized

they had demos from time to time and very advance students. in some ways it was akin to a religious cults, some of the tae kwon doists were pretty hard core, reported to the master always bowed.

but yeah they did amazing gymnastic stunts and flying kicks. i was amazed. it seemed the had magical powers

here's the rub, i actually did get into fights at school with bullies.

i entered the fight confident i would win, bc i actually studied tae kwon do kicks, so i tried to use them.

didn't work, i missed, and the fight quickly went to the ground and it wasn't a good thing for me.

i became kinda skeptical of tae kwon do. the kicks look good, but it doesnt seem to work in a real fight.

i spent about 3 years, from second to fouth grade before i quit. a major reason why i did is i could use it to win
real actual fights.

i now know in UFC and mma that one of the most effective martial art is an asian martial art, juijitsu
and that indeed a lot of fights do go into what i call wrestling and so grappling based martial art is one of the more effective martial art, and that punching and by extension boxing, is easier to throw than kicking.

i think if i studied boxing and wrestling instead of tae kwon do, i'd be a more effective fighter, though being a weak unathletic scrawny kid it'd still be dangerous.

there are ufc fighters with a tae kwon do background, but they all combine it with other martial arts. of course in a era of guns how important is learning this where there are knives and guns

what doesn't work is prayer. i went to a catholic elementary school as was physically attacked and beaten by a bully named jeff, whose family cared enough about catholicism for him to go there and to catholic church but didn't do anything about their son beating me up.

i left the catholic school and church. when i listen to christians talk about how god allowed the israelites to mass murder the canaanites as described in the book of joshua, or how god was with samson or with david over goliath

i think its pure fucking bullshit. the romans kicked jew ass in 2 major wars in the first and second century. hitler murdered another 6 million. and in catholic school i prayed that god gives me favor like david so i can beat back jeff in catholic school, or change his heart, with no success. i no longer believe in prayer.

4 Wu Mei (Ng Mui)
The first of two ladies on this list, Wu Mei was a martial arts genius. Said to have been one of the legendary Five Elders of Shaolin, she survived the temple’s destruction during the Qing dynasty.

i kinda wonder about this since while chinese martial arts looks good, does it actually work in a real street battle?

of the asian martial arts muy thai and juijitsu have proven their worth, with karate and tae known do having some success.

Wu Mei started wing chun which bruce lee used, but can it work say if i was being beaten by a catholic christian bully in catholic school?

Back to top Go down

when i studied Tae Kwon Do  vs the real world  Empty Re: when i studied Tae Kwon Do vs the real world

Post by searchinGirl Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Wing chun is the martial art that embraces S.B.T.C..

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down