The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i like fireplaces and watching fires and warmth and heat and light but paranoia

2 posters

Go down

i like fireplaces and watching fires and warmth and heat and light but paranoia  Empty i like fireplaces and watching fires and warmth and heat and light but paranoia

Post by redpill Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:34 pm

Mon Oct 29, 2018

as a kid i was born and my family originally was in an apartment, then moved to another apartment then finally into a home with a fireplace

my current residence also has a fireplace.

my family though never used the fireplace. there is a lot of cleaning up and the soot in the chimney has to be cleaned

i wonder if it is cost effective to heat a house with fire in the fireplace. i don't know. if the price of wood and then burning it, makes sense versus using just central ac/heating unit, which in my house is a gas burner.

the price of using wood also includes cost of cleanup and cleaning chimney.

i do own a bread maker machine and the break mixes are actually more expensive than buying bread.

cleaning the ashes kinda reminds me of cleaning a cat litter box, rather unpleasant but not as smelly.

even if the wood was free, there is still a cost involved in cleanup the ashes and chimney having soot, and there are risks to.

but the biggest issue about fireplace is the concern that an ember might fly out
and cause a house fire.

some house fires were caused by fireplace and caused actual death by fire.

it would be difficult for me to fall asleep at night with the fire in the fireplace still burning bc of the concern i have it might cause a house fire.

i have visited on christmas houses with christmas parties and they had logs in the fireplace burning and i really enjoyed the experience.

i enjoy seeing the fire flicker, i enjoy the warmth and the sound of cracking and smell of wood burning.

seeing that there is snow and ice outside, sun sets early and there's darkness and this fireplace

its kinda magical experience

i like fireplaces and watching fires and warmth and heat and light but paranoia  Maxres66

sadly its not one i can experience in my own home as i don't find the risks acceptable.

Back to top Go down

i like fireplaces and watching fires and warmth and heat and light but paranoia  Empty Re: i like fireplaces and watching fires and warmth and heat and light but paranoia

Post by searchinGirl Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:58 am

Maybe you should try a gas fireplace. The flip of a switch gives you the warmth and flicker of flames and heats really well and you can turn it off just as easily.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

i like fireplaces and watching fires and warmth and heat and light but paranoia  Empty Re: i like fireplaces and watching fires and warmth and heat and light but paranoia

Post by redpill Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:56 am

searchinGirl wrote:Maybe you should try a gas fireplace. The flip of a switch gives you the warmth and flicker of flames and heats really well and you can turn it off just as easily.

yeah....but that's not capturing the magical experience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down