The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allan Bloom Closing of the American Mind quotes on rock music

Go down

Allan Bloom Closing of the American Mind quotes on rock  music Empty Allan Bloom Closing of the American Mind quotes on rock music

Post by redpill Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:04 pm

Sun Nov 25, 2018

my church had christian debators who said that a must read book for all christians is Allan Bloom Closing of the American Mind

here are his quotes on rock music

Young people know that rock has the beat of sexual intercourse. That is why Ravel’s Bolero is the one piece of classical music that is commonly known and liked by them.

In alliance with some real art and a lot of pseudo-art, an enormous industry cultivates the taste for the orgiastic state of feeling connected with sex, providing a constant flood of fresh material for voracious appetites. Never was there an art form directed so exclusively to children. p.73-74

“From love comes hate, masquerading as social reform…In short, life is made into a nonstop, commercially prepackaged masturbational fantasy.”

Allan Bloom makes all kinds of claims of what a liberally educated great books person is like, and i took a philosophy course from a philosophy phd leftists who called him an elitist and said his book was trash.

so when i compare what allan bloom says about great books liberal arts education and the real world, i find bloom to be wanting.

if i have to choose between rock music and great books, i'll take rock music.

Back to top Go down