The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Poet Society, 80s Anne of Green Gables, Allan Bloom Closing of the American Mind series

Go down

Dead Poet Society, 80s Anne of Green Gables, Allan Bloom Closing of the American Mind series Empty Dead Poet Society, 80s Anne of Green Gables, Allan Bloom Closing of the American Mind series

Post by redpill Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:28 pm

Wed Feb 13, 2019

i saw the movie Dead Poet Society, when it came out when i was still in high school,  1989

Dead Poet Society, 80s Anne of Green Gables, Allan Bloom Closing of the American Mind series 04df4710

Dead Poet Society, 80s Anne of Green Gables, Allan Bloom Closing of the American Mind series Deap_p10

i had as a kid seen

Anne of Green Gables,

Dead Poet Society, 80s Anne of Green Gables, Allan Bloom Closing of the American Mind series 5bd1dd11

a couple of years later there were college admissions officers  and representatives from the top universities, havard yale princeton, stanford university of chicago northwestern et

at my high school.

they told me that a huge number of the college essays for application to these highly select elite universities all wrote about dead poet society and how they want to attend this elite college bc of dead poet society.

having seen anne of green gables talk about classic literature with her teacher and reciting alfred lord tennyson the lady of shalot

and then dead poet society where they read poems by yates and keats and Thoreau, with the robin williams guy ripping out pages from that poetry book

i got the impression that the elite universities want students who can discuss keating and tennyson and shakespeare, from the combination of anne of green gables and dead poet society.

i also learned of  Allan Bloom Closing of the American Mind  and had read it.

Allan Bloom, among many other things, called rock music poison. you can listen to shakespeare and tennyson, or rock music, but not both.

i sort of go the impression Allan Bloom was right, in that the black kids listened to rap like 2 live crew me so horny, and some of the white kids into drugs and dropping out of school liked led zeppelin and heavy metal like aerosmith

i wanted to follow in the footsteps of anne of green gables and dead poet society, again there was no internet, no other source of information, much like religion and the bible. my source of information were those 2 movies and book, and english and history lit teachers.

i think in dead poet society one of the ugys quotes a philosopher named niezsche who said god is dead.

allan bloom book closing of the american mind talks about niezsche and has an entire chapter devoted to niezsche

the niezschean of the left

but um try as i may, i prefer stories of ninjas over shakespeare, sorry, but i just did not find the stories in the greatest books to be the least bit interesting and the words of these poets are just a lot of words, dont mean anything to me.

Back to top Go down