The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

choose your own adventure books and Grailquest

Go down

choose your own adventure books and Grailquest Empty choose your own adventure books and Grailquest

Post by redpill Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:59 pm

Wed Jan 30, 2019

it's the early 1980s, when most families didn't own a computer, which at best would be a trs-80 or apple 1,

i didn't own a computer from 70s to early 80s. what's a kid to do?

well, i read books. my local library and the school library had books where we had to use a card catalog and dates printed on the front page piece of paper that was attached via a stamp.

one type of books i took a likeling for was
choose your own adventure books

choose your own adventure books and Grailquest 220px-18

where there is a story, and then 2 outcomes for one outcome you go to a certain page, and for the other outcome you go to a different page.

i even tried to do book report but it's not easy to do with this type of book.

later i read books where they offer a character sheet and you had to keep track of hit points, i remember i played a character named pip.

its kinda like D&D.

the one thing i remember from these books of long ago was that i was with a chinese girl who lived in himalayans and lived for hundreds of years in age, but remain young.

i remember how cool that could be, unlimited time and stay young to read books like this, and again this was before any computers.

i don't think if i had a computer as a kid, or a game console, i'd have any interest in these books. but being born in the 70s, these books came first, there were no computers or consoles widely available, and so i read these books, bc there was nothing else.

i looked it up it was Grailquest which i liked more than choose your own adventure, i remember playing pip and rolling dice

choose your own adventure books and Grailquest 86481710

for a short time period i was reading these books and at the time i thought it was awesome.

not gonna lie, if computers or consoles were available i'd spend my time on kings quest or mario world, not this. but they weren't so this was what i read.

i liked to read, but these books and comic books were what i liked, not shakespeare or chaucer or milton or anything like that.

in my mind, classic literature like classical music is something some people love, but i prefer comic books and rock music.

a couple of boys were interested in the grailquest books as well.

i did ask my female classmates about these things, about choose your own adventure books and Grailquest and they were not interested, at all.

so if uve ever wondered what redpill read as a kid, before computers and consoles, in the era of the radio shack trs-80 and atari 2600 and when asteroids ruled the arcade

choose your own adventure books and Grailquest and comic books and dnd books

you're only a kid once in a lifetime and now i have bills and taxes lol. Sad today's kids have ps4 and call of duty

Back to top Go down