The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walter Martin Kingdom of the Cults and deadly cults

Go down

Walter Martin Kingdom of the Cults and deadly cults Empty Walter Martin Kingdom of the Cults and deadly cults

Post by redpill Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:55 pm

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:34 pm

in the 1980s, thanks to the John Ankerberg show then my moody bible institute teacher, as well as news media, Time magazine, 20/20

Walter Martin Kingdom of the Cults and deadly cults 51nfwj10

i was exposed to the idea of the cult. i think it was time magazine that first broke the news on the cult Scientology which they were sued to the nth degree.

Walter Martin who died had multiple degrees including a theology degree and a law degree, wrote a book, the Kingdom of the Cults,

what fundamentalist Christians of the 80s did was talk about dangerous cults that lead to mass suicides and murder, from the Jim Jones cult to Charles Manson.

these cults teach false anti-biblical teachings and are created by Satan, and the anti-Christ.

cults are dangerous. cults engage in brain washing, they want all your money, they ask you to commit crimes, alienate you from your friends and families, have sex and orgies, cults are bad news.

if you actually read Walter Martin's book Kingdom of the Cults,

he regards every single religion, other than fundamentalist protestant christianity as a cult.

so he and john ankerberg describe highly destructive cults like the Charles Manson and Jim Jones

and then in the same sentence, call the major world religions of islam, buddhism, taoism, secular humanism, and every religion that is an offshoot of christianity from mormonism to jehovah witness to adventists swedenborgians et al as cults.

they define a cult as any religion that does not uphold the tenets of christian fundementals such as the inerrancy of the bible, its divine inspiration by the holy spirit, the deity of christ, the virgin birth etc.

they regard feminism, the theory of evolution, the homosexual movement as cults as well.

obviously as a skeptic it's rather amusing they forgot one cult, namely their own religion fundamentalist christianity.

the edition of walter martin book i was given omits judaism as a cult. roman catholicism is a cult and so is islam but not apparently jews and judaism.

i regard the whole thing is specious, walter martin claims false religions with false gods and false doctrine don't conform to the bible as interpreted by him, but the bible itself is a total bs book. we are to reject say the muslim god allah as a false god and mohammad as a false prophet, inspired by satan, but the bible itself has some pretty terrible material.

flash forward to 2019,

there are several documentaries in 2019 about cults,

people magazine talks about cults, from the children of god, in the USA, where david Berg has sex with young children, to the manson family, where manson also has sex with underage females, all aired in june 2019

A&E Investigates Cults and Extreme Belief including the grandson of the moonies, some korean guy who uses the bible rod of iron to mean guns earlier in 2019

and oxygen channel in June 2019 has deadly cults, leading to murder.

tbh, watching these cult documentaries i kinda wish i could be a cult leader with my own cult followers. sadly in 2019 as opposed to the 1960s, i doubt cults can gain any traction with competition from social media and iphones.

and i don't perform miracles i don't hear voices and i don't believe in the efficacy of prayer. but seeing these cult leaders wow. sounds like an easy way to make a living.

my cult idea would be to claim like marcion that the god of jesus is not the god of the jews and ditch the nasty jewish god and nasty old testament, re-write the new testament, include the gnostic gospels, and merge it with buddhism. so the main figures would be buddha and christ, but no old testament.

for this cult to work i have to claim i am a buddha and christ and that god spoke to me, which he hasn't, to my followers, and my words are god's words, which i've not actually written anything and bibles i am familiar with the NIV and RSV are copyrighted. KJV isn't but i don't like KJV as the english is archaic. and the gnostic gospels are also copyrighted, as they are translations.

but seeing cult followers adore their cult leaders and give him money and sex, wow, what an easy life. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down