The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It was a dark and stormy night Tue May 30, 2023 11:00 pm 2 ghost stories

Go down

It was a dark and stormy night  Tue May 30, 2023 11:00 pm  2 ghost stories Empty It was a dark and stormy night Tue May 30, 2023 11:00 pm 2 ghost stories

Post by redpill Tue May 30, 2023 11:05 pm

Tue May 30, 2023 11:00 pm

It was a dark and stormy night

I don't have any ghost stories of my own I can tell, AFAIK.

back in the day I saw Unsolved Mysteries

I know of these 2 ghost stories

Teresita Basa

Nicknames: No known nicknames
Date: February 21, 1977
Case

Details: Born in the Philippines in 1929, Teresita Basa had moved to the United States in the 1960s to study music. She later became a respiratory therapist at Edgewater Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. Quiet and unassuming, she was the last person one would expect to be victim of a violent crime. However, at 10pm on the night of February 21, 1977, the fire department was called to put out a fire in her apartment. In the blaze, they found her nude body under a burning mattress with a butcher knife buried in her chest. Investigators believed that the fire had been set to cover up the murder. There was evidence that she was the victim of a sexual crime. The autopsy, however, determined that she had not been raped. There seemed to be no apparent motive for the crime. Investigators could also find little physical evidence, as most had been destroyed by the fire. One piece of evidence that was found, however, was a memo that stated: "Get Theatre Tickets for A.S."
Suspects: The police pursued several leads, but they were all subsequently dismissed. They suspected that A.S. may have been involved in the crime, but they did not know what the initials stood for.
Her boyfriend, whom she allegedly argued with, was considered a possible suspect.
Extra Notes:

This case first aired on the April 25, 1990 episode.
This case was one of the few profiled that had been solved prior to the broadcast. It focused mainly on the supernatural aspects surrounding the murder.
It was also documented in the book, Houses of Horror, by Richard Winer, and the telemovie Voice from the Grave.
It served as inspiration for a "Fact" segment on Beyond Belief.

Teresita basa killer

Allan Showery

Results: Solved. More than five months after Teresita's murder, her coworker, Remibias "Remy" Chua, another native from the Philippines, and her husband, Joe, contacted detective Joe Stachula, claiming to have information about her murder. Remy told Joe that shortly after, she began having visions and dreams in which Teresita appeared to her, begging her to go to the police and tell what had happened to her. One night, Remy took a nap at home; according to Joe, she began speaking in another voice. It said that she was Teresita. She told Joe that her killer's name was Allan Showery. The voice claimed that he was an orderly that worked at the hospital. She urged Joe to go to the police. However, when she woke up, she claimed to have no memory of what had happened. Joe decided, at first, not to go to the police.
Then the voice possessed Remy a second time, asking Joe why he did not go to the police. He said that he had no evidence against Showery. The voice then told Joe that he had taken Teresita's jewelry after her murder and given it to his girlfriend.
Detective Stachula did not know if he could trust this information or not. He decided to do a background check on Showery. He found that Showery lived close to Teresita. Coworkers confirmed that he was planning to go to her apartment that night to repair her television.
Stachula brought Showery in for questioning. He confirmed that he went to her apartment to repair the television. He claimed that he did not have the tools to do so, so he went back home. Stachula did not believe this, so he contacted Showery's girlfriend. He asked if Showery had given her any jewelry recently, and she said that he had. She agreed to let Teresita's friends and family inspect it. They confirmed that some of it was Teresita's.
Confronted with the evidence, Showery confessed to Teresita's murder. He said that after he left her apartment, he made a plan to return and rob her. When he returned, he said that she let him back in. When she turned around to lock the door, he grabbed her from behind and attacked her. He disrobed her to make it look like a sexual crime. He then took her mattress, placed it over her body, and set it on fire.
Despite his confession, Showery pleaded not guilty to Teresita's murder. When a mistrial occurred, he decided to plead guilty on February 23, 1979, receiving only a fourteen-year sentence for his cold blooded crime. He was released on parole in 1983.

ref
https://unsolvedmysteries.fandom.com/wiki/Teresita_Basa

and

Christene and Nick Skubish

Real Names: Christene Dawn and Nicholas Anthony Skubish (Scoobish is an alternate misspelling)
Nicknames: Chrissy (Christene); Nick, Nicky (Nicholas)
Date: June 6, 1994
Bio

Date of Birth: October 24, 1970 (Christene)
Height: Unrevealed
Weight: Unrevealed
Marital Status: Engaged (Christene)
Characteristics: Unrevealed
Case

Details: On June 6, 1994, twenty-three-year-old Christene Skubish and her three-year-old son, Nick, were driving along Highway 50 in the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range in California when they vanished without a trace. Christene was a single mother who had recently earned her paralegal certification and was also hopeful about marrying Nick's father. She left her family's home near Sacramento on June 5, 1994, headed for Carson City, Nevada. She was reported missing on June 8 by her stepfather, Dave Stautzenbach, who called the police to make a missing-persons report on her disappearance. An investigation began into this case, but no leads initially turned up.
Suspects: None
Extra Notes: This case first aired on the February 21, 1997 episode.
The paranormal attributes of it were featured on Paranormal Witness.
Deborah hoyt

Results: Solved. Five days after Christene and Nick disappeared, a woman named Deborah Hoyt and her husband were driving along Highway 50 late at night. They were singing to keep themselves awake. Suddenly, Deborah saw a naked woman laying on the side of the road. His face was toward it, she was laying on her side, her knees were slightly bent, she had one arm underneath her head, and the other arm on her head. The Hoyts were dumbfounded. They thought it might have been an obscene practical joke or a trap to hijack their car. They stopped at the nearest phone booth to call the police.
Within minutes, two cruisers were at the site where Deborah had seen the woman's body. However, without a landmark to pinpoint the exact location, the authorities found nothing. The next morning, some began to suspect that the sighting had something to do with the disappearance of Christene and Nick. At the urging of their families, Deputy Rich Strasser decided to investigate further. He figured that it might be easier to spot something in the daylight.
Deborah had pinpointed a particularly dangerous stretch of Highway 50 known as "Bullion Bend". As Strasser drove in the area, he noticed a child's black tennis shoe on the side of the road. The area next to it was a steep embankment. He decided to pull over and search there further. At the bottom of the ravine, he discovered the twisted remains of Christene's car. He checked her and discovered that she was dead. He went to the passenger side to check Nick, who was laying in a fetal position naked.
Strasser assumed that Nick had also died. However, when he touched his neck to find a pulse, it appeared that he took a breath. Strasser immediately called for an ambulance. Nick had been alone in the car for five days. Police believe that sometime after 2am on June 6, Christene fell asleep at the wheel. She drove off the road and crashed her car at the bottom of the ravine. Due to the incline, motorists drove past the accident scene for days, unaware of it. Strasser said he had spotted the boy's tennis shoe on the side of the highway Saturday, and then found the car. He believes the boy at some point climbed from the car to the highway, and then returned to the car. That is the only explanation for the shoe being on the road,"
Christene had been killed instantly; Nick was all alone with no way out and no one to talk to. Christene's mother believes that he spent the time talking to her, unaware that she was dead. Against all odds, he had survived five days of blistering heat and four nights of cold, dark solitude. Doctors who examined him believed that he would have had only an hour or two left to live had he not been rescued.
The strange circumstances that saved Nick's life seem to defy explanation. If Deborah had not seen the naked woman, he would have not survived. It seems impossible for that to have been Christene, as she was still fully clothed and wearing her seat belt. Furthermore, Strasser believes that she was most likely killed on impact. Deborah is certain that she saw a naked woman on the side of the road. She and Christene's family believes that it was her spirit who saved Nick that day.
Nick later told interviewers, "I remember almost every night; I don't remember the days too much, but I remember the night we wrecked. I remember the car flipping. I remember hitting tree after tree after tree… And I remember when the roof of the car got ripped off. I remember seeing my mom. I remember getting out of the car. I remember climbing up that forty-foot embankment and sliding down on pine needles. I remember seeing the lights. I remember every night, pretty much. I just don’t remember the days at all. If anything, I feel like I was sleeping, but I don’t remember the days at all."
On Paranormal Witness, Nick, now an adult, was interviewed. He described a bright light surrounding their car following the accident. He also recalled seeing the figure of a woman standing near the road. He believed that Christine was watching over him following the accident.
It was also mentioned that Christene's aunt had several dreams about the accident before she and Nick were ever reported missing. She saw them laying in the car in a ditch. She also saw the number "16" which turned out to be the number for a mile marker near the accident scene.
Links:

Report of naked lady leads deputies to boy trapped in car
Tot survives five days in car wreckage
Trapped child rescued after five days
Boy, 3, Recovering After 5 Days in Car with Dead Mother
"Miracle baby" told of mom's death in wreck
Tot survives 6 days after crash that killed former area resident
Local fatal car crash focus of Unsolved Mysteries show
"Unsolved Mystery?" Not to victim's mom
Truth or Legend? A Mother's Ghost Saves Her Son
Christene Skubish at Mystery Portals
Christene Skubish on Find a Grave

ref
https://unsolvedmysteries.fandom.com/wiki/Christene_and_Nick_Skubish

these 2 are the most hard to explain stories in terms of science and skepticism.

these 2 stories give me hope of life after death, that there is more to this universe than what science and physics tells us.

of course these are 2 very rare events, typically murder victim spirits in the first story don't come back to tell the living who killed them.

Suspect

Back to top Go down