The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rewatching the superfriends and underdog and he man

2 posters

Go down

rewatching the superfriends and underdog and  he man Empty rewatching the superfriends and underdog and he man

Post by redpill Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:55 pm

Thu Feb 07, 2019

youtube gives me a chance to re-watch the cartoons of my early childhood including underdog,

rewatching the superfriends and underdog and  he man Hqdefa79

superfriends  and he man

rewatching the superfriends and underdog and  he man Hqdefa80

i watched he man after school on weekdays.

i have only very vague and hazy memories of all this.

i do remember at the end of every episode of he-man there was a life lesson, sort of moral of the story on each episode.

re-watching it, for example,

here  skeletor is being nice

i think its hilarious. i don't remember this at all.

i remebering watching these cartoons as a kid, i remember some things.

i remember simon bar sinister, and simon says, and tennesee tuxedo and the professor

and orco doing his goofy non magic tricks

i did watch it but i don't really remember most of it.

one is of course the mystery of time, the passage of time from the 70s to now, but two is how memory works, i don't really remember most of what i see, just bits and pieces here and there.

i wonder what other things happened when i was a kid i now no longer remember.

my family didn't have a vcr until the 90s.

i watched these cartoons as a kid, but i now don't remember it, but as i am watching it i have a vague recollection

i do recall simon bar sinister had a plot to steal water or using a vaccuum cleaner to suck up water

and a vague recollection of orco learning about christmas at some time, being told about christmas by kids from our universe.

i remember voltron every episode being like every other episode ending in a rho beast being sliced in half.

but mostly as i am watching this i dont remember.

Back to top Go down

rewatching the superfriends and underdog and  he man Empty Re: rewatching the superfriends and underdog and he man

Post by searchinGirl Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:07 pm

ThunderCats. Did you watch them?

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

rewatching the superfriends and underdog and  he man Empty Re: rewatching the superfriends and underdog and he man

Post by redpill Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:12 pm

searchinGirl wrote:ThunderCats. Did you watch them?

i did, but i only have vague unclear memories.

the one episode i remember was when the sword of omens fought excalibur and lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:15 pm

That was my son’s favorite. Liono. Of course my favorites from that time period were My Little Pony and Rainbow Brite

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:40 pm

searchinGirl wrote:That was my son’s favorite. Liono. Of course my favorites from that time period were My Little Pony and Rainbow Brite

your son probably is also a gen x er than lol.

yeah i saw the commericials for those 2 lol

what was popular when u were a little 5 year old girl?

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:50 pm

All the Disney stuff. Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Bluto, Fractured Fairy Tales, Bug Bunny, Tweety Bird, Tom and Jerry, Pepe LePew. I was five in 1959.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:52 pm

searchinGirl wrote:All the Disney stuff. Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Bluto, Fractured Fairy Tales, Bug Bunny, Tweety Bird, Tom and Jerry, Pepe LePew. I was five in 1959.

i cant imagine the world back then. i was born more than 20 years later, and we still used typewriters, no computers, dial phones, and paper.

i've always wondered how banks schools libraries did things with just paper and ink

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:03 pm

I think my generation made the crossover to computers. In first grade we got written report card forms. By the time I graduated from a high school they were computerized, but not everything else. My first computer class required punch cards. My first computer in the late eighties used floppy disks and hard storage only 20 MB.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:14 pm

searchinGirl wrote:I think my generation made the crossover to computers. In first grade we got written report card forms. By the time I graduated from a high school they were computerized, but not everything else. My first computer class required punch cards. My first computer in the late eighties used floppy disks and hard storage only 20 MB.

i thought it was my generation, though i don't remember punch cards my dad had them.

in 2nd grade i saw an apple 2c for the very first time and my computer lab had radio shack trs-80 with 8k ram

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:39 pm

So many of my friends aren’t into computers but I am. So maybe it is more your generation. But at some point I felt like it was passing me by and then I started working for the economists and scientists in Boulder. Went from a small familiarity with mainframes to the pc.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:40 pm

searchinGirl wrote:So many of my friends aren’t into computers but I am. So maybe it is more your generation. But at some point I felt like it was passing me by and then I started working for the economists and scientists in Boulder. Went from a small familiarity with mainframes to the pc.

for me the tandy 1000sx was my first I love you

so you worked in block buster and work for scientists in boulder? i take it block buster was a summer job?

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:05 pm

I managed a small independent video store in south Boulder for three years at the beginning of home video. The scientists I worked for were EPA prime contractors. Smart people. Smarter then me anyway.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:19 pm

searchinGirl wrote:I managed a small independent video store in south Boulder for three years at the beginning of home video. The scientists I worked for were EPA prime contractors. Smart people. Smarter then me anyway.

so were you in boulder when jonbenet was murdered in 96?

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:33 pm

Yes I was. And I had yet another job, staff auditor at CU. I only worked for CU for one year. I worked for the scientists for four. After CU I worked in downtown Denver for a Major Telecom in Fraud Control. It was a huge dose of Computer Science for me.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:53 pm

searchinGirl wrote:Yes I was. And I had yet another job, staff auditor at CU. I only worked for CU for one year. I worked for the scientists for four. After CU I worked in downtown Denver for a Major Telecom in Fraud Control. It was a huge dose of Computer Science for me.

what was it like to be in boulder when it became news? ru the only person in boulder who is regularly commenting on jbr on these forums i've not found another. i imagine 99% boulder are rdi.

my computer science is playing computer games lol

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:01 am

I can’t speak for the rest of Boulder. RDI is the standard line. But I know several people from the golf league whose careers were impacted and think quite differently. For example, I’ve met Bob Whitson who wrote the book Injustice, and part of it is quoted in the parent blog to yours. It’s pretty clear what he thinks.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:35 pm

searchinGirl wrote:I can’t speak for the rest of Boulder. RDI is the standard line. But I know several people from the golf league whose careers were impacted and think quite differently. For example, I’ve met Bob Whitson who wrote the book Injustice, and part of it is quoted in the parent blog to yours. It’s pretty clear what he thinks.

interesting. you have a local connection to this crime.

have you met any Australian nationals in boulder?

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:15 pm

I’ve met some Australians though not many. I have a friend from New Zealand. Says he’s a Mowry Prince.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 pm

searchinGirl wrote:I’ve met some Australians though not many. I have a friend from New Zealand. Says he’s a Mowry Prince.

my mr cruel theory is an aussie national travelled from australia to boulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down