The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

superheros of the 1970s spectreman and underdog

Go down

superheros of the 1970s spectreman and underdog  Empty superheros of the 1970s spectreman and underdog

Post by redpill Sat May 11, 2019 10:00 pm

Sat May 11, 2019

What a Face

in light of the tremendous success of Avengers Endgame (which I've not watched)
the superhero genre is lucrative for Hollywood, Marvel and DC offering

today's children can see a huge variety of super heroes, which they can learn from internet, from every category imaginable from Harry Potter to Pokemon to superman and iron man and spiderman.

as a child of the 1970's

I was limited to what i could watch on TV. no internet. just TV. and mostly it was me watching it, though some of my classmates also watched

and it was

underdog

superheros of the 1970s spectreman and underdog  250px-13

and spectreman

superheros of the 1970s spectreman and underdog  4568f010

i don't think most adults of the 1970s have ever heard of either underdog or spectreman

but in 2019 i suspect many adults have seen the Avengers and DC movies like Batman and Iron man and spiderman.

special effects are obviously much better than in the 1970s

as a kid of the 70s watching these 2, after my time with Seasme Street, Electric company and Mr Roger's neighborhood of toddler was coming to and end,

the idea of flying and shooting rays that both underdog and spectreman could do I thought was amazing.

Spectreman would give a Nazi salute and transform from a japanese man named George to a flying cyborg, with fin blades and spectre flash.

i wanted to do that to.

and underdog would eat a magic pill from his ring and gave him super strength and also ability to fly.

i was "learning" things, in underdog the claim that every cloud has a silver lining.

i've not seen underdog, and this episode, but i still remember from age 5 way back in 1978 that there were these clouds that were angry and stole silver

underdog figures out every cloud has a silver lining.

and how simon bar sinister created a vacuum cleaner that sucked all the water from the world. and how underdog foiled him.

spectreman as about the environment. the enemy dr gori complained of all the trash and pollution and waste and litter and how therefore humans need to be enslaved.

spectreman would use his arms in a kind of interpretive dance to do a spectre flash and i did the same, i imitated him. sadly no ray beams came from my fingertips

i also lifted my hands and arms to try to fly but sadly that didn't happen either.

I'm all grown up now. I've seen some of the more recent movies from captain america to batman to iron man thor spiderman and honestly i'm not feeling it. i did see avengers infinity war and i'm not feeling much.

in thor ragnorok when hera killed 3 gods and the 4th god says hey i'm just the janitor

i thought that was kinda funny, made me laf.

what i do find meaning ful was when rey and kylo ren locked lightsabers and he said, you need a teacher, i can show you the ways of the force, and rey then closed her eyes to reach the force.

superheros of the 1970s spectreman and underdog  Epvii_10

that made me feel something deep. only star wars gets me happy. in iron man i see some guy in a suit and special effects. in batman i also see some guy in a suit and special effects. but watching rey and maz talk about the force gets me uplifted.

the other movies i like include the matrix, the first movie. the idea that all this is in the context of a computer generated simulation. wow.

i've seen harry potter movies and lord of the rngs and i'm kinda meh. i do enjoy watching knightfall, last kindgom and vikings.

since alzheimer's dementia has no curative treatment (aricept and namenda only reduce symptoms) i wish there was some sort of spiritual way to cure her.

but the force doesn't exist in our universe. i'm skeptical of god as well.  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down