The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

re Tricia Griffith on Burke's settlement with CBS and Linwood

2 posters

Go down

re Tricia Griffith on Burke's settlement with CBS and Linwood Empty re Tricia Griffith on Burke's settlement with CBS and Linwood

Post by redpill Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:06 pm

Fri Mar 29, 2019

i just learned of this

Tricia Griffith

re Tricia Griffith on Burke's settlement with CBS and Linwood 08282010
re Tricia Griffith on Burke's settlement with CBS and Linwood Tricia10

Hey Everyone,

Notice Wood is not crowing about the "settlement". Even if a lawyer can't mention amounts of money when these cases are settled they certainly can discuss the money in a generic sense.

The fact that there is zero fanfare from Lin Wood shows me with an almost 100 percent certainty that zero money changed hands. Or if money did  change hands it was a very small amount. I am assuming it was much less than what it would have cost for CBS to go to court.

Did CBS agree not to show the documentary again? If that were the case Wood would have been yelling from the roof of his law firm. Did CBS admit any guilt? No

What did Burke get out of this? ZERO that I can see.

I was hoping CBS would take this all the way to trial but hey, what can you do?

Don't look at this as being a big win for Lin Wood and the Ramseys. It's just the opposite in my opinion.

No admitted guilt,
Was money given to Wood? Don't know but my guess is no.
CBS can show the documentary again as far as I can tell. You would think if Lin Wood could have proven all the lies
he claimed was in the show he would have done his best to take this suit to court.

Notice how Lin Wood NEVER goes all the way to court to defend the Ramseys?
Just Sayin'

Tricia

her post was liked
BOSCOE, nwmouse, Pipsissiway_Potts and 28 others like this

Tricia is clearly insinuating that Burke's lawsuit had no merit and was dismissed or else Linwood would be boasting, and that no money can change hands.

to turn this around, why would Burke AGREE to CBS proposed confidential settlement offer if NO money was offered? If CBS wasn't going to give Burke a single penny, why should Burke accept this? Burke agreed to something CBS offered and then agreed to have the case dismissed. If Burke didn't like what CBS offered, why not continue litigation and sue as many people involved with the documentary as they can?

imagine CBS told Burke they offer him nothing and by offering nothing, Burke is supposed to keep quiet on the terms and agree to settle and agree to have his case dismissed and never refile. would Burke think this is an acceptable settlement offer?

these statements are legally incorrect, an out of court settlement could very well stipulate that the aggrieved party and the defendant admit no guilt, money could change hands, and Linwood remain silent as to how much money have exchanged.

Again, this was a CONFIDENTIAL

out of court settlement, not a trial judgment granting a motion for summary dismissal.

While we don't know what the details were, both parties agreed to terms so it's incorrect to say we can infer no money traded hands, or that Burke's case was not meritorious, or that Linwood would be bragging about it as a victory.

as for Linwood not going to trial, well there was the Carnes decision that Linwood won by summary judgment Wolfe vs Ramsey, as well as Ramsey lawsuits against Steve Thomas which iirc was also an out of court settlement, the deposition is on acandyrose

CBS most likely could not take it to trial bc they would lose so they offered a CONFIDENTIAL settlement.

Again, even if Lin Wood could prove the lies of CBS, and Tricia Griffith

re Tricia Griffith on Burke's settlement with CBS and Linwood 08282010
re Tricia Griffith on Burke's settlement with CBS and Linwood Tricia10

and the 28 + likes she received exposes her ignorance in the relevant forensics,

Burke would have to be willing to pay for Lin Wood's legal fees and have this drag on for years on end.

Burke and Lin Wood would have to spend their time in deposition, as opposed to family work or travel.

the CBS documentary clearly falls below accepted standards in forensics science, something tricia is clearly wholly ignorant of.

what I suspect actually happened is that CBS is aware of the inadequacy of the qualifications of its so called experts in the program.

Burke not wanting to drag this out for years, both personal time and legal fees, in court and deposition both oral and written,  agreed to a settlement with CBS, anywhere from tens of thousands to millions, and both agreed to keep this strictly confidential. as a confidential settlement with confidential terms, Lin Wood is bound not to brag about it in anyway.

If Burke sued and won, that may open a flood gate of litigation against CBS and all the participants in the documentary, resulting in more bad publicity and more legal fees, so CBS certainly has incentive to offer a confidential out of court settlement.

one reason why CBS wants to keep it confidential is if it turned out they paid Burke say $20 million, that may encourage others to sue CBS and request $20 million at a minimum

funny how Tricia and forumsforjustice omit mention of A&E The Killing of JonBenet a 2 hour documentary that featured actual forensic experts, medical doctors, neurologists pathologists and actual DNA experts who concluded an intruder did it.

there are new A&E documentary

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

re Tricia Griffith on Burke's settlement with CBS and Linwood Empty Re: re Tricia Griffith on Burke's settlement with CBS and Linwood

Post by searchinGirl Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:19 pm

There’s no way Lin Wood didn’t cash in on this. This time, everyone agreed to not say anything. The truth is coming.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

re Tricia Griffith on Burke's settlement with CBS and Linwood Empty Re: re Tricia Griffith on Burke's settlement with CBS and Linwood

Post by redpill Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:23 pm

searchinGirl wrote:There’s no way Lin Wood didn’t cash in on this. This time, everyone agreed to not say anything. The truth is coming.

agreed, except the "truth" it sounds like is sealed.

Back to top Go down

Post by searchinGirl Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:54 pm

Perhaps. I meant the truth about the murder of JBR. But no better way to dispel the notion of the Ramseys being guilty including Burke, is to solve the crime. Or at least let everyone know they are finally on a manhunt.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:01 pm

searchinGirl wrote:Perhaps. I meant the truth about the murder of JBR. But no better way to dispel the notion of the Ramseys being guilty including Burke, is to solve the crime. Or at least let everyone know they are finally on a manhunt.

trasha is claiming without evidence that CBS can re-air their documentary, which in her mind shows Burke's lawsuit is without merit.

for her, the truth was revealed with james kolar book as witnessed by Mama2JML

Mama2JML way back in the ancient times she was active on crimeshots and topix, from the time before time,

asked me what this big trasha reveal was, and the the reveal was james kolar's book.

seems like eons ago, in another age and in another life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down