The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my thoughts on The Walker Family Murders

2 posters

Go down

my thoughts on The Walker Family Murders Empty my thoughts on The Walker Family Murders

Post by redpill Sat May 11, 2019 11:59 pm

Sat May 11, 2019

listverse has

Crime
10 Worst Unsolved Mass Murders In US History
Benjamin Welton May 8, 2019

ref http://listverse.com/2019/05/08/10-worst-unsolved-mass-murders-in-us-history/

The Walker Family Murders

my thoughts on The Walker Family Murders Walker10

Christmas is usually a time of good cheer, good food, and good times spent with family. Christmas 1959 was supposed to follow this tradition. However, for one Florida family, the Christmas season became a nightmare.

The Walker family of Osprey, Florida, included father Cliff (25 years old), mother Christine (24 years old), a son named Jimmie (three years old), and a daughter named Debbie (two years old). On December 19, 1959, the entire Walker family was out running errands. The first to return to their modest ranch-style house was Christine. At first, nothing seemed out of the ordinary to the housewife. She even managed to put away her groceries before she was attacked.

Despite being caught off guard by her attackers, Christine managed to fight back. In fact, investigators later found that Christine’s shoes were coated in blood that did not belong to her. Ultimately, Christine was killed with a shot to the head from a .22-caliber gun. The next to die were Cliff, Jimmie, and Debbie. Cliff and Jimmie were dispatched with the .22, while Debbie was also shot but was likely killed by being drowned in the family’s bathtub. Detectives theorized at the time that the killer or killers had run out of ammunition.

The bodies were not found until the following day. Daniel McLeod, a ranch worker at the Palmer Ranch, where Cliff Walker worked, went to the Walker home in order to grab Cliff for a planned pig-hunting excursion. Daniel immediately informed the police of his gruesome discovery.

A subsequent search of the Walker home found that several items were missing: Cliff’s pocketknife, Cliff and Christine’s marriage license, and a high school majorette uniform that Christine had once worn. Given the personal nature of these stolen items, investigators theorized that the killer or killers had known the Walkers, and given that Christine had been raped, it was likely that she was the main target.[2]

this sounds like a case that can be solved with DNA, then compare DNA with suspects, CODIS, or familial DNA search.

the killers could still be alive though 1959 is a long time ago.

if they were 20 in 1959 then they'd be born around 1939, which means they'd be 80 today in 2019

stories like this make it worth considering what is needed for home security

i think dogs poop too much and cleaning poop is unpleasant. here might have saved their life.

i've thought buying a gun but i'm afraid i might shoot myself or the bad guy may use my gun against me Sad

for the most part, when i am away or asleep i make sure all windows and doors are locked. if i open my windows, only in nice weather and only in the day time with sunlight and only when i am home. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

my thoughts on The Walker Family Murders Empty Re: my thoughts on The Walker Family Murders

Post by searchinGirl Mon May 13, 2019 1:32 pm

I didn’t know this before. I wonder if these murders were in anyway inspired by the Clutter Family Murders committed only a month before in Kansas.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down

my thoughts on The Walker Family Murders Empty Re: my thoughts on The Walker Family Murders

Post by redpill Mon May 13, 2019 10:05 pm

searchinGirl wrote:I didn’t know this before. I wonder if these murders were in anyway inspired by the Clutter Family Murders committed only a month before in Kansas.

welcome back where u've been?

i've not either, but the detectives working theory was some sort of sexual assault, whereas the clutter family it seems burglarly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down