The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian tv shows of the 1980s

Go down

Christian tv shows of the 1980s Empty Christian tv shows of the 1980s

Post by redpill Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Mon Jun 03, 2019

I was going to blog this yesterday on Sunday but my PC crashed again.

I hope the reason it crashed is that the SATA ports the hard drive is attached to is faulty, so I re-imaged the HD and it's working now, after connecting to a different SATA

anyhow growing up in the 1980s my family didn't have cable.

it had a tv set which we used coat hangers for tv antenna's to get reception.

it had 2 sets of dials, the first dial gave us the main channels of abc nbc cbs pbs

Christian tv shows of the 1980s 438c1410

then it had  an entry on that dial, when we set it on that entry, it allowed us to access a second set of channels on the second dial

most of those channels did not come in and was hazy fuzzy static snowy

a couple were spanish channels, one was UPN which had Spectreman and robotech tv shows

one channel was a christian channel, specifically evangelical type.

on that channel i watched such shows as

Charles Stanley, which was quite popular, my baby sitter when i was a young boy watched that channel.

Christian tv shows of the 1980s Fun-fa10

i still remember him reading Paul's Romans on homosexuality, where he says it's a sin, not an "alternative lifestyle"

since Paul's opinions are recorded in the bible, it therefore is god's words.

the John Ankerberg Show

Christian tv shows of the 1980s Johnan10

in the 80s he had it run like Phil Donahue, where he had multiple guests and his debator which was walter martin who supposedly had several degrees, including  a  law degree.

walter martin debated representatives of false religions from roman catholicism to jehovah witness to moonies

Jack van Impe

he claimed to fame was to memorize every verse in the bible and could quote it and always talked about it. his show was his claim about how bible applies to the then current events, such as the USSR wanting to attack Israel and how we are living in the end times and jesus is coming soon

i just looked him up again, he's born 1933, ten years before my mom and is still going strong. maybe memorizing bible isn't a waste.

Fire by Nite

they also had an episode on homosexuality.

there was a time in the late 70s and 80s, when my gen, the gen-xer was the current gen of young people, when we were called the future when we were teens, and how god would lead a revival in our gen

i remember one series of episodes that focus on teenage sexuality, they had a teen girl who not only did she have sex, she got pregnant from a gay-bisexual guy who had AIDS and she gotten AIDS, which was new in the 80s

they reuse the same people, in another episode she was kinda sexually aggressive over the main guy which is something most guys can only dream of.

and in another episdoe they focus on suicide and she attempted suicide.

they were young adults in the 80s, early 20s i'd say, i wonder what they're doing now.

yeah the world didn't turn out that way, but uh i saw the atari 2600 and now we have ps4, and the apple 2c with 128k of ram and now pc come with 16gb of ram.

i've learned a lot since then.

it amazes me how much the internet has changed the world, since in the 80s they were my sources of information.

john ankerberg had an episode on rock music, how it leads to an unchristian lifestyle of sex drugs, one of the guys was a guitarrist for a rock band who then found jesus. ankerberg quoted allan bloom's the closing of the american mind, in this series, which i heard other christians talk about, and the university of chicago where allan bloom taught was about 2 hours away and had an awesome reputation as the world's best universty

he showed video clips from madon material girl to george michael's i want your sex to led zeppelin and others.

and at the time i was thinking is that these rock stars need to watch john ankerberg and go back to the bible.

what i think now,

why doesn't god heal amputees, or alzheimer's in my case

https://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

i kinda do sympathize with christians as i could see my classmates listen to led zepplin and the Beatles and do drugs, including marijuana and meth and cocaine and sex, teenage pregnancy and abortions, and drop out of school.

i wanted to attend university of chicago and allan bloom who was a faculty there hated rock music and said students should listen to mozart instead.

so yeah as a gen xer and as a kid in the 80s where i didn't have cable tv, i watched christian tv shows.

at the time i thought they were the most important truths and i was surprised school didn't teach them.

now i agree with atheists prayer doesn't work and is no where near as effective as what jesus claims, except via the placebo effect.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down