The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heidi Childs and David Metzler 10 year murder anniversary

Go down

Heidi Childs and David Metzler 10 year murder anniversary Empty Heidi Childs and David Metzler 10 year murder anniversary

Post by redpill Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:57 pm

Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:36 pm

former poster TracyB mentioned Heidi Childs and David Metzler  to me, emphasizing Heidi was a devote Christian.

i click on the news and I see that  Wed Aug 21, 2019 represents Heidi Childs and David Metzler 10 year murder anniversary

MONTGOMERY Co., Va. (WSET) -- Virginia State Police is marking the 10 year anniversary of the murder of two Virginia Tech students.

Police said it was shortly after 8 p.m. on August 26, 2009 when 18-year-old Heidi Childs and 19-year-old David Metzler parked in the isolated parking lot off Craig Creek Road.

They couple was brutally murdered sometime between 8:25 p.m. and 10 p.m. that night.

They were found shot dead in Caldwell Fields in Montgomery County. A joint task force was created to handle the case.

Investigators said Heidi's purse was stolen. Inside was cell phone camera, ID, Virginia Tech lanyard, and a credit card.

Both were sophomores at Virginia Tech, who met before college through their church youth group.

Metzler graduated from Brookville High School in Campbell County and Childs was home-schooled in Forest.

Neither of their families, nor the investigators, say they have given up hope that these murders will be solved.

Local, state, and federal law enforcement will provide an investigative overview and update on the active investigation on Friday, August 23 at 10 a.m. Both families will share

https://wset.com/news/local/investigators-families-marking-10-year-anniversary-of-metzler-childs-murders

Police said it was shortly after 8 p.m. on August 26, 2009 when 18-year-old Heidi Childs and 19-year-old David Metzler parked in the isolated parking lot off Craig Creek Road and they were murdered that night

they were both Christians but it sounds to me they were making out. backseat sort of thing.

this sounds exactly like the Zodiac Killer kind of killing. Zodiac Killer murdered couples making out in their car in lover's lane.

I'm not familiar with Virginia but TracyB said she was from there and knew the area.

a news bit is they do have DNA so there is possibility of identifying suspect.

older article,

It has been five years since two Virginia Tech students were shot to death in the parking lot of a Virginia campground.

But local detectives are no closer to finding out who was behind the Aug. 26, 2009, slaying of Heidi Childs and David Metzler at Caldwell Fields in the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests.

Capt. Robert New on Tuesday said the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office still has no new information regarding the double shooting, the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported.

Childs, 18, and Metzler, 19, had been together for at least four years and had just started their second year at Virginia Tech, where she was majoring in industrial and systems engineering while he studied biochemistry.

The night they were killed, the couple, both of Virginia, had planned on chatting and playing guitars while parked at the idyllic campground in Montgomery County.

Childs told friends they wouldn't be late because she had homework to do. They left her apartment about 8 pm.

Next morning, a man walking his dog found their bodies shot by a .30-30 rifle. He was inside his Toyota Camry. She was on the ground outside.

Since then, investigators have remained unable to point to a motive, saying the shootings were likely random, according to the Times-Dispatch.

On the third anniversary of the homicide in 2012, Sheriff Tommy Whitt revealed that his detectives had found DNA evidence at the scene and were trying to match it to people who frequent the area. He said his department was still actively working the case.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2735953/Police-admit-theyre-stumped-mysterious-killing-young-Virginia-Tech-couple-slaughtered-parking-lot-national-forest-campground.html

Heidi Childs and David Metzler 10 year murder anniversary Artic121

not a lot of details for example, was she raped, was the DNA from semen or touch DNA?

since they say they can't find a motive i assume this mean sex and rape wasn't found.

sounds like a random act of violence by some killer, perhaps a thrill kill.

for me the take home message is even if you're in a car in a remote location, you can be shot and killed. a car offers no protection against bullets.

killer used a rifle like this

Heidi Childs and David Metzler 10 year murder anniversary Wm_11710

Henry Repeating Arms .30-30 Model

as opposed to a handgun, pistol revolver or AR-15, an older rifle model.

my pet theory is that some guy with his rifle was out hunting when he saw those kids making out, so wanting a thrill kill shot them.

reminds me of the Delphi Indiana murders Suspect

Back to top Go down