The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I read Abigail Shrier Irreversible Damage for couple hours

Go down

I read Abigail Shrier  Irreversible Damage for couple hours Empty I read Abigail Shrier Irreversible Damage for couple hours

Post by redpill Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:55 pm

Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:35 pm

this is Abigail Shrier

I read Abigail Shrier  Irreversible Damage for couple hours 44535411

her book

Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters Paperback – June 29, 2021 by Abigail Shrier

I read Abigail Shrier  Irreversible Damage for couple hours B07yl610

Abigail claims there has been an explosion of female to male transgender due to the internet.

I spent a couple of hours reading it, about half way I did NOT read it cover to cover.

In the first half that I read, I didn't read anything that a rational normal person would call "transphobic" she never advocates hatred or violence against trans. she definitely thinks teen girls are caught up in a kind of fad, and are making a huge mistake.

that these teen girls are not actually trans, for the most part, as it is an extremely rare, with the DSM-V the bible of psychology and psychiatry estimates of 2 in 10, 000.

her thesis of course is that this is a fad, a craze, a social contagion that troubled girls who yesterday would be having an eating disorder or cutting, are today concluding they have problems due to being born in the wrong body.

Abigail focuses exclusively on female to male transgender, there's of course male to female and nonbinary.

one problem I saw is she interviews the parents of daughters who transition, but I didn't see her interview actual teen girls who want to transition.

here is some sense of scale,

how many girls are identifying as boys ?

well look at this picture

I read Abigail Shrier  Irreversible Damage for couple hours Screen92

would you ever guess the person on the right is the same as the left?

so female to male transboys are invisible and almost impossible to identify

this is one example of some sense of the scale

Headline: When a quarter of the class identifies as trans
Jul 7, 2022

A quarter of the girls in my daughter’s class identify as transgender. Seven out of 28.

When I said that on Twitter recently, I was roundly attacked for being a TERF who makes up ridiculous stories to harm trans people.

While I may be a TERF, I did not make this up. A quarter of the girls in my kid’s class identify as boys. One of them has had four names this year, all from anime series.

I keep seeing people say, both on the hell-site Twitter and in the popular media, that the trans population is a tiny minority, less than 0.1% of the population. If that is true, what is going on at my child’s school? What has made the number of trans-identified girls in one year group grow from a constant zero pre-pandemic, to 25% now?

Sally
Mar 29
·edited Mar 29

Late to this but the number 7 out of 28 leapt out at me. In my daughter’s Creative Writing class 7 girls out of the 28 students say they’re trans boys. There’s zero possibility this is true.
ref https://pitt.substack.com/p/headline-when-a-quarter-of-the-class

that's 25%, though it is anecdotal and not based on actual scientific sampling. still.

I find this a bit hard to believe as I leave my home and walk out and about, I still see plenty of normal preteen girls and teen girls in shopping malls, in grocery stores, in parks, libraries, stores.

On these forums though parents are warning other parents this could happen to your daughter.

if something like this continues, there will be a major ratio imbalance of females to males, currently its about 50-50% male female

if say 26% of born females want to be transboys but only 1% born males want to transition to female, then over time the ratio might look like 75% to 25% male to female.

Abigail Shrier quotes a parent on Lucy, her first case study, comparing this to a cult, and it seem clear Abigail thinks this is some kind of cult.

it's a kind of cult that ensnares sad teen girls, convincing them they're not okay but would be happier if they were a boy. the more girls who become boys, the stronger this cult grows.

there's now a variety of forums and websites such as 4thwave now that are attempting to fight back, by having girls grow up to be women.

the one advice that I think is good is this, prevent your daughter from having any access to the internet. there was no internet when I was growing up and about 0% of girls were interested in transitioning to boys.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down