The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, etc

2 posters

Go down

RIP Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, etc Empty RIP Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, etc

Post by redpill Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:35 pm

throughout 2017 I visited my local Microcenter and pick up Computer Power User which was free

RIP Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, etc 758b6f10

my first computer was a tandy 1000 and i read both pc magazine and byte magazine on tandy 1000 and pc's in general

RIP Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, etc S-l30010

about 6 months after I bought the tandy 1000sx with a 8088 CPU,

RIP Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, etc 0d0a6310

radioshack introduced the tandy 1000TX with 286 speed.

playing kings quest on a 1000sx is agonizingly slow. Sad still fun though

i actually remember this ad

RIP Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, etc 61334710

i knew some rich kids who owned the macintosh SE

RIP Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, etc Maxres31

i drooled over it, though i have since learned macintosh SE wasn't good for games.

in the 90s i built my own pc, a celeron 300A with AOPEN motherboard installed windows 98se on it

so many memories

anyhow i visited microcenter in 2018 and i asked

where's the CPU magzine

RIP Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, etc 2d2ef010

it's dead. it fell over the side

back in the day there were magazines for the tandy 1000, for color computer, for sega master system and NES

in addition to  Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, they are all dead now.

so if you're reading this 10-30 years from now, assuming this blog is still around

there was a print computer magazine called Computer Power User you could get for FREE at microcenter.com

but the last issue was Dec 2017. it has since disappeared. even the website seemingly vanished.

and back in the 80s you could get Byte, PcMag, PcWorld and other magazines, including some specialized for apple, commodore, tandy color computer and tandy 1000, and they are all dead to.

Back to top Go down

RIP Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, etc Empty Re: RIP Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, etc

Post by MurderMysteryReader Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:59 pm

I am into computers too, but have never bought a magazine. I mostly used laptops because desktops are stationary and I like the mobility of laptops. I have not used them for games much.

Back to top Go down

RIP Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, etc Empty Re: RIP Computer Power User and Byte, PcMag, PC World, etc

Post by redpill Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:00 pm

CPU magzine was free. in my home i prefer desktops. i like building pc's

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down