The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sunday school with redpill gurus vs prophets Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh vs Samuel and Hitler

2 posters

Go down

sunday school with redpill gurus vs prophets Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh vs Samuel and Hitler Empty sunday school with redpill gurus vs prophets Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh vs Samuel and Hitler

Post by redpill Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:15 pm

Sun Jul 22, 2018

it's sunday

today i click on listverse

http://listverse.com/2018/07/22/10-shocking-facts-about-the-rajneesh-movement/

10 Shocking Facts About The Rajneesh Movement
M DAVID SCOTT JULY 22, 2018

The Rajneesh movement made its way to Oregon in 1981 and was led by Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. The religious cult made national news after engaging in immigration fraud, busing homeless people to their commune, and perpetrating the largest bioterrorism attack in US history in an attempt to overthrow local government leaders. The group had several disagreements with neighboring cities and the authorities before the community was disbanded in the mid-1980s. More recently, interest in the Rajneesh movement has been reignited by the Netflix documentary Wild Wild Country. Here are ten shocking facts about the Rajneesh movement.

i'm not going to reprint the entire list here but here's some salient points

he operated out of Oregon and he's most famous for

4 Responsible For The Largest Bioterrorism Attack In US History

9 Materialism And Sexual Hedonism

Many people were attracted to Rajneesh and his teachings largely due to the embrace of materialism and sexual hedonism. Rajneesh was a wealthy man himself, and he didn’t mind flaunting it. He often wore expensive watches to show his wealth. Many of his followers were already rich or had a higher education and were attracted to his wealth.

2 Rajneesh Owned Nearly 100 Rolls-Royces

As stated earlier, Rajneesh embraced materialism and enjoyed the finer things. He owned a massive fleet of expensive cars which he would use for his daily “drive-bys,” which was a drive along the road of Rajneeshpuram while the followers would line the road clapping. Rajneesh once said, “Wealth is a perfect means which can enhance people in every way . . . So I am a materialistic spiritualist.”[9]His first two Rolls-Royces were a Corniche and Silver Shadow, which were shipped from India to the Oregon ranch. His collection would eventually grow to a fleet of 93 Rolls-Royces. After Rajneesh left the country, the Rolls-Royces were auctioned off. The cars were in mint condition and had very few miles on them because Rajneesh drove a different one each day. The cars were sold for anywhere from $60,000 to $265,000 a piece.

#2 The Roll Royces were donated by his disciples. And, when people asked him why he didn’t donate them to the poor, he said “Every religion in the world is taking care of the poor, why can’t they just let me take care of the rich?”

i find it amazing he's wealthy given that

5 Recruited Thousands of Homeless People
Thousands of homeless people were being bused into Rajneeshpuram to live and work in the commune. Followers claimed this was a massive new charity being performed by the group to give homeless people another chance at life. Critics of the group claimed the homeless were being shipped to the area to boost voting for members of the religious group. The leaders of Rajneeshpuram wanted to start getting members elected into government positions to give the group help with certain things, but they would need more people to vote for their members in order to get elected. This was the reason homeless people were being moved to the location and registering to vote. The cult soon realized that many of the homeless were mentally ill and refused to vote for them or live with their ridiculous rules at Rajneeshpuram. The homeless people were told they would receive a ticket back to where they came from, but instead, they were dropped off at nearby cities, causing an influx of homeless people to these towns. Many of the homeless were even part of a $40 million suit against the Indian guru after learning they were used for voting.[6]

i can understand it might be easier to recruit homeless but

where the hell did he get his money?

???

on the one hand i'm impressed with his wealth but on the other hand i don't understand how he attracted followers and how he obtained wealth.

it's a complete mystery to me.

but since its sunday school, it's worth noting that in the bible

2 Chronicles 9:13-29

King Solomon's Wealth

13 Every year King Solomon received over twenty-five tons of gold, 14 in addition to the taxes paid by the traders and merchants. The kings of Arabia and the governors of the Israelite districts also brought him silver and gold. 15 Solomon made two hundred large shields, each of which was covered with about fifteen pounds of beaten gold, 16 and three hundred smaller shields, each covered with about eight pounds of beaten gold. He had them all placed in the Hall of the Forest of Lebanon.[a]

17 The king also had a large throne made. Part of it was covered with ivory and the rest of it was covered with pure gold. 18 Six steps led up to the throne, and there was a footstool attached to it, covered with gold. There were arms on each side of the throne, and the figure of a lion stood at each side. 19 Twelve figures of lions were on the steps, one at either end of each step. No throne like this had ever existed in any other kingdom.

20 All of King Solomon's drinking cups were made of gold, and all the utensils in the Hall of the Forest of Lebanon were of pure gold. Silver was not considered valuable in Solomon's day. 21 He had a fleet of ocean-going ships sailing with King Hiram's fleet. Every three years his fleet would return, bringing gold, silver, ivory, apes, and monkeys.

22 King Solomon was richer and wiser than any other king in the world. 23 They all consulted him, to hear the wisdom that God had given him. 24 Each of them brought Solomon gifts—articles of silver and gold, robes, weapons, spices, horses, and mules. This continued year after year.

25 King Solomon also had four thousand stalls for his chariots and horses, and had twelve thousand cavalry horses. Some of them he kept in Jerusalem and the rest he stationed in various other cities. 26 He was supreme ruler of all the kings in the territory from the Euphrates River to Philistia and the Egyptian border. 27 During his reign silver was as common in Jerusalem as stone, and cedar was as plentiful as ordinary sycamore in the foothills of Judah. 28 Solomon imported horses from Musri[b] and from every other country.
Summary of Solomon's Reign

29 The rest of the history of Solomon from beginning to end is recorded in The History of Nathan the Prophet, in The Prophecy of Ahijah of Shiloh, and in The Visions of Iddo the Prophet, which also deal with the reign of King Jeroboam of Israel.

sounds materialistic

along with huge animal sacrifices and 1000 wives and concubines

i of course don't believe any of this. these figures would make Solomon wealthier than any Roman emperor and we know the size and extent and power of the Roman Empire.

the bible warns us of false prophets

1 John 4:1 ESV / 816 helpful votes

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Matthew 7:15 ESV / 810 helpful votes

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
1 John 4:1-6 ESV / 721 helpful votes

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. ...
2 Peter 2:1 ESV / 695 helpful votes

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.
Matthew 24:24 ESV / 672 helpful votes

For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
2 Corinthians 11:13-15 ESV / 515 helpful votes

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.
Deuteronomy 18:20-22 ESV / 401 helpful votes

But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.
2 Timothy 4:3 ESV / 349 helpful votes

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
Matthew 24:11 ESV / 349 helpful votes

And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.
Romans 16:18 ESV / 337 helpful votes

For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.
Deuteronomy 18:20 ESV / 316 helpful votes

But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’
Mark 7:6-9 ESV / 284 helpful votes

And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, “‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men.” And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
Revelation 19:20 ESV / 271 helpful votes

And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.
Revelation 20:10 ESV / 268 helpful votes

And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Matthew 7:21 ESV / 264 helpful votes

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
2 Peter 2:3 ESV / 256 helpful votes
And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

the central claim of judaism and christianity is that

there is one god and only 1 god, no other gods of other religions or philosophies exist

this god never spoke to anyone except to the small number of jews whose writings are recorded in the bible, as far as divine inspiration is concerned

god never spoke to vikings muslims chinese indians africans etc. he only spoke to jews and only the jews whose writings are contained in the bible

imagine you meet a person, this person is introduced as a holy man, who has a direct connection to god, the only true god, the only god that exist. he's deeply religious and holy.

he's an actual prophet and his utterances shall be canonized in the bible.

according to the bible, this is the message the prophet of god has for humanity

1 Samuel 15 New International Version (NIV)
The Lord Rejects Saul as King

15 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

4 So Saul summoned the men and mustered them at Telaim—two hundred thousand foot soldiers and ten thousand from Judah. 5 Saul went to the city of Amalek and set an ambush in the ravine. 6 Then he said to the Kenites, “Go away, leave the Amalekites so that I do not destroy you along with them; for you showed kindness to all the Israelites when they came up out of Egypt.” So the Kenites moved away from the Amalekites.

7 Then Saul attacked the Amalekites all the way from Havilah to Shur, near the eastern border of Egypt. 8 He took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and all his people he totally destroyed with the sword. 9 But Saul and the army spared Agag and the best of the sheep and cattle, the fat calves[b] and lambs—everything that was good. These they were unwilling to destroy completely, but everything that was despised and weak they totally destroyed.

10 Then the word of the Lord came to Samuel: 11 “I regret that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from me and has not carried out my instructions.” Samuel was angry, and he cried out to the Lord all that night.

12 Early in the morning Samuel got up and went to meet Saul, but he was told, “Saul has gone to Carmel. There he has set up a monument in his own honor and has turned and gone on down to Gilgal.”

13 When Samuel reached him, Saul said, “The Lord bless you! I have carried out the Lord’s instructions.”

14 But Samuel said, “What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears? What is this lowing of cattle that I hear?”

15 Saul answered, “The soldiers brought them from the Amalekites; they spared the best of the sheep and cattle to sacrifice to the Lord your God, but we totally destroyed the rest.”

16 “Enough!” Samuel said to Saul. “Let me tell you what the Lord said to me last night.”

“Tell me,” Saul replied.

17 Samuel said, “Although you were once small in your own eyes, did you not become the head of the tribes of Israel? The Lord anointed you king over Israel. 18 And he sent you on a mission, saying, ‘Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; wage war against them until you have wiped them out.’ 19 Why did you not obey the Lord? Why did you pounce on the plunder and do evil in the eyes of the Lord?”

20 “But I did obey the Lord,” Saul said. “I went on the mission the Lord assigned me. I completely destroyed the Amalekites and brought back Agag their king. 21 The soldiers took sheep and cattle from the plunder, the best of what was devoted to God, in order to sacrifice them to the Lord your God at Gilgal.”

22 But Samuel replied:

“Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the Lord?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
For rebellion is like the sin of divination,
and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.
Because you have rejected the word of the Lord,
he has rejected you as king.”

24 Then Saul said to Samuel, “I have sinned. I violated the Lord’s command and your instructions. I was afraid of the men and so I gave in to them. 25 Now I beg you, forgive my sin and come back with me, so that I may worship the Lord.”

26 But Samuel said to him, “I will not go back with you. You have rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord has rejected you as king over Israel!”

27 As Samuel turned to leave, Saul caught hold of the hem of his robe, and it tore. 28 Samuel said to him, “The Lord has torn the kingdom of Israel from you today and has given it to one of your neighbors—to one better than you. 29 He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.”

30 Saul replied, “I have sinned. But please honor me before the elders of my people and before Israel; come back with me, so that I may worship the Lord your God.” 31 So Samuel went back with Saul, and Saul worshiped the Lord.

32 Then Samuel said, “Bring me Agag king of the Amalekites.”

Agag came to him in chains.[c] And he thought, “Surely the bitterness of death is past.”

33 But Samuel said,

“As your sword has made women childless,
so will your mother be childless among women.”

And Samuel put Agag to death before the Lord at Gilgal.

34 Then Samuel left for Ramah, but Saul went up to his home in Gibeah of Saul. 35 Until the day Samuel died, he did not go to see Saul again, though Samuel mourned for him. And the Lord regretted that he had made Saul king over Israel.

the prophet in question is Samuel, his message from the one true god to humanity is to slaughter all the Amalekites for something their ancestors did 450 years in the remote past, of a history archaeology said never happen.

imagine that in another religion, a prophet let's call him Sam2, made those utterances. would you believe that Sam2 is a true prophet by the standards the bible lays out?

imagine say Buddha talked about annihilating all he Amaleks, or Mohammad, or Confucius or a guru

would you believe it? would you say that's a holy man?

yet that's what the bible claims its prophet Samuel message from his deity Yahweh

it seems clear that Oregon Indian guru is a fraud yet the bible brags about how wealthy Solomon is, and the bible also has so called gurus, only they call them prophets like Samuel ordering mass extermination.

imagine that a bible was printed, and that passage from Samuel was omitted, say due to a printing press error.

would anyone miss that passage? Would anyone reading the bible say, hey where's the part where the prophet Samuel orders Saul to exterminate the Amaleks?

When i read these passages in the bible as a christian, it made me have atheist thoughts. thoughts that perhaps god doesn't actually exist and the bible isn't divinely inspired. it's the word of ordinary and deranged people, not a holy perfect god

so in this respect i am in agreement with marshall brain why doesn't god heal amputees / god is imaginary

this post is expansion pack, amazingly he never cites this passage in his writings, at least the last time i visited his site.

but i also thought that being a member of a teen evangelical youth group is kinda fun, i wish i could start my own religion and i'd simply remove all the bad parts of the bible, which for me is the entire old testament

i don't know anything about starting a new religion like Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, and it amazes me that for a guy who recruited homeless he became rich. i wonder if he was already rich for some other avenue outside of religion or had rich donors.

Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh love of money reminds me both of Solomon in the bible and Scientology

in conclusion the gurus in the bible are called prophets, as guru is indian and prophet is hebrew

the prophets in the bible like samuel advocate mass genocide. if hitler uttered those words about jews, no one would believe it, but because of religious indoctrination, when a guru named samuel says it, religious jews and christians believe it is a divine message from god to humanity.

unlike most atheists i actually think it's kinda fun to be part of a teen evangelical bible study group cause i was in one.

sadly, i don't perform miracles, and i have no idea who is interested in these cults and how to get them interested in my religious innovations, which would be expunging the entire old testament from the canon
i don't have any answers as to how if there is a good god, why the world has so much evil and evil people doing evil things without any intervention from god. other than that god does not exist.

who are these people? and what are they thinking seeing themselves act this way on youtube ?

Back to top Go down

sunday school with redpill gurus vs prophets Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh vs Samuel and Hitler Empty Re: sunday school with redpill gurus vs prophets Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh vs Samuel and Hitler

Post by searchinGirl Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:24 pm

This is kind of difficult to read for me at the moment as I am having issues with my eyesight. Cult like behavior however is one of the reasons I look to Eastern Religions for the Intruder. Particularly in Boulder, the Buddhist cultural appropriation tends to the extreme. And only last month the leader of Shambhala stepped down over allegations of “sexual harm” that have occurred over years of inappropriate behavior.

searchinGirl

Back to top Go down