The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the bible, wisdom and listverse Swedenborg new church sunday school with redpill

Go down

the bible, wisdom and listverse  Swedenborg new church sunday school with redpill  Empty the bible, wisdom and listverse Swedenborg new church sunday school with redpill

Post by redpill Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Sun Jul 29, 2018

listverse today has

10 Bible Verses That Were Changed In Translation
Mark Oliver July 29, 2018

http://listverse.com/2018/07/29/10-bible-verses-that-were-changed-in-translation/

i also the blog of Veronica Arntz

Veronica Arntz graduated from Wyoming Catholic College with a Bachelor of Arts in liberal arts in 2016 and is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in theology from the Augustine Institute.

her CV

By Veronica Arntz

the bible, wisdom and listverse  Swedenborg new church sunday school with redpill  Veroni10

Veronica Arntz graduated from Wyoming Catholic College with a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts, which included courses in humanities, philosophy, theology, and Latin, among others, using the Great Books of Western thought. The title of her senior thesis was, “Communio Personarum Meets Communionis Sacramentum: The Cosmological Connection of Family and Liturgy.” She is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Theology from the Augustine Institute.

in her post

Wisdom: The Fashioner of All Things

she writes
Veronica Arntz wrote:
What is wisdom? It’s meaning is often elusive to us, for it is mysterious and seems beyond us. The Scriptures speak frequently of wisdom: “The beginning of wisdom is the most sincere desire for instruction, and concern for instruction is love of her, and love of her is the keeping of her laws” (Wisdom 6:17-18). And again, speaking of wisdom as a woman, “I loved her and sought her from my youth, and I desired to take her for my bride, and I became enamored of her beauty” (Wisdom 8:2). Yet the ancient philosophers were also deeply concerned about wisdom, which shows us that it is something obtainable through natural reason. We can begin to understand much about the pursuit of wisdom when we look into the perennial philosophy, the Scriptures, and finally, into wisdom as one of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.
http://truthandcharityforum.org/wisdom-the-fashioner-of-all-things/

she's catholic, it might surprise her many evangelicals regard catholicism as a false non-christian "cult"

thanks to atheist websites like whywon'tgodhealamputees and godisimaginary

i know the bible is just the word of man, christians and jews are brainwashed to see it as the word of god, but i am unable to put my credence in this

the christian bible includes the torah, which reads as follows

Any of the people of Israel, or of the aliens who reside in Israel, who give any of their offspring to Molech shall be put to death; the people of the land shall stone them to death. I myself will set my face against them, and will cut them off from the people, because they have given of their offspring to Molech, defiling my sanctuary and profaning my holy name. And if the people of the land should ever close their eyes to them, when they give of their offspring to Molech, and do not put them to death, I myself will set my face against them and against their family, and will cut them off from among their people, them and all who follow them in prostituting themselves to Molech.

If any turn to mediums and wizards, prostituting themselves to them, I will set my face against them, and will cut them off from the people. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy; for I am the Lord your God. Keep my statutes, and observe them; I am the Lord; I sanctify you. All who curse father or mother shall be put to death; having cursed father or mother, their blood is upon them.

If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death. The man who lies with his father�s wife has uncovered his father�s nakedness; both of them shall be put to death; their blood is upon them. If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall be put to death; they have committed perversion; their blood is upon them. If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them. [Leviticus, chapter 20]

so when you hear of christians and jews talk about the bible as the actual word of god, god inspired, coming from divine wisdom, that's what you read

compare what Veronica Arntz says

Veronica Arntz wrote:
In the last analysis, our desire for wisdom can transform the way that we live in Christ, for pursuing the noblest end in our studies is ultimately the pursuit of the Holy Trinity. Wisdom not only informs our intellect, but it also assists our will in acting prudently and choosing moral actions. Thus, our pursuit of wisdom will lead us to a deeper understanding of God, but we must also have the humility to ask for the gift of wisdom, for God is the one who bestows on us knowledge of himself. We should implore the Holy Spirit for the gift of wisdom, so that we might come to a deeper knowledge of God, ourselves, and the virtues to live a holy life in him.

with what the bible actually says

1 Samuel 15 New International Version (NIV)
The Lord Rejects Saul as King

15 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

4 So Saul summoned the men and mustered them at Telaim—two hundred thousand foot soldiers and ten thousand from Judah. 5 Saul went to the city of Amalek and set an ambush in the ravine. 6 Then he said to the Kenites, “Go away, leave the Amalekites so that I do not destroy you along with them; for you showed kindness to all the Israelites when they came up out of Egypt.” So the Kenites moved away from the Amalekites.

7 Then Saul attacked the Amalekites all the way from Havilah to Shur, near the eastern border of Egypt. 8 He took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and all his people he totally destroyed with the sword. 9 But Saul and the army spared Agag and the best of the sheep and cattle, the fat calves[b] and lambs—everything that was good. These they were unwilling to destroy completely, but everything that was despised and weak they totally destroyed.

10 Then the word of the Lord came to Samuel: 11 “I regret that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from me and has not carried out my instructions.” Samuel was angry, and he cried out to the Lord all that night.

12 Early in the morning Samuel got up and went to meet Saul, but he was told, “Saul has gone to Carmel. There he has set up a monument in his own honor and has turned and gone on down to Gilgal.”

13 When Samuel reached him, Saul said, “The Lord bless you! I have carried out the Lord’s instructions.”

14 But Samuel said, “What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears? What is this lowing of cattle that I hear?”

15 Saul answered, “The soldiers brought them from the Amalekites; they spared the best of the sheep and cattle to sacrifice to the Lord your God, but we totally destroyed the rest.”

16 “Enough!” Samuel said to Saul. “Let me tell you what the Lord said to me last night.”

“Tell me,” Saul replied.

17 Samuel said, “Although you were once small in your own eyes, did you not become the head of the tribes of Israel? The Lord anointed you king over Israel. 18 And he sent you on a mission, saying, ‘Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; wage war against them until you have wiped them out.’ 19 Why did you not obey the Lord? Why did you pounce on the plunder and do evil in the eyes of the Lord?”

20 “But I did obey the Lord,” Saul said. “I went on the mission the Lord assigned me. I completely destroyed the Amalekites and brought back Agag their king. 21 The soldiers took sheep and cattle from the plunder, the best of what was devoted to God, in order to sacrifice them to the Lord your God at Gilgal.”

22 But Samuel replied:

“Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the Lord?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
For rebellion is like the sin of divination,
and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.
Because you have rejected the word of the Lord,
he has rejected you as king.”

24 Then Saul said to Samuel, “I have sinned. I violated the Lord’s command and your instructions. I was afraid of the men and so I gave in to them. 25 Now I beg you, forgive my sin and come back with me, so that I may worship the Lord.”

26 But Samuel said to him, “I will not go back with you. You have rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord has rejected you as king over Israel!”

27 As Samuel turned to leave, Saul caught hold of the hem of his robe, and it tore. 28 Samuel said to him, “The Lord has torn the kingdom of Israel from you today and has given it to one of your neighbors—to one better than you. 29 He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.”

30 Saul replied, “I have sinned. But please honor me before the elders of my people and before Israel; come back with me, so that I may worship the Lord your God.” 31 So Samuel went back with Saul, and Saul worshiped the Lord.

32 Then Samuel said, “Bring me Agag king of the Amalekites.”

Agag came to him in chains.[c] And he thought, “Surely the bitterness of death is past.”

33 But Samuel said,

“As your sword has made women childless,
so will your mother be childless among women.”

And Samuel put Agag to death before the Lord at Gilgal.

34 Then Samuel left for Ramah, but Saul went up to his home in Gibeah of Saul. 35 Until the day Samuel died, he did not go to see Saul again, though Samuel mourned for him. And the Lord regretted that he had made Saul king over Israel.

doesn't sound like wisdom to me.

i don't see the bible as anything other than primitive and insane jews of ancient times with wild fantasies and that's it.

i don't believe the bible is the word of a god, and i don't believe god exists, except perhaps in some form of deism.

Veronica Arntz to her credit also quotes thomas aquinas and thomas a kempis, which is part of what i call the bible expansion pack.

i actually happened to live near a Immanel Swedenborg new church, which includes the writings of Swedenborg as canon. they cite Swedenborg as divinely inspired scripture

i've looked at his writings, and while i am skeptical of angels, it's better material than what i read in the bible.

Veronica Arntz is studying theology though i'm unclear what her goals are since in catholicism women can't become priests.

in dungeons and dragons, studying theology is the province of a class of characters called clerics

clerics can perform genuine miracle based healings and repel undead.

in our world they can say some nice things but they have no actual miracle based super powers.

prayer for healing don't seemingly work except either as coincidence or placebo

i see Veronica Arntz as someone who is attracted to the idea of divine wisdom, the problem is that when you actually read the bible, it's all b.s

Back to top Go down