The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i saw kids playing asteroids at Costco Jun 2019

Go down

i saw kids playing asteroids at Costco Jun 2019 Empty i saw kids playing asteroids at Costco Jun 2019

Post by redpill Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:02 pm

at my local Costco they sell this

i saw kids playing asteroids at Costco Jun 2019 Maxres74

i saw a family with 2 kids boy and girl, and they were playing the 1970s game asteroids.

same game.

i saw kids playing asteroids at Costco Jun 2019 220px-13

I didn't think today's kids would be interested, and i don't recall seeing any girls playing video games when i was a kid.

today, in 2019, there are plenty of devices with graphics and sound far superior to asteroids of the 1970s.

but when i was a kid, and i saw this, there was nothing else in existence that compared to Asteroids, when i first saw it.

i was actually too short to actually play the game at the time, but i could see it by looking up.

initially i wasn't sure what was going on or what to make of it,

but as i got older i learned these are arcade games, coin operated. it went on to be an important part of my childhood, though in the 80s

games like gauntlet and the legend of the kage were more to my liking.

but in the 1970s and 80s, tvs were substandard, we used cassette recorders (!) and type writers,

only 1 family i knew had a VCR, my family originally did not. i never knew such a thing even existed.

and asteroids and other video games of the era like zaxxon and galaxian were comparable in graphics and sound, so i accepted it

as the state of art of the day.

today's kids of course can play games on their iphone with graphcis and sound far superior to what i had in the 70s.

i kinda wish i could somehow be reborn as a rich kid now. ah well what can you do, unless there is reincarnation

other games off top of my head, joust, qbert, missile command, crystal castle, time pilot, gyrus
burger times, popeye, kangaroo, centipede millipede tron

i only knew boys my age played these games, not girls. i don't remember any girls having any interest in this.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down