The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

women playing Dungeons and Dragons Barnes and Nobles

Go down

women playing Dungeons and Dragons Barnes and Nobles Empty women playing Dungeons and Dragons Barnes and Nobles

Post by redpill Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:43 am

Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:15 am

I was at Barnes and Nobles, and they have a D&D section. I saw a young college age woman browsing at the D&D books. She had the typical nerdy looks.

I asked her if she played and she said she does, and not only does she, but she plays with other female college friends

I told her I was surprised.

When I played first edition AD&D back in the day,

women playing Dungeons and Dragons Barnes and Nobles Player10

when I played I played with 100% other boys in elementary school.

It had zero appeal to girls, except when a boy had a girlfriend and invited her over.

I knew of no girl who played D&D.

I major reason is that D&D was a game that is similar in spirit to a video game, where you may play a knight on level 1, and fight a goblin. In the original D&D the most powerful class was the cleric. Clerics could cast spells and fight almost as well as a fighter, and turn undead.

That sort of thing had no appeal to any girl I knew of.

As I got older, computer and video game technology advance, so by the 80s I was playing Bard's Tale on a Tandyy 1000

women playing Dungeons and Dragons Barnes and Nobles AFOimjK

and Gauntlet in the arcade

women playing Dungeons and Dragons Barnes and Nobles 220px-14

D&D was kinda tedious, you write down hit points on a piece of paper and role dice, You look tables and then use paper and pencil to deduct from hit points every time there was damage.

So first I'm surprised D&D is popular today when you have Call of Duty to play in today's world.

And two, I'm surprised that this was a young college woman playing it and she's playing it with other young women.

the typical adventure would be a dungeon crawl. you have a knight and enter a dungeon. in one room there's a goblin. in the halls there might be a carrion crawler and then a skeleton and treasure in another room.

You get experience points from collecting gold pieces and killing monsters and when you earn enough you advance to the next level.

I don't see that appealing females at all. and it only appealed to nerdy boys like me. athletic boys played sports.

since I was in elementary school when I played with other boys of same age, I wonder what girls get out of D&D.
The young woman I met by the D&D book section in Barnes and Nobles I only talked to her about maybe 5 minutes before she excused herself and left.

I've given up on D&D and I have not read any material, though I did see the recent movie found it funny.

Shocked

Back to top Go down