The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

re Tadpole12 Re: Redpill's Mr Cruel theory " law enforcement" USA vs Australia

Go down

re Tadpole12 Re: Redpill's Mr Cruel theory " law enforcement" USA vs Australia Empty re Tadpole12 Re: Redpill's Mr Cruel theory " law enforcement" USA vs Australia

Post by redpill Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:36 pm

Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:27 pm

i just learned about this today,

tadpole12 wrote:Re: Redpill's Mr Cruel theory
The aussie notes @ 1:58, 'Law Enforcement' is an American Terminology , "we don't even use that in Australia".

always interesting videos, ty jj.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ransom-note-one-more-thing.458339/

an Australian national is reviewing the Jonbenet Ransom note from an Australian view point, he acknowledges he has not studied either handwriting or linguistics

he points out

The aussie notes @ 1:58, 'Law Enforcement' is an American Terminology , "we don't even use that in Australia".

tadpole12 said this conflicts with the redpill theory of Mr Cruel.

my first reply is Crocodile Dundee

re Tadpole12 Re: Redpill's Mr Cruel theory " law enforcement" USA vs Australia -1505310

it's a movie about an Australian coming to the US.

the movie has plenty of Australian terms,

for example, here in the us we might say but shrimp on the grill,

in Australia,

"slip a prawn on the barbie"

Shrimp on the barbie" is a phrase that originated in a series of television advertisements by the Australian Tourism Commission starring Paul Hogan from 1984 through to 1990.[1][2] The actual quote spoken by Hogan is "I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you", and the actual slogan of the ad was "Come and say G'day". It has since been used, along with some variations, to make reference to Australia in popular culture.

The advertisement pre-dated Hogan's popularity in the 1986 film Crocodile Dundee and thus were not initially seen as celebrity advertisements in the US, as he was relatively unknown in the United States (though well known in the UK through his long-running television comedy show), although the film somewhat increased the commercial's popularity.[1]

The advertisements were developed by the Australian agency Mojo in conjunction with American agency N.W. Ayer. The campaign was launched during the National Football Conference Championship Game in January 1984. Before the campaign, Australia was approximately number 78 on the "most desired" vacation destination list for Americans, but became number 7 three months after the launch, and soon became number 1 or 2 on Americans' "dream vacation" list, remaining in that position for most of the next two decades.[1]

"Barbie" is Australian slang for barbecue and the phrase "slip a shrimp on the barbie" often evokes images of a fun social gathering under the sun. Australians, however, invariably use the word prawn rather than shrimp. Because the commercial was commissioned for broadcast in the United States, the change was made to limit audience confusion.[1][2] The commercial was so influential that three decades later, USC Trojans football player Chris Tilbey, an Australian, reported that he was quoted the "shrimp on the barbie" line "Every day. Every day".[3]

The term was used in the opening sequence of the 1994 cult comedy Dumb and Dumber, when protagonist Lloyd Christmas (portrayed by Jim Carrey) tries to hit on an Austrian woman, mistaking her for an Australian: "Let's put another shrimp on the barbie". She then turns him down, saying "Let's not".

Prawns are a popular traditional Christmas seafood in Australia.[4][5] However, crustaceans such as shrimp and prawns are less common, on average, in the Australian cuisine than in the United States. In the late 1980s, annual per capita consumption of shrimp stood at 1.3 kg in the United States, second only to Japan.[6]

Americans watching this Aussie themed movie would know of the Aussie put a prawn on the barbie.

I am an American and if I want i can say "put a prawn on the barbie." but no one knows what that means in the USA but if i were in Australia i might say that.

my Mr Cruel theory includes Mr Cruel is a fan of American US films Dirty Harry, Ransom and Speed and other US action thriller movies, since all 3 movies involves kidnappings, US movies are popular in Australia, and Mr Cruel is a kidnapper.

the term law enforcement is used in those movies, and Mr Cruel spent some time in the US, so he could pick up the term here

how many Australians are here in the US? recently Justine Damond was an Aussie who called law enforcement and was shot and killed by officer noor.

My Mr Cruel theory is that 1- Mr Cruel watches US movies about kidnapping children, such as Dirty Harry Ransom and Speed,

Mr Cruel was familiar with law police as he was the target of the largest investigation in Victoria's history

Mr Cruel was in the US and speaking to a US audience decided to consciously use American term law enforcement to cover he's Australian.

Back to top Go down