The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

it was a dark and stormy night Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:11 am

Go down

it was a dark and stormy night  Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:11 am Empty it was a dark and stormy night Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:11 am

Post by redpill Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:33 am

it was a dark and stormy night Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:11 am

its raining outside right now and I'm still up at this moment.

Yesterday it was almost 95F outside, inside my house with no AC was about 86F but I was able to open windows and cool my house to 83F

Today it hit 88F but right now its 70F with the rain and my house was originally 85F but I have windows open and its cooling to 79F. again no AC.

I don't have any paranormal stories of my own to tell, as far as being wide awake. I do see my late mother in my dreams. Most of my dreams are me reliving the memories of my past.

I did watch Unsolved Mysteries in the late 80s and 90s and they featured ghost stories, such as Resurrection Mary in Chicago.

I have had some interest in philosophy. in AP English we read Plato's Apology and Socrates talks about the after life. How in the after life he'd like to cross examine some famous people in Greek Heaven. We also read Shakespeare Hamlet, where Hamlet talks to the ghost of his father and how he was betrayed and he's in purgatory for his sins.

I know in science ghosts and spirits probably don't exist. I am hoping that a philosophy professor can explain with philosophy that there is more to this world than just science. that science has serious limitations.

I think in everyday life the word philosopher is someone who has new age type beliefs as represented in the Secret. about using the Law of attraction. In Colleges and Universities philosophy is something quite different.

In philosophy taught at Universities, there's a philosopher named Hegel.
One of Hegel's most famous works is Phenomenology of Spirit. Since it has the word Spirit in it, and my mom died I was hoping it was about talking to spirits. I've learned yeah not really. no discussion on how to talk to ghosts in that work. pale

I happened to live close to a Swedenborg New Church which is based on the writings of Emmanuel Swedenborg in addition to the Bible. I've always wanted to use his writings to meet angels in person for favors such as miracle healing of my mother and her dementia. Sadly it didn't work pale

I did visit the church on Sundays. Its astounding to me to see mostly racially whites attending this church, reading both the Bible and Swedenborg's writings like Celestial Arcana, and they even have a school where the parents send their kid.

I've not seen any angels although some angel stories were featured on Unsolved Mysteries

I can now google psychics mediums and seances. I of course know about science and skepticism and this is all nonsense and con artists.

I want a philosopher to tell me that science isn't everything and that we have souls and there's an afterlife where souls go to.

Yeah I can't think of anything paranormal of my own to share. I've seen stories of stormy nights with lots of lightening and other people seeing either ghosts or UFO's. alien There was a 2014 era tv show called Close Encounters and its about real life UFO stories and some of the witnesses say they saw a UFO during a storm. I've heard similar with ghosts and Bigfoot.

so yeah my eyes now are getting tired and fatigue so I'm probably going to bed soon.

it was a dark and stormy night Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:11 am cat

Back to top Go down