The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

safety lesson around police Justine Ruszczyk Damond age 40 shot dead

Go down

safety lesson around police Justine Ruszczyk Damond age 40 shot dead Empty safety lesson around police Justine Ruszczyk Damond age 40 shot dead

Post by redpill Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:44 am

star gate log 7.19.2017 Wed nite

safety lesson around police Justine Ruszczyk Damond age 40 shot dead Minnes11

'That is ludicrous': Lawyer for bride-to-be Justine Damond's family rubbishes police claims they feared an ambush after she was shot dead by a Minnesota cop
Lawyer for Justine Damond's family rubbished claims officers feared an ambush
Mohamed Noor has not spoken to investigators about why he shot Ms Damond
Ms Damond was shot in Minneapolis by Noor while he was in a police squad car
Friends of Noor spoke to DailyMail.com and revealed his first detailed version
Noor says she approached their police cruiser in the dark after a loud bang
His friends said the officer could not tell what she was carrying, so he shot her
He was 'startled' and the cruiser's lights were off at the time, he has told friends
Noor, a Somali-born American, has also said he feels isolated for his race.
Friend said: 'His feeling is 'I am an immigrant, a Muslim and not white'

The lawyer for Australian Justine Damond's family has rubbished US police claims that officers feared an ambush after she was shot dead by a rogue cop.

Ms Damond's family in Australia and in Minneapolis hired a high-profile attorney after the 40-year-old was gunned down in her pajamas on Saturday night.

The bride-to-be, from Sydney's Northern Beaches, was shot after she phoned 911 to alert police to what she believed was a rape happening in the alley behind her home.

Attorney Robert Bennett said Justine's family was in disbelief she was gunned down within minutes of the police call and wanted justice.

'This is an unbelievable situation that a person who called 911 is shot in her pajamas,' Mr Bennett told CBS Minnesota.

'She obviously was not armed, she was not a threat to anyone nor could she have reasonably been perceived to be.'

Mr Bennett, who successfully represented the family of Philando Castile - a black man shot by a police officer in Minnesota last year, said there was 'disinformation' surrounding Justine's death.

He said police claims they feared a possible ambush were absurd.

'I think that is ludicrous, that is disinformation. It doesn't have any basis in fact,' he said.

Mr Bennett said Justine's Australian family might consider a civil suit, but he said their priority was non-monetary.

He said the family wanted change in police protocols concerning body cameras and better training for officers.

Mr Bennett said the family also wanted Officer Noor, who fatally shot

Killer policeman Mohamed Noor revealed to friends he was 'startled' by his victim Justine Damond seconds before he opened fire.

The cop has told friends about why he gunned down the bride-to-be, 40, in his first account of what happened Saturday night.

DailyMail.com has spoken to those friends to reveal for the first time his account of what happened that night.

The fact Noor has disclosed the events of the evening to friends will raise questions over his conduct.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA), which is investigating the shooting, said in a statement Tuesday that he had declined to be interviewed and that his attorney had not said if or when an interview would take place.

However, many of the key parts of Noor's narrative gel with the version of events released by the BCA, who had interviewed his partner, Matthew Harrity.

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a friend of Noor told DailyMail.com that the officer had opened fire when an unidentified figure emerged from the dark and ran towards the vehicle.

The officer said he was not sure what the person was carrying and momentarily opened fire through his driver-partner's open window.

It was confirmed that Justine's cell phone was found alongside her during the tragedy.  

Noor told associates it was dark and the situation was already tense as the caller had been 'panicking' when making the 911 call reporting an assault in the alley beyond where Justine lived with her fiancé and his son.

The squad car, driven by his partner Matthew Harrity traveled hastily down the unlit alley between Washburn and Xerxes avenues south from West 50th Street toward West 51st Street.

Crucially, the vehicle did not have its lights on and this may have been so as not to give any suspect notice that police had arrived and buy precious time to apprehend the target. That the car was unlit was disclosed by Harrity to the BCA.

Both Noor and the BCA's version of events agree on the car's lights being off.

According to Noor's version when they reached the end of the alley, they came across a waiting, panicking figure.

It was dark, and the figure was moving around and approached their vehicle.

Noor said he did not know whether the figure who rushed towards their vehicle was the 911 caller or even if it was a man or woman.

He his weapon through Harrity's open driver's window hitting his victim once in the abdomen.

Both he and Harrity gave CPR to the victim before help and back up arrived, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.

he friend said: 'Mohamed believes he acted to protect himself and his colleague, but accepts since that she was not armed.

'It was over in seconds and it was a very tense moment. He is sorry for the woman and her family.

'But he would never have opened fire without genuinely feeling in danger.'

The officer, who is now suspended form the Minneapolis P.D., feels he has been 'thrown under the bus' by his Minneapolis police colleagues, the friend said.

'He is aware that they normally come together at times like this and support each other with slogans like 'Blue Lives Matter'.

'But in this situation he has realized he is probably alone with his legal team and Somali police colleagues.

'He feels like he is being thrown under the bus and his colleagues are accusing him of not showing proper police conduct on Saturday night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4712818/Justine-Damond-hire-lawyer-shot-dead-police.html

several news articles say the officers feared an ambush in an active crime scene

Justine Damond shooting: Minneapolis police 'feared ambush'
The lawyer for a US police officer whose partner killed an Australian woman says it would be "reasonable" for the pair to have feared an ambush.
Minneapolis officer Matthew Harrity has reportedly said they were startled by a "loud sound" before last Saturday night's shooting of Justine Damond.
Police have released the transcript of her call to police, in which the 40-year-old reports a suspected rape.
She was fatally shot in the abdomen by one of the officers she had called.
Officer Mohamed Noor, who fired the fatal shot in Ms Damond's upmarket neighbourhood, has refused to be interviewed by investigators, as is his legal right.
Fred Bruno, a lawyer for Officer Harrity, said on Wednesday: "It is reasonable to assume an officer in that situation would be concerned about a possible ambush.

"It was only a few weeks ago when a female NYPD cop and mother of twins was executed in her car in a very similar scenario."
He was referring to the 5 July shooting of a 48-year-old police officer as she sat in her patrol car in the Bronx borough of New York City.
The attorney's comments come a day after Officer Harrity spoke to investigators with the state's Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, which is leading the investigation.
During the interview, he described seeing a young person on a bicycle pass by moments before Ms Damond pounded on the door of the police car, according to KSTP-TV.
Detectives have appealed to the cyclist to come forward with any information he may have.

On Wednesday police released the transcript of her two separate 911 calls, which she made after hearing screams nearby.
"I'm not sure if she's having sex or being raped," she told the police operator, before giving her address.
"I think she just yelled out 'help', but it's difficult, the sound has been going on for a while," she continued.
Ms Damond called back eight minutes later to ensure police had the correct address.
Body cameras, which are worn by all Minneapolis police, had not been turned on at the time of the shooting and the squad car dashboard camera also failed to capture the incident.
Officers Harrity and Noor, who between them have spent three years on the police force, have been placed on paid administrative leave.
Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull is appealing to the US for an explanation.
"It is a shocking killing, and yes, we are demanding answers on behalf of her family," he told Australian TV on Wednesday.
Hundreds of friends and family of Ms Damond held a vigil on Sydney's Freshwater beach on Wednesday morning.
The slain yoga instructor and spiritual healer was engaged to marry an American man.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40661873
911 wrote:
Incident Number: 17-265936 July 15, 2017; 23.27:02

Time: 23:27:02

Operator: 911, what's the address of the emergency?

Caller: Hi, I'm, I can hear someone out the back and I, I'm not sure if she's having sex or being raped.

Operator: Give me the address.

Caller: XXXX Washburn Avenue South.

Operator: Washburn Avenue South. You said it's behind (inaudible)?

Caller: And there's a (inaudible) out the back, yup, yup. And I think she just yelled out 'help,' but it's difficult the sound has been going on for a while, but I think, I don't think she's enjoying it. I think it's, I don't know.

Operator: Okay, already got a call started and help on the way. Uh, you can't see anything, you're just hearing a female screaming then, is that what you're saying?

Caller: Yeah. It sounds like sex noises, but it's been going on for a while and I think she tried to say help and it sounds distressed.

Operator: Okay, I've already got an officer on the way. What is your name?

Caller: JUSTINE.

Operator: JUSTINE, what's your last name?

Caller: JUSTINE.

Operator: JUSTINE.

Caller: Yeah.

Operator: And a phone number?

Caller: REDACTED

Operator: Okay, we've already got help on the way. If anything changes before we get there just give us a call right back, but officers should be there soon.

Caller: Thanks.

Operator: Okay, not a problem.

[DAMOND CALLS BACK AT 23.35:23]

Operator: 911, what is the address of the emergency?

Caller: Hi, I just reported one, but no one's here and was wondering if they got the address wrong.

Operator: What's the address?

Caller: XXXX Washburn Avenue South. It supposed to be Washburn Avenue South.

Operator: Are you JUSTINE?

Caller: Yeah, (inaudible).

Operator: You're hearing a female screaming?

Caller: Yes, along behind the house.

Operator: Yup, officers are on the way there.

Caller: Thank you.

Operator: You're welcome, bye.  

possible issue
ibid wrote:
The lawyer for one of the US police officers involved in the shooting death of Australian Justine Damond says it is 'certainly reasonable' his client feared he was the target of an ambush.

Minneapolis lawyer Fred Bruno, who represents Officer Matthew Harrity, pointed to the recent execution of a New York police officer gunned down as she sat in her car.

'It's certainly reasonable to assume that any police officer would be concerned about a possible ambush under these circumstances,' Mr Bruno told the Minneapolis Star Tribune newspaper.

'It was only a few weeks ago when a female NYPD cop and mother of twins was executed in her car in a very similar scenario.'

NYPD Officer Miosotis Familia was shot in the head on July 5 while sitting in her car in the Bronx.

safety lesson - what we can learn from shooting death of Justine Damond is that you may create a real fear in responding police officers if you approach their car, at night, in the dark, while behind an ally, after a 911 call of a possible rape, and bang on their door or approach them. the may shoot you out of fear of an ambush

mystic thoughts Justine Damond is a holistic new age yoga instructor which i have some interest  in. trained a veterinarian in Sydney Australia, news reports said there were some family deaths so she turned to holistic healing. something i also have looked into. but wow . she leaves Sydney Australia for US. She was to be married to an American and of all places in Minnesota. She calls 911 to report a rape. Then she gets shot and killed.
That's a cruel twist of fate. Justine shows just how quickly your fortunes can change. One second you are calling 911 to report a rape, next second you are shot and killed.

Both police offiers report they heard a loud bang, which could have come from a fire cracker but they thought it could be a gun shot, and the next thing they know, this figure was running toward them in their car.

so it's extraordinarily unlucky for Justine to be running toward the police car in the dark at night after reporting a rape in progress while at the same time a loud noise of a fire cracker or even a gun went off.

being in a foreign country of course there is the risk of death, in this case from police.

other thoughts - I imagine there will be both a criminal and civil lawsuit, and a court and jury will decide whether the police officers had acted out of reasonable fear. I suspect they will be acquitted in a criminal complaint, but Minnesota state will pay out money to the victim's family of the tune of a couple million.

I'm not here to pass judgment, I'm thinking of how I can prevent such a fate to Me. the take home lesson is that it is highly unwise and not recommended to approach police officers at night, in the dark, even in their cars, which is what Justine did.

I'm not saying Justine is at fault, but I would not do what she did, and approach a police car at night, and bang on their car door. It wouldn't even occur to me to try this, unless i was actually being attacked and I felt that was the only way to save my life. If I were Justine, I would tell 911 to have police arrive at my front door to explain the situation, with front porch lights on and house well lit, lights on. I would not meet the police in the dark behind a dark ally at night, which is what she did.

the only situation where i would do that is if i were being attacked in real time, and the only recourse i have is to beg officers to intervene on my behalf and protect me.

any situation involving a police officer is always a potentially lethal one, as they are armed with guns even if you are the victim or calling to report.

if I were in Justine's situation, i would

1- stay inside the home or
2- if i have to meet the officers, have them arrive at my home, meet them at the front door

what i would not do is meet them in the dark in their own cars, which could be misinterpreted as an ambush by a bad guy, which is what Justine did. I'm not saying she is at fault I am merely saying this is a high-risk and highly dangerous situation.

so if i were actively being attacked by an alley i'll be screaming for help. hopefully someone like Justine calls 911. police arrive. obviously i would probably run towards car saying help im being beaten to death!

i may get shot by the officers like justine did, but either that or certain death from a thug robber attacker thrill killer.
I do think in this case the police, officer noor had to consider the person approaching might be a rape victim, so no, shooting a possible victim of rape isn't acceptable.

police scoured the area for the possible rape but found nothing. What exactly did Justine hear to report what she did to 911?

was a woman being raped and if so where is she, and where is the rapist?

or perhaps a woman and another person were having consensual sex, and are afraid of coming forward?

Back to top Go down